Warlock III: The End of Innocence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Warlock III: The End of Innocence Reviews

½ May 2, 2013
The Warlock is back again but this time its not the devilishly handsome Julian Sands but the also quite devilishly handsome Bruce Payne. Both are British, both have blonde receding hair, both are well spoken with an aristocratic sense about them and Payne is certainly not one to turn down a cheap B-movie.

This time its actually a different Warlock though, not the same soul as the previous two films, but these Warlocks do seem similar don't they, Satan must have a thing for blonde British men.

Plot wise its a change of pace, gone is the exciting 'Terminator' chase style of the previous two. Now we have a much duller psychological thriller type approach set inside a really dreary looking house. Unfortunately the writers have opted for the predictable and over used 'good looking young people in a house getting killed one by one' theme. The other thing is I think its suppose to be kinda scary but really it isn't.

Payne's Warlock makes friends with them one by one, getting to know them a little, then kills them in odd ways. One is a complete 'T2' rip, another is a complete 'Hellraiser' type rip, so not much originality going on in this house. What's funny is Payne merely walks around sounding Über freaky and erratic yet no one really notices, nor does anyone really catch on that it might be him doing the killing...the guy in all black with an evil grin on his face maybe?.

Very cheap looking production values, hardly any decent sets (the house is virtually bare), bad acting by sexy young folk, poor effects and very few of them with a very drab finale. Payne is semi good fun here simply because he does the bad guy thing so well but really this is a bit naff . Nice little sequences of BDSM though hehe.
ScoopOnline
December 8, 2009
Bruce Payne was not much convincing as Warlock as much as Julian Sands
iLeo
½ January 12, 2008
Good!
½ October 27, 2014
Not as good as the previous two, this sequel doesn't retain the same sense of style and humor. A new lead actor plus being filmed several years later make this feel more like a "re-boot." A college girl inherits an old house, and her friends join her in checking out the place. A warlock, who has been trapped in the house for 350 years doesn't take kindly to their presence. Not a bad film, I just wish it wasn't billed as another Warlock.
September 7, 2011
A real let-down after the two classic Warlock films with Julian Sands, the second of which still stands a classic of super-gory cinema, Warlock III brings some interesting cast members into the mix, particularly Ashley Laurence of Hellraiser fame and Angel Boris of Playboy fame. And Warlock III features some memorable moments of twisted horror, but it lacks the truly twisted magic of the first two films and the charismatic evil of Julian Sands. Ultimately, Warlock III is a somewhat entertaining but ultimately crappy, direct-to-video film....
May 17, 2009
Really poorly put together, I think. Really bad editing. And I also noticed that it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the first one at least (haven't seen the second one yet). Reminded me of "Open Water 2".... And the end was just lazy. I mean... really? Not going to tie ANY of that up at all? The first 30 minutes or so I thought were great, but then it went downhill from there.
April 29, 2007
I love all the warlock movies .. it was a shame they didnt go on with julian sands though.. he was born to play the warlock
½ October 28, 2014
A dull, tedious bore!
½ October 27, 2014
½ May 2, 2013

½ December 22, 2012
This 1999 movie is trash! Bruce Payne did a horrible job playing a warlock! Director Eric Freiser did a terrible job directing this movie. The plot and the storyline was garbage!
November 14, 2012
What kind of witchcraft is this? Julian Sands is sorely missed.
March 24, 2012
YOU DON'T HAVE THE POWER
December 26, 2011
I have to be honest I could not focus on watching this from beginning to end. I kept getting up and doing random things around the house, it just wasn't grasping my attention. If you are like me and thinking I loved the first Warlock movie, and the second wasn't that bad, so how bad could the the third one be. Believe me you won't like this one, it doesn't hold a candle to either of the previous ones. The first one was still the best in my book. I give it a star just because the filming wasn't horrible and the actors weren't terrible, but that's about it.
September 7, 2011
July 27, 2009
Bruce Payne was excellent as the Warlock- way better than Julian Sands.
March 9, 2011
Completely pointless and nonsensical ghost story. Character interactions are terrible and the magic is laughable as a plot device. There are many eagle sounds but no eagles.