Unstoppable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstoppable Reviews

½ April 29, 2016
Escaping from a train wreck was the best idea of a movie to make.
nothing is ever like a good action movie with stunning action and best performances, Thumbs Up to Denzel Washington and Chris Pine.

My Score Opinion: 78/100
January 3, 2015
It's a really good movie it's one of the best movies I've seen
December 20, 2010
There's a great suspense sense that this movie has. A good reason that many people didnt really want to see this movie is because they probably thought it was just a train and nothing else. But amazingly, the train had a great antagonist feel to it. I tdid feel like the ad guy and that it had a mind of its own. Chris Pine as Rosario Dawson put on a good performance but i felt that Denzel Washington may not have absorbed his character enough. I really didnt feel like he was actually playing his character enough. ALthough a few flaws here and ther, director Tony Scott puts on a good show that will keep audiences wathing
½ March 6, 2016
I would give this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's not like a stunningly perfect movie because those who like this movie would watch it once, and then compliment its chemistry throughout. However, I've watched this movie tons of times, and it does have its flaws. For example, during the lash-up scene, the transitions had the timing off on the television screens in the rail yard station. But, overall, this movie was a great farewell project for Scott before he died. Even though I haven't seen any of his other movies, I enjoyed this movie a lot. When it comes to destruction, Tony Scott knows when it's necessary to use it. Michael Bay, on the other hand, uses it unnecessarily. Cameras were a bit shaky, but that's what made it a great action movie. This is one of those few movies that I will watch over and over again and slowly examine the certain shots, and how Scott managed to execute the actions. If you want to see a movie that is nearly destructionless, and one death, this movie is the epitome of what I said.
October 12, 2013
It was a very good film about a runaway train
December 5, 2010
$9 possibly the best Denzel vehicle is a train on rails.
December 12, 2015
Brilliant cinematography & editing in this film! I enjoyed it immensely!
½ December 8, 2015
Very entertaining and thrilling. Light and pleasant.
November 28, 2015
Not much of a story - a moving train that's got no driver is the theme... Yet the performances, screenplay and editing do a wonderful job in getting our attention and concentration.
Good watch.
½ November 1, 2015
This disaster thriller has the mark of Tony Scott: great action scenes, but weak characters.
October 31, 2015
Unstoppable is the kind of film that never sounds like its going to be very exciting but after watching it you wonder why it took so long to watch it, its gripping and action packed from start to finish the plot is simple so it makes it easier to just enjoy the ride, chris pine and denzel washington worked very well with each other and wouldnt mind seeing them on screen together soon, probably tony scotts best movie before his passing and long may it be rememberd for that.
October 22, 2015
Just boring.....I mean...A train? And of course they throw in some cliche family issues.

Awful movie is the bottom line..
October 5, 2015
Simply and very entertaining.
October 3, 2015
Powerful, intense, and dramatic train rescue!
December 17, 2014
It's a fun movie, romanticized action with a load of theoretically impossible events. If you apply the combination of "Human error and bad luck" I guess you can get to certain catastrophes, although I assume the same money spent on helicopters and media and all sorts of coverage could have been spent on a mobile vehicle or device to reach that train. It did make working on the railroad look like a fun awesome job, but made me think how can such idiots be responsible for such delicate matters that might cause collateral damage?. I guess we all know a bunch of people who work in a highly responsible position despite their being inadequate, haha.
November 21, 2010
It's a smart movie, go see it
August 22, 2015
Great camera work and photogrpahy. Other than that, just an ordinary action-hazardous situation with a runaway train. Not much here.
July 27, 2015
Tony Scott doing what Tony Scott does, make awesome films. Based on a true story of a run away train in Pennsylvania, Denzel and Chris Pine take you on a heart pounding ride of saving a ton of people. Got a very nostalgic "Speed" vibe from it.
½ August 15, 2015
This was a very good movie. Much better than the 72% by the audience score. I love to take apart movies and there are of course scenes where vehicles and rescue are way to close to the potential disaster but even with that it was a on the edge of your seat movie. Well done Denzel!!