Up

Up

98%

One of the Worst Movies I Have Ever Seen

This is just shit. I cannot comprehend why anyone would enjoy a single aspect of this movie. It's ludicrous, unmemorable, manipulative, and corny. Halfway in, I wanted to slit my fucking wrists.
Diego Tutweiller
02-16-2013 06:28 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Dhruv Gaur

Dhruv Gaur

I disagree.

Jan 18 - 08:00 PM

The Movie King

Jacob Martin

One thing to say... what's wrong with you man? Well, it is your opinion.

Oct 6 - 12:17 PM

I AM NICHOLAS

My Cat (His Name is Ziggy)

So this guy is a troll...

Mar 22 - 07:16 PM

Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes

Kids, this is what a troll looks like ^^^

Oct 2 - 03:21 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Diego Hard With a Vengeance

Come on, man... this is an honest opinion. I seriously despise this movie. Is that so hard to believe?

Oct 4 - 08:08 PM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Up. But did I think it was a little overrated? Yes I did

Sep 8 - 05:48 AM

Angelo Cruz

Angelo Cruz

Hahaha Charles spent decades looking for that bird and Russel finds it in less than a day.

Aug 9 - 08:46 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Not to mention that the movie sucks.

Aug 26 - 08:50 PM

Chris Westergaard

Chris Westergaard

I'm just here to see all the hate comments.

Aug 2 - 08:19 AM

Diego Tutweiller

It's amazing how easily the people on here are trolled. I have fun.

Aug 5 - 02:39 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I never seen this movie, I'm just here to see all the hate you're getting XD

Jul 14 - 08:12 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Well, thanks for the input!

Jul 15 - 08:27 PM

Kyler Cantrell

Kyler Cantrell

Then by all means, slit away. It seems only 2% of the world will try to stop you.

Jul 9 - 08:20 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Well, I've thought for a long time that 98% of the world is retarded, so... I really don't value their input.

Jul 13 - 10:55 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

You elitist, self-superior moron! You are easily the most pretentious person I have ever met.

Sep 8 - 12:38 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Problem, butthurt fanboy?

Sep 15 - 11:49 AM

Worstmusic Oftheyear

Worstmusic Oftheyear

(facepalm)
I kind of feel sorry for you right now.

Jun 27 - 03:04 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I feel sorry for you. Liking this movie slowly gives you cancer.

Jun 29 - 08:25 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I don't like it, either.

Jun 25 - 12:19 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Very few people I have met thus far (outside of my friends and family) share that opinion.

Jun 27 - 02:14 AM

Borjan Babic

Borjan Babic

You are such a hateful little creature. I'm impressed.

Jun 19 - 04:05 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You are such a condescending little butt pirate, I'm not impressed.

Jun 24 - 06:02 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

I also agree with you, Diego. For me, it's not of the best.

Jun 16 - 03:00 PM

Diego Tutweiller

We should form a club.

Jun 17 - 08:49 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Pixar has done better/worst.

Aug 1 - 02:58 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I'm not sure which is worse, this or Cars.

Aug 5 - 02:38 AM

This comment has been removed.

Diego Tutweiller

This comment is very confusing.

Jul 15 - 08:27 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Nah, changed of mind.

Aug 1 - 02:52 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler

I thought it was one of Pixar's best, but I didn't think it was on the same level as Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1-3, The Incredibles, or A Bug's Life, but I thought it was better than Cars, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Cars 2, and a fuckload better than the overrated Brave.

Jun 7 - 06:04 PM

Diego Tutweiller

EVERYTHING is better than Cars. Actually, now that I think about it... Cars may be far worse than this... I'm not watching them again to decide on it, though.

Jun 9 - 02:16 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

True, something that is worst than Cars is the sequel. Cars 2.

Aug 13 - 04:09 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I never put myself through Cars 2.

Aug 26 - 08:49 PM

David Prince

David Prince

Fuck you moron

May 25 - 09:26 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Thank you for your well-rounded and comprehensive argument, good sir. I am quite impressed that you so clearly invoked Socrates' method of debate. I tip my proverbial hat to thee, my fine compatriot. However, your spectacular three-word sentence does not seem to change the fact that you are a failed abortion.

Jun 3 - 06:31 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

David, why do you even call him a moron? What a troll.

