• Directed By:
    Jonathan Levine
    In Theaters:
    Feb 1, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jun 4, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Twilight, but... worse.

This is just awful. I can't even stand to look at the posters for this bullshit. Why would anyone in their right mind pay money to see something like this? This kills brain cells.

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Annaleisle Gingher

Annaleisle Gingher

comedy? no. drama? maybe? what the hell is this. couldn't even finish this flimsy, half-baked movie. what just happened? woah.

Jun 9 - 09:19 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

The fact that many on here are comparing this movie to Twilight should be a good indicator to find something, anything else. I never watched Twilight and if I had known the audience for this movie was the same I would have avoided the two ours of mind numbing, trite, over simplified, over played horse poop. If this exemplifies teen courtship, where the male is limited to one word sentences and is basically a satellite to the female who is no charmer, but instead is pushy indifferent and far more masculine that he. NO wonder marriage is on the outs in this country.

Jun 7 - 11:08 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

OMG, they can't even make real talking men anymore, now they are so emasculated they make them into zombies. The strong female role is over done, but this is served up as desirable, attractive. Even as a zombie his hormones make him protective and subservient at the same time. These movies are PC propaganda, pure and simple, unless you are simple...see "Twilight" I never did.

Jun 7 - 10:48 PM

Philip Hunn

Philip Hunn

Except this film is actually good, and doesn't rely on an insulting "woe is me, my life is worth nothing if I don't have a boyfriend" premise like Stephanie Meyer's drivel.

Jun 7 - 07:10 PM

Chloe Hinchliffe

Chloe Hinchliffe

Its a shame that any post twilight 'dark/horror' Romcom needs to be compared to such an inadequate series of films. Warm bodies can firmly stand on its own two feet separate from twilight, even if it is a bit slow getting there.. It's funny, heart warming and enjoyably explores humanity in a teenromcom way, placing it above and beyond the realms of the twilight movies.

May 21 - 03:30 AM

Clara Luisa

Clara Luisa

Twilight wasn't even that good a movie. This movie scored higher on rotten tomatoes by more than 40%, and that was for the highest Twiliht movie, the story is better, and the novel is better written.

May 18 - 09:17 PM

Mariska Ebbenhorst

Mariska Ebbenhorst

Stop comparing 'Warm Bodies' with the 'Twilight' movies. I love 'Warm Bodies'! Nicholas Hoult is a great and fantastic actor, and he's very handsome <3

May 15 - 08:17 AM

Kristy Patmore

Kristy Patmore

Btw I am hoping to see it AGAIN i cinemas before it comes out on dvd:) Puke you say hehehe!

May 9 - 03:54 AM

Kristy Patmore

Kristy Patmore

Great movie!!! Nicholus Hoult is a fantastic actor and I am sure we will be seeing him in many more movies. He is what makes this movie funny and serious at the same time( more funny than serious)!

May 9 - 03:52 AM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

He was great in X-men and Jack the giant slayer

May 17 - 01:28 AM

Quinlan Li

Quinlan Li

You have Judgemental problems...

Apr 14 - 05:08 AM

Jordan Norris

Jordan Norris

How are you like even able to say it's like twilight when you won't go and see it. I'm sick of everybody andd there FUCKING dog seeing a YA movie and immediately saying "Twilight" shut the hell up already. Thid is absolutel nothing like twilight, there is no part of this plot that is anything like twilight except that there is a romance? ROMANCE WAS AROUND A LONG TIME BEFORE TWILIGHT! So shut up already.

Apr 12 - 04:37 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

You write like a 16 year old valley girl talks. lol. He wrote this months before it came out so chill.

Jun 2 - 02:00 PM

Diana Leck

Diana Leck

Entertaining, light comedy about zombies and young love, comparable to Romeo and Juliet meets Shaun of the Dead. Overanalyze and you'll probably find flaws. Take it at face value and you'll find a refreshing re-take on the overdone zombie empire. In my opinion, a cute movie well worth watching.

Mar 30 - 02:47 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

what is "overdone" is the sheepish puppy dog male roles that younger females seem to be attracted to.

Jun 7 - 10:50 PM

Erika Ballinas

Erika Ballinas

I´m agree with you

Mar 28 - 06:38 PM

Yune Kwon

Yune Kwon

Hey, you're obliged to your opinion. But I'm pretty sure most of the people here are going to disagree with you. Personally, I found this quite a entertaining and funny movie.

