Vicky Cristina Barcelona Reviews

½ July 2, 2015
A light, funny film that shows contrasts between two different personality types. Definitely relatable to real life.
January 8, 2014
Final diagnosis: Overdose secondary to Woody Allen wit.
June 17, 2015
I'm usually not a fan of overly passionate love stories, but there's something very enchanting about "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." It's not Woody Allen's best film, but it's definitely one of his most elegant.
January 7, 2009
Lots of drama and craziness this movie was! I think it was set out to be a comedy but I didn't laugh at all and was not satisfied with the ending. What they needed was a better script. But the reason why I am giving this movie 3 stars is because the locations looked beatiful, the clothes and hair looked good, the acting from everyone was good, and finally a one mister Javier Bardem can only make this movie work even more! Ah carumba!
May 7, 2015
Some kind of a research on the topic of human relationships, desires and longings within sexual life.
½ April 27, 2015
A story of two friends who each have their own story to tell got a chance to explore Spain and meets unexpected self-discovery and truths in life while on adventure. This comedy and travel movie will surely delight you with its twist and turns. Barcelona was beautifully depicted in this movie that you would want to visit it after watching this movie. This is a highly recommended travel movie for travel-lover. While the story has genres of romance, it was injected with comedy and life lessons. If I summarize this movie, it's about going someplace to discover yourself and finding your own path in life. Javier Bardem was good in this movie but Penelope Cruz's portrayal of crazy Maria Elena was so remarkable that she garnered a 2008 Oscar Best Supporting Actress for this movie. Scarlett Johansson could have a notable character but her portrayal wasn't memorable, whereas Rebecca Hall as is more notable than her in this movie based on performance. It's my first time to watch a Woody Allen directed film and I say this film has a surprising plot and he gave it a good artistic touch.
April 10, 2015
Who knew Woody Allen could make such a sexy movie?!
August 25, 2012
In Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Woody Allen combines his usual witty script with realistic characters and put them into a tragedy. The visuals are beautiful and the story is oddly fascinating, it's not one of my favorite Woody Allen films, but it's still a captivating comedy about people and love. Wonderful performances throughout.
November 26, 2014
Hysterical, Tragic, Affectionate and Witty- everything we would expect from a Woody Allen twist on a rom com, which features a stirring performance from Penelope Cruz.
½ February 27, 2015
Fun and breezy with a mega hot ScarJo and great scenery.
February 24, 2015
Artistic. Javier is a strong character, and Penelope is very fiery. Penelope brought the most character to this movie, while Javier supported and captivated quite well. The other 2 girls were complementary, but nothing more. An interesting love story.
February 23, 2015
once again Woody explores the themes of 'Magic vs. Logic' but this time it's within the feminine psyche.
There's an internal debate about love and whether it's better to have of comfortable relationships versus lusty indulgences. Vicky and Cristina represent both sides of the coin. Cristina is immediately interested in Juan Antonio, but Vicky is a harder sell. Once she spends enough time with him however, she becomes enraptured. While both women have interest in the same man, Allen surprisingly never turns them against each other. Here they are always thoughtful and supportive as they explore their sexuality.
While the debate and the characters are the same, this is a much subtler Woody Allen movie. There's more of an elegance to the portrayal of the artist, adultery, and immaturity. All of it feels less forced thanks to of all the beauty & charm Spain beholds. It has the same narrator that annoyed me in "You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger" but here it works. All of the actors are wonderful, but the underrated standout is Rebecca Hall who shows such great resilience, and unbridled passion. The part of Juan Antonio was written exclusively for Bardem, so he's a natural fit. Cruz is brilliant as erratic, violent muse. She won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her performance, but the cast as a whole is superb within this stylishly modern romance.
January 28, 2015
My second favorite Woodu allen movie (Match Point being #1) this is a very well written and well acted romantic comedy starring Barcelona in all its glory
½ January 27, 2015
Oh this film was so much fun. Now one of my all time favourites. Cristina character was very reflective of our times and generation. Maria Elena was a riot - again one of my favourite characters in film.
January 20, 2015
Ligera , una postal de Barcelona asi es Vicky Cristina , una obra menor de Allen , pero disfrutable a pesar de ciertos tòpicos.
½ July 22, 2014
Cinematography & Editing - 9
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 8.5
How much I enjoyed it personally - 7.5
½ January 15, 2015
How about 4.5, just because I kind of disagree Vicky's falling for Jose Antonio? I know that what makes the story, but just that I wouldn't fall in love for g**d**n Javier Bardem when I am engaged to Chris Messina. :) However, why I can't give less stars, because everything else about this movie is perfect. The show maker is Penelope Cruz. Nobody else could have done it better.
January 10, 2015
The casting is amazing.
Robbanflix
January 3, 2009
A Woody Allen movie and there is that special feeling like his other movies. Its a drama / romance movie with Javier Bardem ( No country for old men ) , Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz in the roles. This is not quite my fav genre but time to time i watch them. Its a well made movie with a decent story mostly about love and relationship. A bit slow but interesting to follow.
½ December 16, 2014