Unknown Reviews

Robbanflix
January 17, 2007
Pretty okey movie which begins and feels like saw at first. 5 men are trapped in some building and they dont remember who they are and how they got there. They must found a way out.. Okey story and overall a nice flick.
February 28, 2012
Very unique movie, definitely worth a rent.
January 21, 2014
it was wonderfull and thrilling , i wanted to see every shot . i can't understand why some people are very picky not to like sucha thriller !
December 25, 2013
"Enjoyable thriller with superb performances, a decent plot and some thought-provoking ideas about identity and human nature underneath its twisty tale." Great cast. I was wondering how it could be like Memento and Saw, but it really works.
December 9, 2013
Excellent play..and making film..
November 20, 2013
One line summary: Five men with temporary memory loss guess their roles in a kidnapping.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean Jacket wakes up in a closed room where the one exit is locked by passcode. Other prisoners are present, and most seem worse for the wear. Jean Jacket pounds on the door and raises a holler or ten, but gets no attention. He takes a phone call, and takes notes, but seems not to know what it was about.

Broken Nose, Bound Man, Handcuffed Man, and Rancher Shirt wake up soon there after, and the four of them try to figure out who they are and why they are together.

Elsewhere, Eliza cooperates with law enforcement to get her husband back.

Snakeskin Boots intercepts the hostage money and eludes the police; he calls the trapped men and tells them he will meet with them before sundown. Bound Man finds a gun, but Jean Jacket takes it away from him. They discover instructions about the toxic gas stored in canister around the rooms. It can cause temporary memory loss in small doses. Broken Nose begins to remember a bit later; he was one of the abductees. He talks to Rancher Shirt, the other abductee. Rancher Shirt tries to get the gun from Jean Jacket, but fails.

Broken Nose frees Bound Man, and the anger rises and partial memories surface. Jean Jacket gives Handcuffed Man some water, but cannot get the handcuffs off.

The last two kidnappers are coming with the money. Two cops are tailing them with mixed success. Erin is in despair about losing her husband. The men in the room with memory loss are cooperating to find a way out before the kidnappers come.

How does this pan out? Be prepared for twists and turns as the memories surface.

-------Scores-------

Cinematography: 8/10 No problems.

Sound: 9/10 Well done.

Acting: 7/10 Jim Caviezel, Bridget Moynihan, Peter Stormare, and Joe Pantoliano were excellent. On the other hand, Greg Kinnear was unconvincing as usual; with every line he speaks, I look for an indication that it's a joke or a bluff. I only believe his insincerity. Jeremy Sisto disappoints as always.

Screenplay: 9/10 Kept me guessing to the end.
September 12, 2013
Wake up in a place when no one remember what happens before...
September 4, 2013
I zoned out after about 30 minutes, the plot failed to engage me in what goes on in the film, characters were dull, I wish I could have gotten the 85 minutes I spent on watching the film back.
April 3, 2012
Unknown is like Saw mixed with The Usual Suspects. It is entertaining fluff with little substance but an enjoyable premise and good acting. Nothing great but a movie that will have you wondering who is who even if you really aren't that invested.
½ July 14, 2013
It was okay, but no "Momento" or anything.
July 1, 2013
Nice thriller with good performances--Unknown and Unexpected!!
June 16, 2013
Great cast- I'll sit through just about anything Jim Caviezel is in, and Jeremy Sisto was an added bonus. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of the good things I can say about this movie. It's a stale plot I've seen at least five times before, and none of the characters are well-rounded enough that I became really invested in them. Despite the couple of good actors, this became background noise by about halfway through.
June 7, 2013
Great little thriller. Tons of cool stuff. A film that actually takes a high-concept premise and NAILS it.
½ May 28, 2013
The hook here, the catch (and a very good one it is) is that instead of the usual 1 guy with amnesia (how many films??? and who could count the number??? I used to wish I would get amnesia, but noooo. Neither have I ever met anyone who has either!) there's 5 guys with amnesia. And in a minute they figure out A) their memory is ever so slowly returning and that B) not everybody's in the room's a boy scout. There could be foul play in the immeadiate future ... just a lot of fun, a good script, nice ensemble performances, and the proverbial twist that zings right at the close.
½ August 1, 2012
While it may have an abrupt ending with one too many twists, Unknown is a suspenseful on edge thriller that keeps you confused and engaged.
½ April 28, 2013
Flawed at times, Unknown is a decent thriller thanks to the right cast that works together well. Although i'll admit that it was mediocre at times, I still found it to be entertaining to watch straight through.
April 27, 2013
I really like the concept of this movie and how no one know who anyone was. The whole victim or bad guy story was really cool and the ending revealed all which was much anticipated. I thought the events leading up to the ending were a little dry and it seemed like there were few parts in that middle that were either important or interesting. The movie was just short enough where you weren't bored during any of it which was a huge plus.
April 24, 2013
weird movie.. there is some potential story in it, but it hasnt been managed to be shown in good way...
August 30, 2008
"Reservoir Dogs meets Memento". Not quite as good as either, but still worth a watch.