88% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Undisputed Reviews

Phil H

April 13, 2011
The Mike Tyson story this could be, Mr Chambers (Rhames) goes to jail for an accusation of rape and becomes an even bigger media typhoon than he was before. At first I didn't think much of the film to be honest, it was cliched and kinda boring really plus Rhames as 'Chambers' was an annoying character who you wanted to see beaten.

I soon discovered that my feelings towards Chambers actually fuelled my enjoyment as the film continues and Snipes character 'Monroe' comes into play. The tense build up between the two up to the obvious finale does get you going. Lets not get over excited here this is your typical 'Rocky-ish' story with all the usual characters, dialog and scenes, not original but a good beat em up when the fists fly.

The final fight is well done and you do feel the blows as Snipes and Rhames match up and sweat over each other, I'm pretty sure Rhames would win in a real fight though as he looks pretty darn solid.
Al S

August 21, 2010
A solid prison drama with strong performances by Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames, but the film lacks in any form of human emotion or character study and just leaves a dark shell that isn't totally filled and makes you feel unsatisfied. But it's not to say it isn't well-crafted from it's director, Walter Hill. It also has one of the best boxing showdowns shown in a film since the original Rocky and Raging Bull.
Lady D

April 4, 2007
Not a film that holds your attention well. Overacted, over the top on the fight sound effects, hugely energetic fighting for a heavyweight fight. You really are not missing out on anything by skipping this film.
Dean !

May 11, 2007
A very solid boxing film set in prison. Almost seems to be aimed at one World heavy weight champ in the real world! The boxing scenes are done very well, but the build up isn't as good as say the better Rocky films. Not a bad effort and worth watching when it's on.
Steven V

September 30, 2008
I enjoyed Undisputed for the first thirty minutes or so but after that I became lost. The character we never get to know, oddly, is the hero, played by Wesley Snipes. I can't help but feel that this film lost it in the editing room. Somehow this movie feels like half a movie. Like important parts have been chopped away. I just can't imagine writers Walter Hill and David Giler writing a script with such a non-dimensional lead character. While action film veteran Walter Hill has learned some stylish new tricks to filmmaking, they're not enough to save his latest effort. All in all, two incarcerated boxers go head to head, but it's the movie that gets K.O.'d.
Christopher B

January 17, 2008
Criminally (get it, it takes place at a prison) overlooked boxing film that is edge of your seat exciting from start to finish. I can't believe this didn't gain new life on video.
flbeachboy
September 29, 2010
This move was really good, Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes do an outstanding performance and work well off eachother.
onyxchris
November 2, 2009
Undisputed=underrated!!! I thought this was a very good movie, some of my friends never heard of it, so im gonna put yall on game and tell you to see it some time, aight? Speaking of which im going to buy it on DVD ( thanks Amazon. com, you money stealer!!) I dare say it rivals Rocky??.....
crappychinese
March 12, 2009
the plot was too simple, but fight scenes weren't bad, and the casting was good. But whatever you do, do NOT watch the sequel!!
July 13, 2008
A lean mean little B-movie that does exactly what it says it will on the label. Ving Rhames is a a heavyweight champion on the outside, but he's yet to face Wesley Snipes, an undefeated boxer within the penal system.

A great flick, though it does pussyfoot around a bit as far as getting the two into the ring, distracting us with various complications to keep the 'tension' high.

Recommended.
nativesunljt
May 12, 2008
Not one of Walter Hill's best films but a lot better than most films that deal with this kind of storyline. I liked it and the ending was believable.
LADEEKOKO
February 27, 2008
People on flixster don't know what the hell they talking about. This was a damn good movie. It was one of his best films yet!
August 9, 2007
A prison movie with some true power. The big three are more than capable of rolling with the punches.
elliottness3
July 24, 2007
This is a really good movie, one of Snipes and Rhames best. They are both convicts in jail together, both serving hard time.

Both were professional boxer's, one was the Heavyweight Champion of the World (Ving Rhames).

In the end a man wrongly convicted and imprisioned for murder (Wesley Snipes), defeats the Heavyweight Champion of the World (Ving Rhames) in a crowded prision full of boxing on-looker's, the mob and other vegas showboater's.

The Heavyweight Champion of the World (Ving Rhames), takes a beating from a man he had little to no respect for.

Great Fight Sceen's...............
samuraisoldier2
June 5, 2007
the two undisputed movies were awesome, great fighting, story line isnt the best, but great fighting non the less
chase82tx
March 31, 2007
Walter Hill Directed the classic known as The Warriors, I don't know why he can't make a decent movie these days, ok Broken Trail was good but that was made for tv.
precious4ever
December 17, 2006
good one really good one i think its serious but is not its hella funny at the same time boys bein lockd up and stuff they got some goood faces in there too.
November 5, 2013
when nothing is on TV one can watch it. its a complete timepass movie.
judebd
September 19, 2012
Least to say the script is so lame and so much predictive " nothing interesting. But Hill has his foot print left throughout the movie and he had managed to put it to the upper B class without a doubt.
October 25, 2012