Vibes Reviews

November 10, 2014
Just good harmless fun.
August 1, 2013
I love this film. It's a great fun flick! Yes it's campy, but that is part of it's appeal!
July 4, 2013
great great movie .... can you get it on flixster already !!!!
May 9, 2013
I never knew Cyndi was in other films. This one in particular reminded of Madonna in Who's That Girl the telepathic version. I thought this movie was fun, but not really my cup of tea.
March 29, 2012
My favorite Goldblum movie.
½ February 24, 2013
I remember liking this movie when I was a kid, but I can't say whether that was because...
A. Cyndi Lauper was my idol
B. Jeff Goldblum!
C. I had bad taste as a child.
D. All of the above.
February 15, 2013
This was a cool movie, I really enjoyed it. The characters are quirky and fun, the story is exciting and romantic, it's just fun.
February 2, 2013
I hadn't thought it possible, but back in the day I was rather taken (aka obsessed) with Jeff Goldblum, and my bff and I went out of our way to try and watch as many of his movies that we could get our teenage hands on. I had to wait until I was an adult to finally see The Big Chill...and now I have a new (as in never seen) movie with a hunky young Goldblum. Nice! :)
January 31, 2013
Almost forget this existed! One would think a Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper team up would bring gold but it sucks.
July 23, 2012
OMG. I forgot about this movie. I haven't seen it since I was a child. Very good film. It's imbedded in my brain.
July 20, 2012
A fun movie with a LOT of fun lines, and a great cast. Also the start of Cyndi Lauper's acting career, which has shown surprising range.
February 1, 2012
Just a fun movie all around. I never expected a pairing between Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper, but they're really funny together.
January 21, 2012
This movie is 80's comic humor at its best! Equal to Transylvania 6500 and the Burbs. You just have to appreciate it for the time period. If you look too deep into the movie then you have already missed the point. Even though it failed in the box is a gem from the 80's
½ November 13, 2011
Oh dear, this is silly. But fun to watch on a lazy Saturday afternoon with friends and way too much chocolate. ;)
August 27, 2011
I can't believe I watched this...
½ June 5, 2011
I can remember watching this years ago and thinking it sucks. Still pretty much does, only thing of interest is Cyndi Lauper and her 80's outfits and hair. Her character is kind of good as well - I liked the psychic angle, but Cyndi pretty much plays her quirky self.
Plot is lame action adventure with a bit of romance. Not really recommendable unless you like Cyndi, or like 80's movies, and even then...
November 12, 2010
I always loved watching this movie ?
½ October 16, 2010
fluff like cottoncandy, of interest only to fans of the actors. falk steals every scene he's in, goldblum breathes through his nose a lot as if he's about to say something important and lauper (the main reason for this) has a little fun. mandel and ganz, the writers, have moments of good comic misdirection, too.
September 13, 2010
I absolutely love Cyndi Lauper in this role. The character had to be created with her in mind. Jeff Goldblum plays the same character he always does, but it's a fantastic complement to Cyndi Lauper's character. I love the hokey plot and out-there characters of this movie. It's totally worth watching.
September 3, 2010
Well that's a fine-how-de-do from the critics and the Motion Picture Rating Assoc. 1 or 1 1/2 *'s. I liked this movie not only because of all the great actors but because it was entertaining and hilarious! Good action, a great psychic theme driven adventure! The comedic Spiritual exploration culminates in a believable gift of tongues climax. How many good, mainstream movies have scenes of Tongues in them? I recommend this movie.