The Victim Reviews

October 12, 2012
not really interest in horror movie actually
January 6, 2012
At first I felt like this film was very foreign to me as the things that were going on just didn't make any sense. Add that it wasn't very scary due to the main character knowing and kinda being ok with ghosts being around.
Then the story takes a twist and things get a little scarier. Then another twist... and another twist and soon this film is so mixed up that I'm not even sure the filmmakers knew what was going on. In the end, it becomes a pretty straight forward ghost story but by this point, it's too late.
December 24, 2010
The Victim started off real good & creepy but after the middle, It was just boring from there.I was really disappointed in this 1 because it started off so good that I had real high hopes for it then........
½ April 14, 2010
This movie was about a girl who reinacts crimes very well. My human wanted to watch this because it was "Thai" or some asian persuasion. I liked the cinematography. I don't know what that is, but I liked it. It was hella boring with good violent scenes put in between. I thought I knew what was going on though. The main girl sees ghosts a lot. It WAS creepy. I didn't like the scary parts but my human did. The actress girl kinda becomes another girl who was real pretty but dead. My human loved the creepy Thai dance scene with the ghost. I thought it was ok. There were a lot of cool bloody scenes. I think Asians have less murder because they are scared of ghosts. I know I am after watching this movie. I don't want to ruin the movie because it has a very big twist. Things aren't really like I thought they were. There was some girl on girl insinuations. This movie tricks you because it totally changes half way through. This movie had some of the best subtitles EVER! Heres some samples:

"I never been fainted before"
"She got an epilepsy."
"I don't think you had an epilepsy."

This whole movie was a mind screw. The cool pretty ghost OWNS this movie. I think the people who made this movie FOR REAL believe in ghosts. The moral of this movie is to be nice to ghosts and they wont hurt you but if you insult them, they WILL make blood come out of you real bad. I loved the cultural ending. I give this 3 and a half stars for entertaining me, I didn't feel stupid cuz I kinda knew what was going on. Pretty scary Asian flick! No checklist cuz it only had violence. I usually dont like these kind of movies with no boobies, but this one was ok.
January 28, 2010
not really interest in horror movie actually
alanjayh
November 23, 2009
First half hour or so gets 4 stars...the character Ting is played wonderfully and the film makes sense..there is a turning point however where the director got bored or had no clue where to take the story, so in effect the movie is turned upside down on its head and makes little sense as Ting the character disappears and voila! May appears with a new storyline...disappointing to say the least..2 stars after the first 30 minutes..overall a 3...movie showed lot of promise if it could have stayed on track.
September 25, 2009
Uniquely interesting at that with a touch of reality.

Director Monthon Arayangkoon (The House) tells a tale within a tale starring Pitchanart Sakakorn playing a multitude a characters
...hmm...wonder if she got paid extra for that - lot of work.

Synopsis: Ting (Sakakorn) is a hardworking actress whom involves herself in reenactment occupation for prior murders. With popularity on the rise for the young performer, she takes on a job that begins a ghostly disturbance coming from the other side.

It's very different from the typical Asian horror, but can be downright confusing you just about lose all thought on what is going on. The answers are all there, all you have to do is watch the film a second time that may or may not be a little more enjoyable.

The murder stories in this film are from real cases and filmed in its actual locations where they originally happened. However, with all this paranormal CG or no CG, and supposedly some real ghostly scenes caught on camera towards the end, it wasn't enough to be a part of the scariest films list. Too many ghostly scenes without much of them really getting under your skin, but affective enough to keep your scare level rising until it finally hits you.
June 11, 2009
yes its fresh. It has several scary moments (photos at the ending seems real, thats quite a scare), especially its said that it based on true events. quite entertaining, has interesting plot&twists thats really captivating. Not a typical asian horror flick.
May 11, 2009
not that kinda scary I wanna see !
April 18, 2009
the scariest movie ive ever seen in my life
January 23, 2009
Thai films have slowly been increasing in popularity, mainly thanks to Tony Jaa's influential and unprecedented martial arts style. From the opening scene, The Victim promises to be the next Shutter, but just as quickly collapses into an incomprehensible, unscary, and downright annoying piece of forgettable cinema. Its art-house ambitions grow more unattainable by the minute thanks to its poor production values, camera angles that don't even film the action properly, and jarring edits. There's no need to even talk about the story, because it's filled with so many blatant plot holes that if the filmmakers couldn't bother to find ways to fix them, what's the point of talking about them.
½ June 22, 2008
Pretty good stuff. Definitely one of the better Thai horror movies. It`s a tiny bit annoying in the sense that some scenes ended being a dream in a dream in a dream and then of course the bits where it was a movie within the movie. Overall quite chilling even without the cheap jumps and shrill noises.

I feel it would have been a five star movie if they had focused on the one situation instead of branching out into three other subplots just for the sake of adding more ghostly hauntings.
May 31, 2008
The first 40 minutes is so-so, then takes a much scarier turn. Watch the dvd documentary. The "ghostly" images shown at the end are real.