Vuk (Vuk: The Little Fox) Reviews

April 3, 2012
I am still trying to figure what this movie was all about....it was to childish for adults and yet the subject matter (revenge, hunting, ect.) couldn't have been meant for kids? Watching a fox devour a bird after a hunter shoots it isn't what I call a child cartoon. The hunters killing rabbits, dears, and foxes isn't what I would want my kids watching either and then the fox vowing revenge and getting it isn't the greatest of message either. Just don't know what to make of this odd Hungarian cartoon.
October 23, 2009
This movie is simply amazing. The animation isn't much, but the story is so well thought out and the makers weren't afraid to be mature in parts. It all just adds up to a great movie experience and children should be given the chance to watch it. I cannot do this film justice in words. Adults can watch this movie without children and they would be just as satisfied.About the maturity, it has blood, urinating from canines, and death with open eyes. But it just makes the film stand out from the stereotypical childrens film.Don't let the crappy edited American release (the little fox) fool you. It's not just for kids like it says on the box.
½ February 27, 2015
A beautiful classic tale of the Hungarian writer, István Fekete.
October 9, 2013
Vuk tells a tale about a Fox who grows up an orphan and has to become clever to survive. Unfortunately it bears a striking resemblance to Fox and the Hound, which came out the same year and is inferior to it in almost every way.