Vs

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Vs Reviews

Anthony L

April 8, 2014
All praise I've heard for All Superheros Must Die has come from the 'I wanted to like it' camp. I watched the Toronto Q&A screening of the film, the presenter introduces the film as an example of the greatness that can be achieved with a low budget only for Director and lead Actor, Jason Trost, to prove him wrong by admitting that he got the money first and then just made it up as he went along. The premise is good but is one that can be seen in any number of average comics made in the last 30 years. I think that was my problem with it, if you want to tell a great story but don't have the money to do it justice then you should write a comic. If people like it they will pay and you can then make it into a movie. Ok, so it's never that simple but All Superheros Must Die is abysmal. James Remar is good despite is horrible script and some of the camera work is nice but on the whole the acting is awful, the script is worse and the production is so riddled with mistakes that I really can't be bothered to list them all. As a college project it's not bad but as a grown up movie it's pretty bad. Evil Dead had a lower budget, lack of money is no excuse.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

January 23, 2013
This was one of those films that had so much potential of being the next great low budget horror flick of the year. Considering the premise, it would have been a sure success. Alas, it was not to be, and All Superheroes Must Die is one of the most dreadful schlock fests I've seen this year. The film is plagued with a poor cast (aside from James Remar who is the ONLY good thing about the film), poor directing and lazy script. The film feels rushed and in turn, it suffers majorly. What could have been a great film is a horrible entry in the horror genre. I would describe the film as Kickass meets Saw. Now with that being said, you might think that it would a cool little flick to watch. Unfortunately that couldn't be further from the truth. The game is poorly executed and every trap is basically explosives, it's very impressive and ends up being boring. There was one game that I liked, and even that one was pretty bland. The film looks cheap, feels cheap and it doesn't feel like there was any effort put into it. I love low-budget horror, some of the better films of the genre are shot with a shoestring budget, but most filmmakers are passionate about their work, and try to create something that sets them apart from other directors in the genre. Director Jason Trost who also blessed us with a lame performance as one of the superheroes direction is sloppy and he clearly was last in his class in film school. If the project would have had the influence of someone more talented such as Don Coscarelli, Adam Green or Ti West, then maybe this film would have succeeded. As a whole, the film is good idea s sunk by a sloppily written script. All Superheroes Must Die fails to entertain, and James Remar as the villain Rickshaw is good here, but sadly he can't redeem the sheer awfulness of this film. A big disappointment.
Todd S

November 2, 2013
This film has one of the most original plots I've seen in a long time, however this film was panned by critics. After seeing All Superheroes Must Die, I really can't understand why it has one of the lowest IMDB ratings I've ever seen. It's nowhere near as good as it could have been, but it's certainly not as bad as most critics are making it out to be. Four superheroes wake up in an abandon town with their powers gone. Near them are TV sets, which explain that they have been captured by their arch-enemy, Rickshaw, and will be forced to play a game, in order to save the towns residence. The story is extremely original, but what I liked most about it was that the characters weren't over the top. The "superheroes" are actually normal twenty-somethings, who got powers from an object that fell from the sky. They are drinking, swearing, seemingly normal people, who were put into this impossible situation by a madman. Rickshaw is played by veteran character actor, James Remar, who was terrific. Parts of the film are slow and when things do slow down, Rickshaw, as clever as he is funny, is there to move things along. Jason Trost is the lead superhero, Charge, and he did a lot more than star in this thing, he wrote, produced, and directed it, which is a hard thing to do, especially for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience. The one knock I have against this film is that due to their small budget and independent status, much of the action scenes were very short. The challenges were clever, but by the time you understood what was going to happen, it was over. The film itself is very short, which doesn't allow them to go deeply into anything and that's what I think most people disliked about the film. It's not that this was a bad movie, it's that it really could have been a whole lot more.
January 31, 2013
AKA 'All Superheroes must die.' I liked this one. It just kind of started. There is a ton of back story that was completely skipped. It leaves you want to know what happened.

A crazy 'super-villain' captures 4 masked heroes and makes them fight until all of them die. None of the 'challenges' or fights was all that inventive, but it still worked. This movie was surprisingly good for what it was.
February 1, 2013
Trost takes us back to the FP and doesn't disappoint! Vs or All Super Heros Must Die is a ballsy move by Trost taking on such a huge idea and making it work with what looks like a fraction of the budget he used to shoot his last indie epic. Vs plays out like a dark action thriller but there is a lot of humor here, mostly delivered via one liners from the main character(Trost), it could have used a bit more of the comedy power that made the FP so amazing but there is enough here to keep me quoting scenes for days. I think fans of FP and people who appreciate dedicated underground filmmakers will thoroughly enjoy this movie. Can't wait to see more from this guy!
October 10, 2013
VS [later called All Superheroes Must Die] is better then a lot of stuff that comes out of Hollywood today. While they're more concerned with how much money and explosions they can shove into 3 hours, we have independent minds working with a few thousands of dollars making film greats such as this.
It's a smart, realistic take on the super hero genre the likes of which haven't been seen before. Jason Trost KNOWS what he's doing and I believe he'll be around for many years to come.
Just remember, this isn't your little brothers typical "action figure from wal-mart" movie.
September 23, 2013
Liked the idea, needed a bit more...everything. A studio should purchase the rights and give it a second chance at life.
April 17, 2013
This is the worst movie I have ever seen.
March 22, 2013
This was the most dumbest low Made, back alley cheap YouTube pretty much amateur movie ever. Wated $1.49 and 1 hr of my life since I watch half of it. Bunch of gay foreign movie cast director want to bes.
March 4, 2013
4 of the dumbest super heroes are challenged by an even dumber villain in a battle to the death. Some romance, some personal conflict, and a lot of stupidity. Acting not so bad, dialogue ok, action so so, camera work nice, but he story is weak at best . seems as if it was written by a high school student. For a low budget flick it looks amazing kudos to the cinematographer.
DEEP CULTURE
February 19, 2013
when a superhero is captured and stripped of his powers, he has already lost. no sense.
childlish, not innovative, poor cast, very poor costumes.
February 10, 2013
OMG terrrible film (All Superheroes Must Die) lame
January 22, 2013
Vs does a lot with a very modest budget. The acting is decent and the characters are interesting. The story has lots of holes in it and a lot of unanswered questions, but the movie does a good job of distracting you if you allow it to draw you in. I'd be really curious to see what Jason Trost could do with this concept with a decent budget.
January 18, 2013
Pretty awful...not even ironically interesting in any way
January 5, 2013
This is an incredibly well done indie flick. The amount of time put into this production stands out to create a rather dark film with an amazing villain. I look forward to owning this on blu-ray.
January 4, 2013
Too many flaws to list. Instead, I will just say this... If you see it, you will be left wondering, "How did this POSSIBLY get a theatrical release"?