Wampler's Ascent Reviews

October 26, 2013
Even when I saw the trailer to this movie I knew it was the substance of what life is about. After I finally got to see it, it was that and more. The struggle we can all relate to in some fashion Stephen shows all the way to set goals and with the love for life and the rewards of living it fully we can achieve all we set out minds to. A 5 star movie. A movie filmed so beautifully to see the wonders of the earth and of being human. Some days so strong and others just spent and very little progress. The joys and the discouragement and exhaustion. Things beyond your human control. But as powerful as anything in this film is the love and support of people. Especially the climbers and so much his beautiful family. The intense love of his kids and his wife. His deep love and attachment to them. The worries and helplessness of only being able to pray and love and shout encouragement. And again the indescribable glory and joy of reunion and accomplishment! A great film for ALL to see! It will make you a better person.
½ October 22, 2013
A father of two beautiful children and a wife who is admired. Stephen is remarkably determined to overcome any challenge. We appreciate all that he does for the Wampler Foundation. Camp Wamp. Stephen is a friend and a hero. A Two Thumbs Up - must see movie.
October 21, 2013
A uplifting, must see family friendly documentary! This story will have you at the edge of your seat with inspiration and admiration for Stephen Wampler. The film showcases his great achievement of tackling the famous El Captain mountain in Yosemite. Picture quality is fantastic and will have you feeling as though you are right next to Stephen climbing yourself.