—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Unstoppable Reviews

August 23, 2011
Tony Scott has put his directing skills to a story of a runaway freight train, resulting a fast-paced, unmanned "Speed" with the same thrills and same somewhat level of idiocy surrounding the problem, starring Pine from "Star Trek" side-by-side with Washington. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
August 21, 2014
"A dazzling, exciting, and action-packed thrill ride of a blockbuster."
July 25, 2012
Unstoppable is suspenseful and entertaining. The whole idea of a runaway train is pretty interesting and having it based on a true story is even more interesting.
August 8, 2014
For the first 20 minutes, "Unstoppable" looks like a commercial advertisement for mobile phones. Everyone is constantly on it. The whole trail revolves around telecommunication. It sure wins the irritating title for the most obvious and longest product placement in film history.
The movie is quite straight forward: An unman train continues to accelerate and threatens to hit a populated town. Despite that, director Scott Ridley manages to craft a movie that keeps the adrenaline rising. Strangely, we are not concern if the characters get hurts or not. We just want the train to stop.
August 5, 2014
There's lots of fun here. It's all action with just enough backstory to understand the characters' motivations. Overall, it never goes off the rails.
May 10, 2014
Solid action blockbuster with engaging performances by Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. A train is on the run! What director Tony Scott does so well is keep suspense to a maximum throughout and you cannot help but stay engaged.
May 4, 2014
A solid movie that's a bit short on plot (especially in the non-train beginning), but the action and gripping story of catching the train makes this a worthy action thriller that's great entertainment.
July 18, 2014
"Unstoppable" is both ridiculous and a ridiculously good time.
May 1, 2014
One of my favorite movies I have seen, ever.
Charles D. Borg
July 14, 2014
Great action. Scott pulls out all the visual stops, as usual. Is it one you have to see in theaters? No. But that said - you're be on the edge of your seat the whole time.
SeahawkFan80
March 30, 2014
Great action flick. Had me holding my breath with suspense often. Stopped to watch it again and again when I've come across it on TV.
June 26, 2014
Tony Scott is dead and I am so fucking happy about it.
June 25, 2014
Unstoppable is one of those movies that you can just see over and over again. I remember when I first watched it in theatres that it created this amazing sensation, not unlike an adrenaline rush in the audience throughout the film. The acting is gritty and realistic and the visual scheme gives it an almost documentary-esque feel. However, the constant zooming in and out of the camera was unnecessary and could have been handled better. An action classic with the most unlikely villain imagineable
June 20, 2014
The fact that such a simple premise - and one so similar to the other Denzel train hijack movie by Tony Scott - is so tense and exciting indicates that the filmmakers are doing something right.
June 20, 2014
predictable but still enjoyable
Cle S.
June 10, 2014
A solid film, but nothing more. While you can't criticize the acting or the special effects, the story is artificially pumped up by unrealistic speed and unnecessary dramatics. It's entertaining, but its overall impression leaves me rather unsatisfied. Maybe the topic isn't worth a movie.
June 1, 2014
A success simplicity movie!
May 26, 2014
Chris Pine deserves more solid roles. Gripping.
May 23, 2014
If you enjoy a super tense movie, this is the one. I was stressed out watching it but in the best possible way. TOTALLY involved, never even took a bathroom break. Only drank one glass of wine I was so involved and if you know me, thats a heck of a compliment to a film....Highly recommended!
November 8, 2010
loved this movie. so amazing.