U.S. Marshals - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

U.S. Marshals Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
July 6, 2011
I've never seen the Fugitive so I really can't compare. For what it is, U.S Marshals is an average popcorn action thriller with a decent cast of actors. The plot is good enough to keep you interested and there's enough action to please the diehard action fan. There's a few things that are imperfect with the film, but for what it is, it's a good action film. Like I mentioned, I've never seen the Fugitive, but I really did like this film. This is a decent action film to watch. Tommy Lee Jones give a great performance, and this is one of the few films that Wesley Snipes has made that is quite good. U.S Marshals though watching it now looks dated. But it still somehow holds up. I've seen better films of this caliber, but for what it's worth, U.S Marshals is a well made popcorn film for an audience that wants mindless, thrilling entertainment. The film has it's downsides, but it still manages to be a good enough action film to please action buffs. I've seen better films with Tommy Lee Jones, and he does deliver here, but it's on of his weaker performances. U.S Marshals is a watchable film, but it's not the best in the action genre. Luckily what keeps the film afloat is the impressive names attached to the film.
½ January 16, 2011
Tommy Lee Jones is the only reason to see this sequel to The Fugitive, and the strength of his character is probably the only reason it was made.
May 23, 2010
Nowhere near the level of the first, but really fun and a good movie on its own. Instead of following John Kimble and making a ridiculous and unprecedented sequel, it went with Tommy Lee Jones and his team. That move works all to well and has a great addition with Robert Downey Jr. However, what really sells the sequel is Wesley Snipes, who plays such a different character than Harrison Ford. He knows how to pound people in, but also be the good guy.
TomBowler
½ August 1, 2009
really good film. not as good as the fugitive, but a great action thriller
August 3, 2006
You really need to separate this film from any comparison to The Fugitive to give it a fair chance. What it is, is a very easy watching Action film which flows nicely despite it?s fair share of cheesy Action moments.
skactopus
December 7, 2008
At this time, Stuart Baird has quite a record when it comes to editing, but when it comes to directing, other than Executive Decision, his resume isn't that impressive. Luckily he doesn't drop the ball with this one.The character known as Chief Marshal Samuel Gerard from The Fugitive returns in this follow up known as U.S. Marshals. Many consider this a sequel, but it truly is stand alone from The Fugitive. The only connection is Samuel Gerard and his deputy marshal team. Wesley Snipes replaces Harrison Ford as the fugitive and Robert Downey Jr. joins the marshal team. You are now set to watch U.S. Marshals.The plot seems simple, but there is some depth to it to carry it out past the 2 hour mark. There are also a few twists and turns to spice up this flick and it is just great to watch Gerard figure things out with his confident attitude and commendable dialogue. The action sequences come in moderate amounts and they are all nicely done, especially the graveyard scene.Wesley Snipes is a little disappointing, but everyone else is on there game. Tommy Lee Jones matches well as Samuel Gerard and Robert Downey Jr. is a nice addition to the cast. Irčne Jacob is the leading lady and she is just lovely to look at it. She can act too.U.S. Marshals is not an explosive action picture, but rather a mystery thriller with sequences of action. If you enjoyed The Fugitive, then this is worth checking out and vice-versa.
September 21, 2008
Okay, so "U.S.Marshalls" is basically just a remake of "The Fugitive". As such, it received lukewarm to cool reviews when it was in the theaters, unjustifiedly so, I think. Although the plot line is a ripoff of the earlier movie, this one does well in keeping us in suspense as to the story behind the central character, and the action is exciting and well-paced. Tommy Lee Jones of course "makes" the film, accompanied by the same cast of deputies as in the earlier movie. There are even "toppers" for the bus crash/train wreck and famous swan dive from the earlier movie. This is a very good escapist action flick.
FiLmCrAzY
½ October 8, 2007
watched it the other day i thought it was very very good worth a watch interesting action packeed
puffchunk
October 18, 2007
Bor-ing. I hate tommy lee jones, and I hate useless action movies.
September 29, 2007
This is a sequel to "The Fugitive". Tommy Lee Jones' role hasn't changed at all, but the fugitive in this movie is Wesley Snipes. I didn't find this film as interesting as its predecesor.
thmtsang
July 14, 2007
Great cast, good plot.
July 1, 2007
I've seen it so many times by now, I'd say it's easily rewatchable....Back in the hey-day of Tommy Lee Jones
½ June 22, 2007
for the longest time, i thought i had seen the fugitive and not this movie. so every time somebody mentioned the fugitive, i'd be like, yeah, the chasing movie with the black guy, and people would give me weird looks. i have recently realized the movie i was referring to was THIS one, and i actually have never seen the fugitive. and since i never seen it, i cannot make comparisons, which probably leads me to rate us marshals higher than it deserves.
½ April 29, 2007
A sort of follow on to the fugitive. If you liked that and Enemy of the state you will enjoy this.
jjnxn
April 3, 2007
Tommy Lee Jones is always worth watching but the film is just ordinary
garyX
½ March 7, 2007
Reasonable enough "sequel" to The Fugitive that's really just a run of the mill Hollywood thriller, carried squarely on the shoulders of Tommy Lee Jones. Wesley Snipes does not have Harrison Ford's depth of character, but he's a likeable enough action hero.
January 31, 2007
A sequel to the Fugitive. Really wants to be the Fugitive.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 23, 2007
great flick, full of adventure
½ May 30, 2006
I guess you could say it was a good idea. Bringing back Jones' fast talking character from the Fugitive, and giving him his own movie, but this time the plot is not as interesting, even with Joe Pants cracking wise in the background. Some decent action, but not very well done overall.
deano
½ November 16, 2006
Wesley Snipes does great as the next fugitive.