Mar 18 - 05:26 AM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

Popularity is rarely an indicator of anything, see Justine Beiber, many of those who love him love this swill. I think it is more about hating men, these guys in these roles are weak and ineffectual.

Jun 7 - 10:52 PM

Nurulita Fitriyanto

Nurulita Fitriyanto

I ever loved twilight so much before but sure this one really better than twilight, quite fresh..

Mar 14 - 05:09 AM

Jacinta Maddatu

Jacinta Maddatu

It's cheesy, but it's still good. Too much emotion dude, too much.....

Mar 9 - 01:01 AM

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

Lifinia Sastrodikromo

Are you serious? This movie is worth 100 times Twilight.

Mar 6 - 06:12 PM

BenandEmily Moss

BenandEmily Moss

100 x 0 = 0. But I get your point. It was better!

Mar 6 - 08:03 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

In a world filled with trash this movie was a receptacle.

Jun 7 - 10:54 PM

BenandEmily Moss

BenandEmily Moss

once I figured out that it wasn't a zombie movie, I slept comfortably. My wife on the other hand loved it.

Mar 6 - 02:03 PM

Sheila Piry

Sheila Piry

Haha... This movie is so much better than twilight. Twilight is too serious and too dramatic... Too much imagination. This movie is lighter and funnier.

Mar 3 - 05:02 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

That's what I thought but it turned out to be a pretty good movie.

Mar 2 - 06:09 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

People need to stop comparing these types of movies to Twilight. If we all stop doing that, then Twilight will die like it should.

Feb 21 - 07:51 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

I'm gonna assume you know what you're talking about because you have Hans Gruber as your profile pic.

Feb 28 - 08:14 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Well, thank you. And I understand the comparison, but I really think that this is the reason why Twilight refuses to die.

Mar 2 - 03:00 PM

Rae Scott

Rae Scott

I've seen both and where Twilight was boring and full of clichees and teen drama - I mean, come on, what is it that exactly *happens* in 'Breaking Dawn 2'? Right, nothing whatsoever - 'Warm Bodies" is funny and doesn't take itself so seriously. It has not anything in common with the Twilight series, except for a girl (who does slightly resemble Kristen Stewart but with better acting abilities) falling for an undead guy. Other than that, it is completely different. It's maybe like Twilight with humor, heart and brains (pun intended).

Feb 21 - 04:55 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

I've seen both twilight and warm bodies. Warm Bodies is funny. Twilight is boring melodrama.

Feb 21 - 01:06 AM

Mylie Nish

Mylie Nish

STFU people. Don't you say crap about this movie; this movie is amazing and beautiful. Don't you be hating it on it just because it's a horror/chick-flick/supernatural type of movie. It's better than Twilight, and this is coming from a Twilight-absolute-hater, and just because you're not going to be known for starring in a movie doesn't mean you can bitch about others in movies.

Feb 19 - 08:55 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ummm...bitch please

Feb 20 - 07:31 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

You have become what you say you hate, this movie was twilight for the zombie crowd.

Jun 7 - 10:55 PM

Nova Constantine

Nova Constantine

actually I give it a chance and saw it.. I went in it with the Twilight preconception since many people cried about this being the follow up.
I found myself surprised.. it is actually very enjoyable.. I wouldn't go as far as saying that is a very good movie but is enjoyable and the characters.. well I didn't want to kill them each and every second, they were fun to watch.. must be the actors quality.. given the premise and the execution of it is a pretty decent flick.. it has its sloppy parts but is pretty ok as a movie.. Twilight was a plotles, porly executed flick with realy bad actors that took itself too seriosly despite being a teen flick based on books that are the cancer of literature.. at least this guy make fun of themselves

Feb 18 - 12:56 PM

Clara Luisa

Clara Luisa

the cancer of literature...so true

May 18 - 09:20 PM

James Hopkins

James Hopkins

It's another movie with a cliched plot merely masked by some originality in its twist, but at least it tries, and it turned out alright.

Feb 17 - 06:09 PM

Thomas M.

Thomas Murphy

you had me until you said it turned out alright. This movie was emasculating and unaccountable, it's a day time soap opera for the Facebook crowd.

Jun 7 - 11:00 PM

Sammy Desarry

Sammy Desarry

If you like romantic comedies this is for you! It is a great movie, but don't see it if you want an action packed zombie movie. It isn't horror, so don't expect that. It's a cute flick with an unusual twist!

