War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave Reviews

½ September 27, 2011
Straight to DVD flick which to be honest pretty much looks like it and can't really boast anything worth while in the visual effects stakes. Following from the original film and the Wells novel the plot carries on with the next wave of alien walker attacks, its not really that interesting to be honest as the cast is poor with very basic performances and pretty much all sets and location work are very obvious.

Thing is you just feel your watching the same plot and film from the original all over again, there isn't much new or exciting happening here and it just seems rather pointless. The only plus point I can recall is a reasonable looking sequence where US fighters fight martian spaceships which skips rather close to a certain film called 'Independence Day' but its the only sequence which looks OK. My suggestion? stick with the classic 1953 version ;)
½ May 6, 2012
Words can't fully express how horrible this was, Direct to DVD and it shows in a major way. If you want to see a crappy homemade version of Independence Day starring one of the guys from Kid N' Play, this is for you.
½ August 23, 2011
Now for those who thought part one was hella' stupid...Forget even watching this one. This one is so far in left field, I think they all were doing crack. Crack kills folks and rots ya' brains..."
½ September 5, 2009
Syfy is filled with weak movies lately. Parts of the plot make no sense. The only interesting sets were copied from Aliens. The acting was terrible.
January 20, 2009
½ September 16, 2008
This movie is SO BAD that I cried when I watched it. Bad acting! Bad plot! Bad setting! Bad special effect!
½ April 28, 2008
UGH! I didn't know this crew had made a version so I thought that perhaps it was going to be a follow up for the TC version. Really. This was awful in so very many different ways it would take too long to enumerate them all.

The special effects was comparable to 1970s Dr. Who, the acting was dry to the point of being painful with the exception of the "Hip Side Kick". He was enjoyable in spots.....

I could go on, but you get the idea. RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!
April 18, 2008
The plot for this film is excellent, what really stinks is that the budget doesn't do it justice. Sadly it becomes just another "B" movie. C. Thomas Howell provides an excellent performance but most of the other actors seem to be lacking something.
½ April 22, 2014
The money that went in to make this would've been better spent on...well...pretty much anything else.
August 15, 2013
it's not too bad. But then I watched invasion of the pod people first and so just about anything is okay compared to that.
½ December 9, 2012
Poor visuals, terrible acting, and bad direction makes this a pile of crap. Don't watch it.
September 27, 2012
Cheap crap. Not worth the time spent.
½ January 29, 2012
A film with no new or good special effects, a rediculious story plot, and hardly any battle scenes makes this film nothing but low budget nonsense.
½ March 11, 2012
A few decent parts but the story is bland and the many of the scenes felt random. The CGI isn't too great and the characters aren't very interesting.
½ November 27, 2010
This is an absolute mess.
April 14, 2011
All that can be said is that this is literally one of the worst films ever made.
½ April 9, 2011
If aliens invade earth, it will be to prevent another movie like this from being made.
October 2, 2010
I'm usually all for sequels, but did people really think you can ad to the classic story of "War of the Words"? Especially if you have like a 10 dollar budget? Saw this on tv once. Complete rubbish!
½ July 22, 2010
It wasn't as good as the first one.
It was okay. It was not a good movie.
June 19, 2010
not good. bad acting bad story bad effects. just terrible i find that if you watch this you will need a hammer and a nail just to stay concious from its terribleness