• Unrated,

Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season Reviews

jim222001us
jim222001us

August 7, 2010
Vampire Diaries may be another mushy CW teen drama, but it's at least engaging and very violent. It's about a normal High School girl Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) that drawers the attention of two vampire brothers Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) and Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder). Elena looks a lot like the vampire woman that they once loved. Stefan gets with her, which leads Damon to be jealous, but he's still protective of Elena.

Damon is both good and bad, you never know when he'll kill an innocent or help them, he's unpredictable which is why I like the show. Damon always makes things more interesting and Ian may not be the best actor around, but he's probably at least the best actor on the show. Damon is at least the best character that's making it to season 2.

Some fans complain that the more likable characters in the show die, when the annoying ones live on. I won't mention names, but a certain vampire girl that I loved was killed off, so I kind of agree that the show kills off some of the better characters. Damn, she was mad cute too and she wasn't whiny or annoying like some of the other girl characters can be.

I rolled my eyes the first time I saw a commercial for Vampire Diaries, I was expecting a Twilight rip-off. Hell I was thinking True Blood was one too. But it turns out that the Vampire Diaries and True Blood books have been around longer. So, sorry Twilight fans, Twilight didn't invent vampire and human couples. I'm sorry but Let the Right One In (or the American version Let Me In) book has also been around longer than Twilight as well. Hell, Buffy the Vampire Slayer did it long before Twilight too. My point is that...Twilight isn't as original as you think. I know that doesn't have much to do with my review, but I wanted to get that off my chest lol.
Johnlindsey289
July 20, 2010
Excellent series that is a more serious Twilght and up there with True Blood, Supernatural, Moonlight and other cool vampire shows of recent memory. I even liked how they made fun of Twilight in a good way and show us cool characters.
October 15, 2012
this show is incredibly predictable, bland, and stagnant.