Urgh! A Music War Reviews

September 6, 2010
A great concert movie, it's got a lot of fantastic bands, and if you love new wave music, you'll love it.
October 29, 2008
Captures performances from some great and under appreciated 80s bands, including Gang of Four, The Cramps, XTC, Dead Kennedys, Oingo Boingo, The Police, Wall of Voodoo, Echo & The Bunnymen and Devo.
May 12, 2009
Absolutely one of the best concert films to date, this melange of popular, unknown, one-hit wonder and intriguingly eclectic bands is a must-see for any fan of 80's music. Even the few "bad" bands are worth watching, if only for curiosity's sake. Too bad this hasn't been officially re-released on DVD or Blu-Ray (for assorted legal reasons) - it would be awesome to see everything including the bunch of clips that's didn't make it into the theatrical release.
October 25, 2008
Fantastic concert excerpts from great bands at the time, if you love 80s new wave bands, check this out for sure.
August 22, 2008
I saw this waaay back in the 80's and have been looking for a copy ever since. A great mix of genres all playing live from different venues, with early 80's bands like The Police, XTC, Dead Kennedys, The GoGos, Oingo Boingo, Devo, Echo & The Bunnymen, and OMD. It's a good way to revisit a time when so many new music forms were in their infancy.
½ May 29, 2012
A time capsule of alternative music in the UK and US circa 1980 -- surprisingly more hits than misses (although there are certainly some painful moments from acts I never heard of, and I didn't really need two tracks from the Police). Being slightly too young to be tuned in at the time (I don't think I would have gone for Pere Ubu or Gang of Four at age 12) a lot of this still conjures up memories for that period of exploration just afterward (and for sweaty live shows). A really crazy mix with highlights from The Cramps, Devo, Dead Kennedys, Echo & the Bunnymen, Gary Numan, XTC, Au Pairs and the aforementioned Pere Ubu and Gang of Four). Worth a look, even if the fantasy list of acts that could have been included could drive you mad.