Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Reviews

July 18, 2015
I've never seen so many sinks destroyed in my life.
January 19, 2008
This movie was funny at some parts, but most of it was hit-and-miss moments. John C. Reilly gave a good performance. Funniest moment of the movie was the song "Let's Duet." Overall, an ok comedy, but can't help but be a little bit dissappointed in the result.
½ April 28, 2015
With some inspired running gags (Cox's repeated appropriation of musical stylings from other races is both relatively ingenious and true to life), committed performances, and a soundtrack filled with bafflingly accurate parodies of various genres, "Walk Hard" is a solidly entertaining satire of the musical biopic.
April 7, 2015
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a great movie that I'm glad to see that parody movies can still be funny with the right crew. John C. Reilly, Jenna Fischer, Kirsten Wiig, and Raymond J. Barry are really good, and really funny. Jake Kasdan and Judd Apatow wrote a lot of jokes that are surprisingly funny consider that it's a parody, although there were some that were a bit of a misfire here and there. The music is really catchy, which I'm glad to see that they come up with their own song instead of making fun of the songs, and I'm not a fan of Country songs either which is rare. John C. Reilly does a terrific job singing the songs as he never was that much of a singer. What I'm really glad is that the plot doesn't go to tons of different movies that is not relevant to the main story, it still kept being a parody of Walk The Line which recent parody films kept doing these days and never do it in a funny way or also in a way that makes fun of them. The cameos are hilarious, and are actually relevant to the movie, even if it was for a few minutes. There's some scenes that needed to improve, but I'm just surprised about how funny Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is and it's sad to see that recent parody films are never going to be like this, except for They Come Together.
March 24, 2015
an affable attempt to mimic the most absurd aspects of the genre while making original riffs on the music, the film's style could have better reflected each era and the jokes, while clever, are more precise than funny, reilly is well-suited for the role
½ February 22, 2015
Walk hard is a dark dry comedy that satirises the lives of bands, music and rock and roll through the ages. And for a film so Americanised, I bloody loved it. The film has hg watchability and almost gets better every time you watch it. The melodrama created to ephasise the importance or mockery of music nd rock stars in a scene. The screenplay is very episodic but since its depicted as an autobiography, it works really. The jokes are actually very intelligent for what it is and the whole satirical and ironic nature of the film draws you in. But, at the very heart, is John C. Reilly, who brings an unusual amount of depth, despair and sheer humourous delight. He's fantastic in this role, perhaps his greatest yet. Jenna Fischer and Kristin Wiig are also very good too, as well as Jonah Hill as Dewey's dead brother. The film isn't sheer comedy gold and nor is it a particularly purposeful acomplishment. But the whole atmosphere makes for a wryly funny film experience
February 4, 2015
You'll either love it or hate it or like it a little bit or like it a lot or something. Personally I loved it, great music, stupid but very very funny, recomend watching it with a bottle of wine or two.
March 10, 2009
wow, what happened here?
January 12, 2015
wow, what happened here?
January 6, 2015
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a silly but brilliant tribute to the rocka-hillbilly life of a nobody turning nobody.
January 1, 2015
Comedy gold. Love the Jewish managers, the homage to Dylan, Brian Wilson, Johnny Cash and The Beatles in India. The drug taking scenes are priceless as is the soundtrack. Reilly is really up there with the best of them.
December 3, 2014
I'm not sure how I got slayed so hard the first time I saw this, which had me slumped out of the theater chair laughing. It's a great comedy and parody, plus the music rules.
½ October 9, 2010
I watched this movie at the age of 13 so naturally I was allured. Looking back it was laughable, and still is laughable.
October 5, 2014
A top ten for all-time comedies. Reilly is amazingly talented. The original songs perfectly fit every genre portrayed. The cast was deep, and all very good. Honestly, don't understand how anyone can think Walk Hard is not completely hilarious.
½ October 4, 2014
Stupid, but the funny kind of stupid
June 27, 2012
A fun parody of the life of a rockstar and his progression throughout the decades into a sellout and back. Tons of comedic moments along the way that poke fun at the life of aspiring rock musicians.
September 23, 2014
One of the top 5 comedies of our time
½ January 14, 2008
Funny in the dumbest way. If you are looking for one of those shut-your-brain-off comedies, you will enjoy the ride.
May 22, 2009
It's good. It's not great, but it is good.
January 7, 2008
This looks so stupid,yet funny.