Up Close & Personal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up Close & Personal Reviews

October 25, 2015
When the critics and the audience are so divided, it's better to trust the audience. Just because the movie is full of cliches, doesn't mean its poorly executed. Up Close & Personal is a low-key but graceful movie.
½ September 7, 2015
It hardly seems possible that movie stars as radiant as Robert Redford and Michelle Pffeifer could appear in a movie about as exciting as an infomercial, yet that's exactly what happened here.
August 10, 2015
I really liked up close and personal Robert redford and michelle pffeifer were great together way better than broadcast news
½ April 27, 2015
Time filler if bored.....really,really bored.
February 10, 2015
Most boring movie I've ever seen. No kidding.
½ May 10, 2014
It started off as a cute workplace dramady but it soon got too sappy. Michelle Pfieffer is always great and Redford does a fine job too. The ending was one of those "you're got to be kidding me" endings at how sappy it was. The real winner from this movie is the song the was written for the movie "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion
October 1, 2013
A little long. The ending was very sad.
½ February 19, 2013
Boring. Not that good.
January 2, 2013
I absolutely love love love this movie, it's such an awesome romantic love story....
January 2, 2013
good chem betwewen the leads in this engaging rom-dram.
December 24, 2012
touching journey to become a great reporter..
½ July 24, 2011
If you disregard this being based on true story (apparently a loose interpretation) it is a lovely, entertaining story, despite being formulaic. It is a movie you can watch again and again, even though I cry every time I watch it. As well as being a frothy romance, it is also a hopeful rags to riches "Pygmalion" story. Robert Redford has got the looks and talent, that's for sure.
½ November 12, 2012
This is a pretty typical mid-90s romantic drama. The only really undeniably good thing about it is how handsome Robert Redford is. The story is a little contrived. I didn't quite feel the emotions I should have. It always seemed to be a little lacking. I am glad I watched though but do ponder why it was so popular.
October 8, 2012
Because you loved me.....
½ October 6, 2012
Was a very touching movie with one of the saddest scenes I have ever watched. I don't know why I never heard of this while it was in theaters!
½ September 26, 2012
Cute, Light and funny romance film that star's Betty Whites biggest Crush: Robert Redford... we can all understand why she fawns over the 6 foot tall golden locks and charming persona of the man also nicknamed: Redford the hottie!
August 8, 2012
i cryed like a baby....
June 20, 2012
great acting, based on a true story. celine dion song on soundrack
April 30, 2012
Don't know what is worst about this film. The hair or the soundtrack.
April 9, 2012
This is one of my favorite movies.