Until the End of the World (Bis ans Ende der Welt) Reviews

thefog1331
May 12, 2008
Normally I prefer a 'director's cut' of a film but this time I'll take the edited down version gladly. Four and a half hours is just too damn long for a road trip drama even if some of the ideas in it are akin to great films like Brainstorm. So 4 stars for the two and a half hour version and barely 3 for the 'test of endurance' version.
January 1, 2008
Fantasitcal, yet meaningful. A must see for any thoughtful movie-watcher. Ruminates on dreams, journeys, and of course, the end of the world. Fabulous soundtrack.
½ October 7, 2006
I liked this film. It is weird but interesting. The soundtrack rocks and I wouldn't mind hunting it down to listen to while painting. Hard to explain the storyline...it is just bizarre.
April 2, 2015
Uma garota esvoaçada se apaixona por um sujeito misterioso que trabalha para fazer funcionar uma máquina que permite cegos enxergarem. Várias tecnologias que se tornaram comuns foram exploradas nesse filme: smartphones, videoconferência, rastreadores baseados em cartão de crédito. Só ainda está faltando a interface cerebral.
½ December 4, 2014
A truly forgettable film. Wim, you've done way better than this....
½ July 6, 2014
Lots of great ideas and a fantastic use of music. Sadly, I was bored after the first hour and none of the ideas ever fully manifested into anything that warranted the 4 plus hour duration.
May 4, 2014
I love this Film. It captures everything I want from a story. I'm afraid if you don't like this, I can't be your friend!
January 14, 2013
A fine film! Rouler sa bosse!!
December 2, 2012
It could appear a little slow and pretentious at first. However the end is really a masterpiece, plus a fabulous soundtrack. What if could you watch your own dreams?
October 26, 2012
epically epic, all 270 minutes of it ... one of the better soundtracks from the early nineties (u2, nick seed, nena cherry and others )
August 14, 2012
Possibly the worst film in the history of the universe. When I watched it, I actually thought it was going to go ON "until the end of the world". Fortunately it stopped (eventually) before I had chance to claw my eyes out or expose myself to plutonium.

The only reason I watched the entire film was because it spends its ENTIRE span right on the cusp of something actually happening.

In short, this movie put me off Australian films for about 15 years; it should have some sort of government health warning on the cover.
August 5, 2012
A futuristic look at what is now the distant past, always loved it
½ October 24, 2011
More is less in this very disappointing sci-fi ramble. Wenders was seriously losing it by this stage and would have done better with a hand held camera and some black & white film stock (i.e like he used to)
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.