Walk, Don't Run Reviews

½ December 1, 2014
½ July 16, 2014
Back to 1964 to find 60s Tokyo.
November 21, 2011
Samantha Eggar is very beautiful in this, but the the movie itself is pretty dull.
½ June 10, 2013
This was the last screen performance of legendary actor Cary Grant and for once he is not the one getting the girl. This time he is the matchmaker in this adaption of the earlier classic The More the Merrier. Grant's character finds himself in Tokyo during the 1964 Olympics and the only room he can get is from a young English girl. This causes some difficulty but they make it work. It gets even more complicated after Grant meets a young American architect who is competing in a mysterious event in the Games. Sir William Rutland secretly puts the two young people together. It seems doomed from the beginning but through a wacky conclusion somehow it all works out in the end. Not a great film, but a decent swan song for Grant and it is certainly fun to have the film set in Tokyo.
April 23, 2008
Grant's last film ... and therein the reason to go there. And he's competent enough, given a few scenes wherein the old magic can shine, and by george, he's still got it. But the overall work, eh, not so much, a light and obvious love match-up interestingly set against the 1964 Toyko Olympic Games, with Grant as the matchmaker.
½ July 16, 2012
With the Olympics around the corner, I thought this movie was worthy of a mention. It's worth it if for not only the repeated teases before the sport that 'Steve Davis' is in Tokyo to participate in. Also, notable for being Cary Grant's last feature film.
½ January 9, 2012
First half of it was funny and brill, unfortunately it didn't keep it up until the end... Imho.
September 18, 2011
Carey Grant goes out on a high note in his final film. All the great dialog that you come to expect from the romcoms of yesterdays comes off very much a passing of the torch
½ June 23, 2011
This is a cute Cary Grant film. But not one of my favorites
December 31, 2010
yeah, it's ok. Cary Grant is awesome.
December 28, 2010
I went into this one expecting Cary Grant as more of the male lead instead of the older matchmaker figure, but overall the performances are charming enough to make this passable.

Has a lot of clever moments and interactions and a fun surprise reveal near the end as we finally learn what sport one of our leads is actually involved in, after it's been teased out for the duration of the film.

Well worth a look, give ti a rental.
September 5, 2010
Grant's last movie! It's a remake of an older movie, which I liked better, actually, but this movie has a good cast and it's funny, so I liked it anyway.
½ August 7, 2010
It was just too much. Cary Grant does a nice job as usual but the characters are all blah and Samantha Eggar is just annoying. It was a lot of strung together silly moments without any real story.
½ July 13, 2010
Walk, Don't Run is a delightfully charming romantic comedy about the 1964 Summer Olympics. Steve Davis is quite a chivalrous character. The police chief is played by George Takei (Mr. Sulu). :)
MeetMeinMontauk
May 18, 2010
Holy Cary Grant in his boxers! Loved that. Freaking priceless and it may have been his last film, but damn, he went out in style. Grant is easily and obviously the best part of this film and he is pure brilliance. Can't say quite as much for the story, but it was still a cute little romantic comedy and I'll give plot and setting a + for originality.
May 12, 2010
Can't compare to the original version from 1943 "The More the Merrier". Forced comedy, occasionally amusing. Without Cary Grant it would have been a dud. Tim Hutton just doesn't have what it takes in this film. Samantha Eggar is a bland choice. Uninspiring fluff.
November 11, 2006
This is the last movie that Cary Grant starred in. I kind of wish it could have been a much better picture. But Cary Grant still delivers a great performance. His character needs a place to stay in Japan during the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. He ends up at a apartment with a young women played by Samantha Egger. Then they get another man who is in the Olympics staying with them as well. This leads to many funny scenes and dialogue. This movie was filmed in Japan during the Tokyo Olympics. The story is solid. Grant, Hutton and Eggar are all great in their roles. Especially Cary Grant. Grant has his comedy style down and always makes me laugh. He made this a much better movie. There is also a romance story between Hutton and Eggar characters. Not a great finish to Cary Grant career but not a bad one either. A must see for any fan of Cary Grant.
½ June 18, 2008
Very cute. Never would happen but still cute.
½ September 3, 2009
my 2nd fav classic <3
June 26, 2007
Cary Grant's last film. It's kind of cutesy but worth seeing if you are a Grant fan.