64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Venus And Serena Reviews

May 11, 2013
An engaging look into the professional rise and challenges faced by Tennis prodigies Venus and Serena Williams. The doc starts up at a critical juncture for the sisters as they face serious medical conditions that happen at a point in their careers where other players go into retirement from the clay and start to diversivy into other fields. Also touching on their impact to the black community and shaking up the sport for women as well, Venus and Serena is a cool sports doc that has a lot to offer especially for those to aspire to greatness from the unlikliest of place.
May 30, 2013
It was alright. Not the best doc I've seen. Doesn't really get down to who they really are as people and athletes.
December 2, 2013
I enjoyed the fieriness of these ladies. Explains their utter domination of the sport.
November 2, 2013
Mostly surface documentary about the Williams sisters. Some mildly interesting behind the scenes stuff, and I love Oracene more than ever, but overall, not as in-depth or as interesting as it ought to be.
September 14, 2013
Finally watched this today on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Loved it. Not exactly an expose, but what a celebration of two incredible athletes. The sisters-besties parts were fantastic.
May 21, 2013
One of the best sports documentaries I have seen in the past few years. The story behind Venus and Serena is so unbelievable that it translates into an amazing film!
July 12, 2013
It's hardly any kind of documenting masterpiece, but as a fan of the Williams sisters and as a tennis fan, I thought this was both informative and entertaining. I was rarely ever bored, and the documentary kept up a great pace, switching between their initial training and the challenges they have been facing recently. I wish there had been more footage and time dedicated to their teenage years, but regardless, it's still a balanced and highly entertaining documentary that any tennis player should watch.
Hamee
July 12, 2013
I have interest in watching this movie.
July 10, 2013
Venus and Serena is a thorough documentary on the two Williams sisters who have changed the face, image and sport of tennis forever (plus some). The first-time directing duo, Maiken Baird and Michelle Major, wisely decide against focusing their film on just one sole facet of the divinely talented sisters' lives or careers on the court(s) -- be that (1) the sheer number of un-matched wins throughout their careers; (2) their visionary and unorthodox father-slash-coach, Richard Williams, who had decided one day long ago that his two daughters were going to play tennis (unbeknownst to the girls); or (3) the girls' rise to the unlikely ranks of world champions in a predominately country club sport that was rather unwelcoming to two young African American girls from Compton. The viewer is reminded of many of the two sisters' accomplishments ranging from early wins at clubs or school events to their high profile victories at prestigious international ones such as Wimbledon, the summer Olympic Games (from 2000 to 2012!), and the British and the Australian Opens. The documentary was partially filmed during the 2011 tennis season which was a year neither athlete was at the top of her game as they are both aging -- for the most part, the grueling sport of tennis is a younger person's game although the sisters are still feared by nearly everybody facing them on the opposite side of a net -- and both had possible career-threatening health problems. But as all have learned who have faced off against one of the Williams sisters, they should NEVER be counted out. The sisters are remarkable athletes and their accomplishments are awe-inspiring and many ... which in turn makes a simply ordinary documentary -- which is perfectly fine, though -- seem slightly inadequate.
July 7, 2013
Life of two athletes of whose biggest obstacle and biggest triumph was each other.
July 6, 2013
Review:
This is a great documentary about the Williams sisters who have taken the tennis world by storm. The director done a good job, giving you an insight into the past and present life of the sisters and there family. You get to see many different aspects of there life's which has been an up and downhill struggle. You don't have to be into tennis to enjoy the movie because there is something for everyone and you can't help feeling emotional about there journey. Enjoyable!

Round-Up:
I don't know why this movie wasn't released early last year because the people who made the film, had followed the Williams from 2011 to early 2012. Anyway, as a black man, I can't help thinking how much the sisters must have inspired other black athletes around the world. It's a true rags to riches story which will definitely make you look at the Williams sisters in a different way.

I recommend this movie to people who have followed the Williams terrific career and domination of the tennis world. 3/5
July 3, 2013
The race card makes this doc critic proof regardless of quality. Anyone daring to say something negative will be immediately called a racist, so what's the point on reviewing it?
July 2, 2013
"Venus and Serena" is a well-produced documentary with the vintage footage we would expect.
When you have folks like President Clinton, Anna Wintour and John McEnroe commenting throughout, not to mention personal, uncensored commentaries from the sisters themselves, this will be a film which will garner a great deal of play.
There is a good deal of self-promotion, but you can't take away the stellar careers of these aging sisters Sports injuries have taken their toll, but the footage of their drive to encourage the next generation of Black athletes can do nothing but impress.
A tad too commercial for our taste, but still a fine film for those who arer interested in the Williams sisters in particular, in tennis and sports in general.
June 20, 2013
Fantastic doc. Go see it!
June 3, 2013
Could be the worst movie ever made.
May 25, 2013
who doesn't want to watch two GREATS
KJ H.
May 12, 2013
The best part of this film is a interview w/Serena on the amount of children Richard Williams has. The rest is conventional but still entertaining and interesting. A little more insight on the sisters and their challenges.
May 11, 2013
the most immersive piece of cinema in the last decade,a truly moving experience. A must see for cinephiles, sportsters, and black twins everywhere.
dan e.
May 10, 2013
he grow so tired of masturbating, that he decided to try anal fisting.
So large was his fist, so intense was the struggle.
The shit that he shat was so glorious, that it flew across the emptiness, and so strong was his passion, that most of his shit was set aflame.
After one huge push, his stomach was empty
ajs1974
April 7, 2013
This was one of the best sports documentaries I've ever seen. Anyone who is a fan of tennis MUST watch this, regardless of whether you're a fan of the Williams sisters. The old footage and the behind-the-scenes footage were fascinating.