96% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

VeggieTales: It's a Meaningful Life Reviews

Dannielle A

March 15, 2012
Of all the Veggie Tales movies, this was probably my least favorite. Could it be because I'm older now or because Big Idea Productions is getting lazy and sloppy? I'm not sure. Silly Songs with Larry was replaced by Bedtime Lullabies with Jr. It was super cute and probably my favorite part of the movie. This movie borrowed heavily from classic Christmas movies and there was one scene that made me teary-eyed involving an adopted daughter.
November 11, 2011
While a movie about vegetables is limited in its potential to become a cinematic masterpiece, "It's a Meaningful Life" provides a good message while entertaining fans of "It's a Wonderful Life" with its many parallels to the original and clever ways of getting around content that children would not understand (like a toy train factory instead of a building and loan). I typically don't view VeggieTales as I typically view movies (intently analyzing the character development and acting) since these are just fun videos to watch with my nieces and nephews; however, when I noticed this particular one and it's parallel to the traditional Christmas film, I decided that I should watch it. It's 1 1/2-star rating is not a reflection of its entertainment value, but for the simple reason that I cannot rate computer-animated vegetables on the same level as a film starring Morgan Freeman or Meryl Streep. Besides, they didn't have any Silly Songs with Larry.
March 20, 2011
My son loves this movie! He was initially drawn to it because there is a train in it, and he does particularly enjoy that part, but he also really likes the music. I find it entertaining as well. It is not one of the kids movies that I try to ignore while my son watches it. Also, I liked the new song from Stephen Curtis Chapman that is during the credits enough to download it.
November 12, 2010
this is a great veggietales movie check it out