Feb 16 - 03:44 PM

Mellissa P.

Mellissa Pye

Didn't think this film was amazing but I still enjoyed it and found it entertaining! A lot lot better than Twilight.

Feb 16 - 10:46 AM

Mart Santos

Mart Santos

This is more entertaining than Twilight

Feb 12 - 03:40 AM

Jadey Paule

Jadey Paule

I watched all Twilight movies. Only Best part of Twilight was Alice's vision. This movie is great. You simply have no idea.

Feb 10 - 05:09 AM

Diego Tutweiller

'Best Part of Twilight'... kind of an oxy-moron, no?

Feb 22 - 11:16 AM

Jadey Paule

Jadey Paule

I watched all Twilight movies. Only Best part of Twilight was Alice's vision. This movie is great. You simply no have idea.

Feb 10 - 05:08 AM

Tirmidy Angni

Tirmidy Angni

Just saw it. Definitly not worse than Twilight. In fact, this is WAY better than Twilight.

Don't judge the movie by its poster, BTW(in case you haven't seen it yet) . Yes, the poster looks hideous and very cheesy/cringe-worthy, but the movie is better than that.

Feb 10 - 04:04 AM

Jackie Laufeyson

Jackie Laufeyson

You know, to actually get an opinion about something you need to experience it first. If you haven't seen the movie, you can make any comments about it.
Have you seen Twilight? Just asking, cause of the way you talk about a movie you haven't seen, I'm assuming your thoughts on Twilight are based also by only seeing posters and trailers

Feb 9 - 09:41 PM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

to each their own...I thought it was a nice little romantic comedy with a horror twist. Horror fans can be so full of themselves...Val Newton's Zombies were better than George Romero's so there.........

Feb 7 - 10:41 AM

Antonio Zestio

Antonio Zestio

This movie was awful. If George Romero were dead you could sharpen knives on his lathe like spinning corpse. Talk about putting a pretty sundress and flowers on a horror genre. These guys got it right:

http://blip.tv/sarchons-invade-the-movies/warm-bodies-2013-movie-review-by-sarchons-invade-the-movies-6523500

Feb 6 - 01:41 PM

Daniel Thron

Daniel Thron

I'm looking forward to this -- the ad looks pretty good, but mainly I'm glad that filmmakers are starting to break the bounds of the genre a little bit; that's when you get the really good stuff. I also recoomend Carrie Ryan's excellent YA zombie novel The Forest of Hands and Teeth; very original, very frightening. Also check this movie out - a totally different take: http://vimeo.com/35665030

Feb 5 - 09:30 AM

Jigs Seņagan

Jigs Seņagan

I really don't know what's happening here but one thing for sure- Zombies differs from Vampires, Action differs from Comedy. Both films are satisfying.

Feb 4 - 12:20 PM

Jigs Seņagan

Jigs Seņagan

I really don't know what's happening here but one thing for sure- Zombies differs from Twighlight. Action differs from Comedy. Both films are satisfying.

Feb 4 - 12:19 PM

Ariel Rush

Ariel Rush

HELL YES!!!!!! This movie was straight up stupid... I LOVE TWILIGHT and I will admit that those movies are shit.... But this Movie was just BADD A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY LIFE

Feb 4 - 07:34 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

own up...you didn't even see it............

Feb 4 - 11:27 AM

Alec Advincula

Alec Advincula

How about you watch it first? It's actually good once you go past your stupid Twilight reference.

Feb 4 - 06:26 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

This movie is getting pretty good critical reception. Twilight was nothing like that.

Feb 3 - 07:57 PM

Kaylie Clendenon

Kaylie Clendenon

um, I think you meant Twilight but good.

Feb 3 - 07:42 PM

movie.j

Iman luv

Twilight was awesome and so is this. i watched both of them in theaters and i can not pick a favorite between the two, because they are both so awesome.

Feb 3 - 10:07 AM

Jeanna Stout

Jeanna Stout

It was fantastic, i cant wait to see it again and add it to my DVD collection.

Feb 3 - 09:09 AM

Michelle Doherty

Michelle Doherty

This movie was nothing like Twilight. Twilight was a poorly written story made into an even poorer movie. Warm Bodies is a satirical social commentary thinly veiled as a zombie movie...now where have I seen that before? What makes me shake my head is the fact that you are passing the 'Twilight but worse' judgment on a movie that you haven't even seen yet, due to the fact that it is obviously marketed for teenagers like Twilight was. Casablanca, it ain't. But Warm Bodies was a pleasant way to pass ninety minutes.