Aug 13 - 04:10 PM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

While I didn't "hate" this film, per se, I am not on the list of those who find it to be "One of Pixar's best." Several things confused/annoyed me about UP:

1) The Old man starts out weak, slow, and elderly (you know, like all old men. Very understandable.) But by the third act, he's jumping all over the place, doing death-defying moves, and fighting.
2) If Karl was a boy when his idol left to go to the jungle to search for Big Bird, wouldn't that old man be like.... 120 years old by now????
3) Lack of female characters, as mentioned in another thread.
4) Talking dogs. That one talking dog was cute and original. But a whole bunch of talking dogs? I was strongly reminded of Beverly Hills Chihuahuas.
5) Dogs flying airplanes. That is stretching believability. This is especially bad-timed because it was near the finale, when I was expecting something bigger and better...
6) Background animation. Being Pixar, it wasn't "bad" or sloppy. But several shots of rocks and foliage seemed.... rushed.

Apr 26 - 08:43 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah, why the hell do people call this the best Pixar film? It's going up against FINDING NEMO, for God's sake, not to mention Monsters Inc and The Incredibles. If you think this is better than those, you seriously need your head examined.

Jun 6 - 09:13 PM

Worstmusic Oftheyear

Worstmusic Oftheyear

#1. He was uplifted and his character was changed.
#2. Only real flaw in the movie IMO
#3. So what? You think that was intentional?
#4. I didn't mind this.
#5. Parts of the film are supposed to sound ridiculous in theory, but be executed well. This is one of them.
#6. Very minor complaint, but understandable.

Jun 27 - 03:08 PM

Diego Tutweiller

1) Okay, so fine, we're suspending all hope of realism here, I guess. I shouldn't be surprised, they had his house float away with FUCKING BALLOONS.
2) Yep.
3) It's annoying.
4) SO FUCKING ANNOYING I COULDN'T STAND IT. Not since fucking DOOGAL has cinema been so besmirched with a dog.
5) Yet another perfect example for why this movie is retarded.
6) Yep again.

Those weren't the only problems by a LONG SHOT, though. Here's my addition to the list:

7) Every line that fat fucking boy scout kid spoke was annoying as SHIT.
8) The sepia-toned flashbacks at the beginning. When a Pixar film does that, I automatically hate it. It's so fucking manipulative. Why, good fucking God, WHY DO THEY ALWAYS FEEL THE NEED TO TUG THE AUDIENCE'S HEARTSTRINGS? It's only good for one thing: finding out who in the audience is a sentimental asswipe.
9) The entire premise of him flying all the way to WHEREVER THE FUCK in a house with balloons. At least Toy Story or Monsters Inc created their own little worlds in which crazy shit is possible... this was supposed to take place in reality.
10) Critics judging it differently because it's a kid's movie. NEWS FLASH: It's still a movie. Use the same FUCKING CRITERIA.

Jul 1 - 08:35 AM

Alex Gusset

Alex Gusset

if you can watch up without shedding a tear, you should be locked up because you have no heart and you will commit murder in your life.

Apr 21 - 04:47 AM

Diego Tutweiller

I can watch ANY movie without shedding a tear. I don't succumb to manipulative films. Except The Wrath of Khan. I cry every time.

Apr 21 - 10:52 AM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

Yep. I didn't cry when Mufasa died. Only someone who is very sensitive should cry. But Titanic and Up and other movies have made me she's a tear. I wonder what happened when a person like that watches Titanic... an horror movie for them?

Aug 1 - 02:57 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I'm so fucking done with sepia-toned movies that try to make you cry over the stupidest shit. Yep, I'm looking at you, Toy Story 2.

Aug 1 - 06:37 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Well, you don't have a heart at all. You're a heartless, soulless nihilist who will probably grow up to kill some people. But Wrath of Khan is brilliant.

Sep 8 - 12:42 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I lost my soul in a poker game back in '09. But really, just because I hated this blatantly manipulative movie, I will grow up to kill some people? Wow. Sort out your priorities in life, dipshit.

Sep 15 - 11:50 AM

Paul Bulger

Paul Bulger

I don't see how anybody wouldn't enjoy a single aspect of this movie, so it seems as though your point is moot.

Mar 26 - 11:00 PM

Joe Mckeever

Joe Mckeever

Troll

Mar 21 - 05:06 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

He's no troll. Just because he hated a movie makes him one? I suggest you go to the Hobbit forum and see some real trolls.

Mar 21 - 10:16 PM

Justin H.

Justin Hovey

Jesus Christ man, it's a kid's movie for God's sake. If you didn't like it, that's fine. But don't waste your time and post a pretentious, snarky thread for a movie directed to the ages 6 and up. You're an adult.

Mar 18 - 05:01 PM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

When we hate something with passion (I don't hate much Up) sometimes we need to take it out. How? Sharing it. Maybe lots of people love Up, but compared to the world's population...

Aug 13 - 04:15 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Well...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Feb 25 - 07:40 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Perfect reference.

Feb 28 - 05:48 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile