Critic Review - Philadelphia Inquirer

There's not much to this movie beyond a slick procession of dark, gleaming violence.

January 21, 2012 Full Review Source: Philadelphia Inquirer | Comments (11)
Philadelphia Inquirer
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Colt Short

Colt Short

well you sir are so stuped to that because in the first 2 of the films all the critics wanted more violence

Jan 22 - 06:44 AM

Gavin Walsh

Gavin Walsh

so true mate

Jan 22 - 11:57 AM

allister w.

allister w

uh, actually your "all the critics" is a tad misinformed , but then what would one expect from someone who is too stupid to spell stupid? None of the Underworld films have gotten very good reviews and that's for a reason. Because they are all unimaginative, dumb, cliched, and "stuped" (or however you choose to spell it).

Jan 22 - 10:45 PM

G Louis

Gaston Marty

Right on, and this one is by far the worst of that sorry lot of garbage. Unwatchable crap.

Glouis

Jan 25 - 11:56 PM

Joshua Stark

Joshua Stark

Judging from the way he uses our language I'm gonna say english isn't his first. I'm sure your spelling in French or Arabic is perfect though. Also this movie is for the fans. You don't watch a movie about a Vampire/Werewolf war and expect a deep story line.

Feb 17 - 02:05 PM

Sean Anderson

Sean Anderson

*stupid*

Jan 25 - 09:54 PM

Tommy H.

Tommy Edward

The critics wanted more character development and a little bit of originality. I didn't see any critcs asking for more violence.

May 25 - 12:05 PM

Tommy H.

Tommy Edward

They wanted character development and a little originality. I didn't see any critics asking for more violence.

May 25 - 12:06 PM

Giorgio Landa

Giorgio Landa

It is still #1 at the box office. Hopefully one day people like you will simple not be necessary and we can just go watch a movie and make our OWN criticism. And you'll find a real job.

Jan 22 - 11:08 AM

Michael Collins

Michael Collins

I think the movie is worth supporting though. I enjoyed the first 2 Underworld movies. They seemed to have a lot of action in them to me. I think I probably seen them 4 or 5 times each. When it comes on tv, I don't have the urge to turn the channel because there where parts in them that I didn't dread to see again. They were all cool. Not too many movies get that from me. This third installment had quite a few cool parts in it. Huge werewolves are great to me, but the only let down for me was the "Where's Michael" bit. I realize movies that has others coming after it, always try to get you want to watch the next one, by keeping you lost, not confused, but just make you want to say "Get on with it." Unfortunately like Twilight. I try to give those movies a chance, but I haven't seen anything amazing yet, and I've only seen them one time each. Oh yeah---I turn the channel second time around.
I say why not make the movie to where if kind of feels like there is a conclusion instead of just making us feel like we just watched an episode or something. In other words I did want more, simply because I like the Underworld movies and it's 2012 and I want to be blown away, all the way through the film. Make the film 3 hrs long if you have to. Stop pimping us for our dough!lol.

Jan 26 - 07:07 PM

Daniel Banasen

Daniel Banasen

Duh. 'cause it's "UNDERWORLD."

Feb 18 - 05:27 AM

lwool41

Larry Wooldridge

Seems to me you do not like these type of films.

May 10 - 07:07 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

In my opinion, the only bad part about the movie was the CGI Scott Speedman as Michael. It wasn't that bad of a movie. I thought Rise of Lycans was much better. But having Beckinsale back as Selene, surely for me that's enough.
The storyline could have used a little more tweaking, but again, the missing link was Speedman actually acting, which complemented Beckinsale's acting.

May 11 - 06:52 PM

Emma Akhigbe

Emma Akhigbe

Dear Doctor Agbon I wanted to thank you (yet again) for bringing VILMA back to me. We had known each other for what seemed a lifetime and dated on and off during that lifetime. A couple years ago some rich beau moved to town and swept her away from me. They got married after 2 months of dating and moved away, I had no idea where she was or how to get a hold of her! I requested that the split them up and reunite us love spell be cast for me. A 3days later, out of nowhere, vilma showed up on my doorstep. Said she had been miserable in her short marriage, the guy was great but not for her. I helped her file for divorce and we got married at a justice of the peace two days after her divorce was final. We have been happy every since. You have done more for me that I could possibly ever repay you for. i will advice anyone to contact him for help Email: indiapowerfulspell@gmail.com

May 19 - 09:40 PM