Feb 3 - 12:50 AM

Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson

Actually, it was a book adaptation. Book came out a few years ago, it's pretty good, and was joyed to hear that it was being turned into a movie.

Feb 7 - 06:05 PM

Janae Morales

Janae Morales

..anyways.. far from twilight I don't hate twighlight its just boring and this is far from that. I would compare it more to zombieland maybe not as entertaining but with more heart :)

Feb 2 - 08:50 PM

Anthony R.

Anthony Rubino

"I know I made a fool of myself but I'm right and gonna ignore all you hataz. Na-na-na-na-na."

Feb 2 - 06:09 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Hey, I don't call you a fool... until now. Fool.

Feb 2 - 07:20 PM

Diego Tutweiller

O-KAY! That escalated QUICKLY! Sorry if I didn't read all 66 of your comments, I just don't have the time... my point was that so-called 'romances' have already ruined vampires for the rest of society, and now zombies? Not right... not right at all.

Feb 2 - 04:02 PM

Mike Harden

Mike Harden

You can't stand this movied based on posters..... right. Seems legit.

Feb 2 - 01:03 PM

Dan Everett

Dan Everett

You FAIL at understanding movies with good intentions. DERP!

Feb 1 - 06:19 PM

Josh Evans

Josh Evans

Diego is missing the point.
Poor fellow has never heard of parody.

Feb 1 - 06:02 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

Well... in Twilight, the female lead was kissing a guy who fed on animal blood so now the female lead here will be kissing a dude who was feasting on someone's intestines not so long ago...
Studio execs probably think this is the kind of thing gets women hot these days...

Feb 1 - 05:22 PM

Mike Harden

Mike Harden

You know movies aren't real, don't ya? Just saying.

Feb 2 - 01:04 PM

Sawyer Busse

Sawyer Busse

How could you compare a zombie movie to a dumb vampire movie? It's not the same thing at all.

Feb 1 - 03:09 PM

Marina Slavin

Marina Slavin

Saw the movie...loved it...some people even clapped after which does not happen often...great action, romance and humor.

Feb 1 - 10:19 AM

Brandi Cameron

Brandi Cameron

People clapped after the movie too when I watched it. I totally agree with you though, and I am definitely adding it to my DVD collection.

Feb 3 - 09:42 AM

Stephan Brandt

Stephan Brandt

everyone clapped in my theater too, myself included. went in with zero expectation, came out surprisingly super satisfied

Feb 3 - 11:53 AM

Lonnie Nandez

Lonnie Nandez

God I hate movie snobs. What happened to just simply enjoying movies? Sorry it's no Avatar or Licoln, lol.

Feb 1 - 02:49 AM

Jgl Heart

Jgl Heart

just saw the movie, it was really good!

Feb 1 - 01:07 AM

Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones

If you don't understand what a satire is, then you should probably stay home. ;)

Jan 31 - 10:12 PM

E'Monique Williams

E'Monique Williams

Dude, don't be such a twat.

Jan 30 - 06:37 PM

Alan Waterman

Alan Waterman

I don't normally go for this type of movie, but me, my wife, and my daughter all saw the preview and will probably see it opening weekend. Normally we'd wait a few weeks for movies to come our or just see it on video.

Jan 30 - 06:30 PM

Robert May

Robert May

The amount of people that dont know this is a comedy is staggering. They tried to make it really obvious in the trailer too.

Jan 30 - 05:47 PM

Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy

I just noticed Rotten Tomatoes only recently added the "Comedy" tag. That could be a reason.

Jan 31 - 09:44 AM

Kurtiss Keefner

Kurtiss Keefner

Because it's directed by Jonathan Levine, who last directed 50/50.

Jan 29 - 09:05 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

Really?

Jan 30 - 01:23 PM

Frances Hugg

Frances Hugg

P.T. Barnum said it long ago, "There's a sucker born every minute." But judging a movie solely by the trailer is like judging a book by its cover. Unfortunately, trailers aren't a good indication of what the movie will be like. I loved the Snow White and the Huntsman trailer, but the movie was dismal. All the best stuff was in the trailer. Still, I think it's only fair to see a movie before condemning it. In my youth, when I was a lot more arrogant, I saw saw the trailer for The Terminator and thought, Oh, there's a violent piece of junk I want to miss," but when I saw the movie on TV while my son was watching it a couple of decades later, I actually enjoyed it. I hadn't even realized it was a sic-fi flick. One thing age teaches you is don't rush to judgement unless you want to get foot-in-mouth disease.

