Vampire

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Vampire Reviews

NeuroMan42
December 15, 2013
First off this is NOT a typical vampire movie, but a strangely hypnotic film regardless. It is a beautifully shot Canadian film, created by a Japanese director and American and Canadian cast. It is also based on some true events in Japan. It is more of an uncomfortable commentary on human blood-thirst and a controversial look at suicidal obsession and isolation from depression.
April 20, 2013
I waited for this movie for quite some time and was thankfully very pleased with it. When it said in the description that it was like no other vampire film, that really caught my attention. Once I started to watch it, I knew just how accurate the description was and that this was most definitely the movie for me. Simon was this perfect broken character. You almost wanted to root for him even though you know that his blood letting of these young women is more murder than it is assisted suicide. The use of the suicide chatrooms/message boards to find his "dream girl" was the most interesting part to me because you have yet to see someone (a killer of any sort) hunting for victims online and see it done so well. I have never wanted to slap Rachel Leigh Cook so much in my life. How she invades his life, its almost frightening. I think she was more the vampire than he was. The ending was rather interesting to me and really was a bit wow as well, so perfect. The mark of a good movie to me is not only if I want to watch it again but also if I want to go out and purchase the film. "Vampire" is most definitely one of those that I would love to add to my collection.
April 26, 2013
Shunji Iwai was clearly trying to do something different with his take on the vampire and serial killer genres, but the movie really doesn't work, coming off more like a pretentious bore than anything scary or sinister.
June 15, 2013
This VAMPIRE thing is a total bore. A meaningless indie about suicide, blood freaks. Dialogues are obnoxiously luckluster.
June 22, 2011