Vamps

June 9, 2014
Awful. Just plain awful.
No Name
June 3, 2014
+1 for Vizzini. Rest was shit.
June 1, 2014
Not horrible, it's actually pretty good considering. Not expecting the Val Helsing angle.
April 24, 2014
Like Clueless, it's a charming little chick flick with a big heart. Smartly written although shoddily executed unfortunately. Still, it's a nice in-bed-with-my-laptop-and-chips kinda movie.
March 10, 2014
It's not a profound movie, but it has some charming campy humor, as well as a a hilarious performance from Sigourney Weaver, who plays against type as an erratic, lusty vampire.
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

February 28, 2014
In "Vamps," Goody(Alicia Silverstone) and Stacy(Krysten Ritter) are roommates in New York City. They are also vampires. While they are at the beck and call of their stem, Ciccerus(Sigourney Weaver), they otherwise work nights as janitors. In her spare time, Stacy catches up on her studies where she makes the acquaintance of Joey Van Helsing(Dan Stevens).

Even if "Vamps" had a consistent tone to call its own, it would still probably be something of a frustrating near miss, considering how long it takes to get to its idea of a plot. In short, it is what happens when vampires get too cute. But just as much, the movie goes with gross out humor to illustrate the eating habits of vampires before turning silly and even a little touching. And then it has some neat cinematic and historical references and can be relevant when discussing the rapid change of technology which you do not have to be a two hundred year old vampire to be intimidated by. Most impressive of all is how "Vamps" was about five minutes ahead of the curve when warning about the dangers of government surveillance.

As random as all of that sounds, that is nothing compared to the casting because nothing sounds like a romantic interest like Richard Lewis. Otherwise, "Vamps" violates the first rule of buddy movies with Alicia Silverstone and Krysten Ritter both operating on the same frequency. Dan Stevens is in the right movie but the wrong role while a de-fanged Malcolm McDowell is cute as a de-fanged Dracula. But all of that does not matter when the wonderful Wallace Shawn is on the screen, as he waits patiently for his very own action franchise.
January 28, 2014
Kinda cutesy fun, but ultimately nothing I see myself revisiting again and again, even if the leads are cute and some of the dialog is clever.

Worth a rental, but I don't think it'll be your new favorite thing.
December 29, 2013
Not the best but it can work well with children above 15.
November 17, 2013
Lighthearted vampire movie
muffin0681
November 15, 2013
Goody (Alicia Silverstone) and Stacy (Krysten Ritter) are addicted to the night life, clubbing, hooking up and always looking for the next thrill, all the while keeping a big a secret-they happen to be modern-day vampires. But even with lifetimes of dating experience behind them, the duo realizes they still have a lot to learn about love when Stacy unexpectedly falls for the son of a vampire hunter, and ...Goody runs into the man of her dreams from decades earlier. With their destinies at stake, the girls are faced with a difficult choice; give up their eternal youth for a chance at love, or continue to live their uncomplicated fabulously single lives forever.

also stars Dan Stevens, Wallace Shawn, Justin Kirk, Richard Lewis, Kristen Johnson, Malcolm McDowell and Sigourney Weaver.

directed by Amy Heckerling.
November 4, 2013
Krysten Ritter and watching this in Peru subtitled in Spanish were both plusses.
October 12, 2013
a vampire movie that isn't old themed and not a cheesy teen "love triangle" vampire movie either
starlett2005
September 15, 2013
Vamps is a disappointed film. It is about two female vampires in modern-day New York City who are faced with daunting romantic possibilities. Alicia Silverstone and Krysten Ritter give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Amy Heckerling did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
August 26, 2013
Girly, naive & absurd.
August 9, 2013
A light and inoffensive vampire rom-com.
August 8, 2013
very strange comedy,looks like trashy 80's flick,which I think its supposed too.worth a watch
August 4, 2013
I went into this expecting Clueless with fangs, and that's exactly what I got, and so much more. This film is funny, touching and schmoopy. Alicia plays the role to a T, as I knew she would, but really, where does she get the nerve to still look THAT gorgeous?? I was a little surprised by the ending, I wasn't expecting such a light film to end so tragically, but it didn't take away from it at all. Clueless was, and still is, one of my very favorite guilty pleasures, and this one will take it's spot right next to it. A very solid 9/10.
July 29, 2013
Yes the directing is awful but truth is this is simply fun. Alicia silverstone and kristen Ritter makes a good team. Silly but lively. The whole cast is impressively notorious too. Worth watching for the laughs and and the witty comments about the changing of the eras..
June 3, 2013
Mala....pero toco terminarla de ver!