Walt: The Man Behind the Myth Reviews

May 4, 2012
(First and only viewing - 5/4/2012)
TheDudeLebowski65
November 16, 2013
Walt Disney is one of the most iconic names in the history of cinema. Walt: The Man behind the Myth is a well crafted documentary about Walt Disney, the most famous animator and founder of Walt Disney Studios. Of course I don't to elaborate what work he has done because let's face it, we all know his legacy. This film tells his story and his start to fame from his earliest attempts in animation to his first feature Snow White to the creation of Disney Land. The film features terrific interviews with people who knew Walt and worked on his films. This is a must watch for anyone interested in the real story of Walt Disney. This film covers plenty of ground and is pretty in depth in telling everything that Walt Disney has done. I really enjoyed the film, and felt it was a well made feature that chronicles one of the greatest pioneers in film. The documentary is a fine piece of work that should be seen by anyone that wants to know more about Disney's legacy. This is a well crafted documentary, and one that is among the finest that I've seen. Fans of Disney's work will most likely be delighted by this picture and it is a film that is engaging as we see how the films were made, how they came to be and how Walt Disney would venture in many other aspects of film and ultimately create Disney Land, which unfortunately he would never witness its grand opening. In terms of a documentary, this is a near perfect film that is a necessary viewing for audiences that are very much interested in this truly unique and legendary story of one of the most legendary figures in cinematic history.
April 1, 2013
Very informative, but it keeps showing how he meant business as opposed to all optimism and happiness. It also explains his true genius, he could tell a story unlike anyone else. A visionary in every sense of the word.
March 5, 2013
This is a really great documentary on Walt Disney... it starts from the day he was born all the way to the day of his death, and everything in between. It's two hours of documentary and interviews from his family to the people he worked with, as well as employed. I loved it :)
September 7, 2012
The amazing story of Uncle Walt and his life. This is most definitely a documentary worth viewing and potentially owning. Despite Disney stating "It was all started by a mouse", this documentary shows that despite the Walt Disney empire starting with the creation of Mickey, it was Walt who dreamed the dream and made his dream a reality and shared it with the world. "It was all started by Walt"
½ May 4, 2012
A touching look at Uncle Walt's life and his accomplishments.
November 24, 2010
a very interesting biography
May 4, 2012
walt disney is my all time hero
June 5, 2010
a very interesting documentary,worth the watch
½ May 4, 2012
A great documentary piece about Walt Disney.
A Great Documentary on the Great Legend
May 4, 2012
This might be interesting but I doubt it.
½ May 4, 2012
Felt somewhat onesided, but still nice to watch.
December 19, 2008