63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Upside Down Reviews

Mike N.
September 10, 2014
a cool idea and story but as a whole it just kinda fails in my opinion...
September 7, 2014
The above and below worlds was maybe a good idea ...but not for a Romeo and Julia kinda story...
August 31, 2014
Muita licenca poetica, aceite ou nao assista.
sarismovie
August 28, 2014
Bisa dibilang ini penggambaran kasta (status sosial) yang parah banget sampe beda gravitasi segala antara yang 'atas' sama 'bawah' X) a very unique story line and at the end of story Kirsten Dunst pregnant with her planet below boyfriend that makes her able to meeting him against gravity. ^^
August 27, 2014
WOW....don't know where to start. It's just BAD!! ALL BAD!!! Script was horrible, acting was so mediocre, but it seriously was like a translation out of google or something where everything comes out totally wrong. The Plot was horrible, the story itself was horrible. The timing was horrible, the chemistry between the 2 was kinda flat. It just didn't have a good FLOW. Very disappointed.
August 25, 2014
loved it, really out of the box
August 13, 2014
It's like they wrote 1/5 of the movie, then just decided they were done & filmed that, adding long stretches of scenery to make it last 90 minutes. It's not lacking in action, it's lacking in movie. All media, be it opera or sculpture or cartoons is all a form of storytelling, and this isn't even a short story; It's an outline.
August 8, 2014
For a Love story, this movie is cool and visually gorgeous.
August 6, 2014
uma grande promessa. resultado final meio sem sal.
August 5, 2014
??????? ???? ????????? ??????
July 30, 2014
Incohérent mais mignon
July 21, 2014
so much potential with the idea of double gravity, however wasted on yet another love flick :/ shame
July 17, 2014
Yeah the reviews pretty much nail it, amazing creative visuals while everything else is bad. Some sloppy heavy handed commentary. Mabye in the hands of a good director there is enough good stuff here to make a good or great movie.
July 8, 2014
Cute romantic/sci fi movie, especially if you like Kirsten Dunst and/or Jim Sturgess. Fun concept and movie plot.
July 8, 2014
I guess if you can suspend (pun intended) your disbelief to astronomical levels, then this could be an adequate love story. But there's so much not right - the physics of the gravity & two worlds, how does it work? Don't they spin on separate axes? And while it may seem 'cool', filing people upside down from the other half of the room is annoying to watch. But the biggest flaw is probably the actual story - why are they in love? What do they have in common? Pretty weak back story. Some of it looks pretty, but it all looks - and is - too fake.
Angelo Dean
July 5, 2014
I'm giving it a 3.
Because of its original and very unique visual effects as well as the cast (all good). But it lacks something and falls short somehow. I didn't quite understood how it ended. Confused.

3 Stars!
June 25, 2014
Olihan tämä 3D:nä ihan näyttävä elokuva, mutta fysiikan lakeja oli mahdoton unohtaa elokuvaa katsoessa. Jos juot vastakkaista painovoimaa noudattavaa juomaa, luulis tulevan paha olo. Ja miks vastakkaista painovoimaa noudattava materia lämpenee vasta omassa painovoimakentässään. Kun oot vastakkaisella puolella ja "roikut" pää alaspäin, niin eikö siinäkin luulis kohta tulevan tukala olo. No myönnetään: en kuulu elokuvan kohderyhmään.
June 18, 2014
Most of the stuff available for Netflix streaming aren't very good, but this was an acceptation. I'm surprised this one got past me. I don't remember it in the theaters. It must've been a limited release. It kind of reminds me of Elysium. Two worlds, the one on top has it good, the one down below is cruddy. Two star crossed lovers from each side come together against all odds, like a futuristic Romeo and Juliet. The most interesting part of the movie is the rules of gravity. If you come from below you are pulled to that side and if you were born above you are pulled to that side. There is a company called Tri-corp that both side go to work, so you see people walking right-side up and upside down or visa versa or what-ever. It's really weird and cool how they do it. Even objects from each side are pulled to the side of their origin. The visuals are pretty cool. At one point, Jim Sturgess has weights weighing him down to the top side and when he takes them off he flies up into the air and lands in the ocean on the other side. It's a really neat looking effect. Kirsten Dunst plays his true love from the other side, whom he meet as a child on a mountain top where they could see each other upside down from each other. It's hard to describe. You really need to see it just to see what I mean. There's a scene in a restaurant where some of the couples are dancing on the floor and some are dancing on the ceiling. That would be so funky to live in a word like that. The love story between the two is beautiful and heart warming. It's such an honest innocent love. Jim Sturgess is just great. I just love him and he does a great American accent, which doesn't surprise me.
June 2, 2014
Ever since Adam and Eden fell in love as teens, their bond has faced astronomical odds. The pair are separated not just by social class and a political system bent on keeping them apart, but also by a freak planetary condition: they live on twinned worlds with gravities that pull in opposite directions - he on the poverty-stricken planet below, she on the wealthy, exploitative world above. Their budding but illicit romance screeches to a tragic halt when interplanetary-border patrol agents catch them and Eden suffers an apparently fatal fall. But when, ten years later, Adam learns she is alive and working at a vast corporation whose towering headquarters connects their planets, he sets out on a dangerous quest to infiltrate the company and the upper world to reconnect with her.
May 30, 2014
Visually stunning but thematically empty, Upside Down boasts a high concept that'll surely intrigue, but it fails to truly develop it's unique world and left me scratching my head. I like Jim Sturgess and he always picks interesting roles, but he should never be allowed to do voice-over again, grating and pretentious. I wanted to like this so badly because it's presentation is beautiful, but within minutes you're wondering how any of this can possibly work (even in the realm of fantasy) and the film never had the answers to begin with. The paramount flaw is the love-story is a dull Romeo + Juliet knock-off and the chemistry just wasn't there. I can't stress enough how well they did technically creating this world, but the script and characters are hackneyed at best and honestly, put you to sleep.