90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Valentine Road Reviews

Erin C

November 18, 2013
I went into this movie knowing nothing about this case. Upon seeing it, I am saddened and disgusted. The outcome of the trial made me extremely angry. I couldn't believe how flippant the jurors and Brandon's lawyers were about his actions. How dare they say that 21 years in jail is too long for someone "so young"...he murdered someone! However, I do believe this film could be a good educational tool in classrooms to teach tolerance and bring awareness.
June 28, 2014
Intolerance is an ugly thing, it's only magnified here. Great movie about how jacked up people are and those that defend the ill, disgraceful, I hope Brandon dies of aids.
April 20, 2014
The tragic tale of Larry King. An openly LGBT teenager who was gunned down by a classmate after Larry had asked him to be his valentine. This HBO documentary explores how this all came about and how the system and their peers seemed to fail both boys.
The tone is more sombre than angry although the defence of Brandon (the perpetrator) is rather blood boiling.
January 7, 2014
Um pouco sem foco no primeiro ato, esse documentário vai se estruturando melhor a partir da metade, e realmente mostra a que veio quando apresenta, entre outros momentos revoltantes, a conversa pós-julgamento entre membros de um juri, que se mostram pessoas com um senso de justiça absolutamente distorcido e preconceituoso. Nessa hora eu fiquei realmente incrédulo e quase arremecei na TV o copo que eu tinha na mão, de tanta raiva que aquelas pessoas me deixaram. E o mais incrível é que a documentarista Marta Cunningham consegue esse efeito apenas deixando os entrevistados falarem por si, sem fazer nenhum comentário à parte, evitando direcionar o discurso do filme para um lado ou outro.
January 5, 2014
Heartbreaking and maddening this doc chronicles the murder, aftermath and history of gay student Larry king in Oxnard by a classmate
November 10, 2013
'A boy has been killed, and a number of lives have been ruined.'
Shane B.
October 18, 2013
A very powerful movie! Most documentary films you can see the side they are on but with this one they let you decide, this movie will make you feel one way or the other and it will move you no doubt about it. Such a sad movie and it should be watched by many especially parents! I can't say enough good things about it, it will make you flat out hate some of the people in the movie it did for me and my gf when we watched it the other night, one of the best if not the best documentary i have ever seen
October 13, 2013
"Valentine Road" is a tale of two victims: one, a misunderstood but outspoken boy snuffed out by the hatred of a classmate, and the other the classmate behind the trigger, mistreated by those who should have known better and by his own violent tendencies. "Valentine" does not judge who is the bigger victim or which side you should take, but what it does is make you pick a side by the end of its ninety minute duration. It's ultimately a lesson on the failures of law enforcement, caregivers and the educational system, and it will haunt you whenever you stand face to face with a child.