Jan 29 - 07:01 PM

Jacob S.

Jacob Stevenson

When I saw the previews for Chronicle, I was thought it was just going to some dreary, horrible movie. However, that was due to the fact that 20th Century Fox obviously hadn't learned how to promote their movies, and when I saw the movie I wasn't more glad that I had been wrong in my initial assumptions.

Jan 30 - 10:34 PM

Jacob S.

Jacob Stevenson

*I was glad that I had been wrong blah blah lol

Jan 30 - 10:34 PM

Dave Glass

Dave Glass

Why don't you see it first? If we judged everything from 1 image, then you, Diego, look like an asshole in yours. I've seen it already and I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Jan 29 - 12:32 PM

Leonardo da Turtle

Chris Hunter

Actually it looks much better than Twilight.

Jan 29 - 06:41 AM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

Lots of great reviews coming! My entire community of writer loves the film... I saw it twice... As a writer we have an embargo placed on us and if we release the review early we could lose priviliges for future screenings. The book is a super good read to. This film is defintely not Twilight and if/when you see it you'll agree. Catch my reviews on geekscape.net, culturemob.com and examiner.com

Jan 28 - 08:12 AM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

I disagree about the book being a good read. But different tastes and all that...
Also, not cool plugging your stuff like this.

Feb 1 - 05:24 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

The twilight fangirl purse mafia is gonna get you now!

Jan 28 - 05:59 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I think what the studio is doing is smart, they only released one good review and haven't allowed any others. I assume that the vast majority of the reviews are probably rotten, but the studio is using Weber's review as a ruse to keep expectations high until RT releases all the reviews upon it's theatrical release date.

Jan 27 - 01:55 PM

Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy

I dunno, a bunch of the reviews on IMDb so far look fairly promising...

Jan 27 - 03:36 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Hmmn 78% right now, how's that theory working out for you so far?

Feb 1 - 10:32 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I think what the studio is doing is smart, they only released one good review and haven't allowed any others. I assume that the fast majority of the reviews are probably rotten, but the studio is using Weber's review as a ruse to keep expectations high until RT releases all the reviews upon it's theatrical release date.

Jan 27 - 01:55 PM

PJ Edwards

PJ Edwards

Agreed. I saw i and that is pretty much my review to the T. It is worse because it wants to so badly to be something bigger and better and laughably fails on multiple occasions.

Jan 26 - 01:11 PM

Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones

Nowadays, whenever someone wants to dismiss something without taking an iota of energy to find out more about it, they say it's "like Twilight." First off, although Twilight was poorly written (and the movies were an insult to the cinema world (except for the last one. That fight scene was entertaining)) the story was strong enough to garner a huge fanbase. Seriously. The twihards and twifans are a force of nature. More importantly, it has amassed millions (if not billions) in sales. It also pulled a bunch of twits away from their superficial lives and pushed them toward reading. After Twilight was finished, they moved on to other books, many of them more challenging (let's face it; anything is more challenging than Twilight).

Now, as for Warm Bodies. I read the book. It's pretty much a satirical comedy. It's relatively well-written, and the parallels between the human and zombie worlds are fascinating. My suggestion: read the book or watch the movie and formulate your own opinion. Don't be a sheep. Don't judge something by it's cover (or movie poster).

Shine on your crazy diamond!

Jan 26 - 09:14 AM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

You said it!

Jan 28 - 08:14 AM

E'Monique Williams

E'Monique Williams

I am going to frame this xD

Jan 30 - 06:38 PM

Diego Tutweiller

If the cover of a DVD has 'The Human Centipede' written on it, I'll feel comfortable judging it by its cover.

Feb 3 - 05:52 PM

Diego Tutweiller

If the cover of a DVD has 'The Human Centipede' written on it, I'll feel comfortable judging it by its cover.

Feb 3 - 05:52 PM

Isabel Duras

Isabel Duras

maybe you're not in your right mind. then don't look moron!!!

Jan 26 - 05:49 AM

Conrad N.

Conrad Nystrom

read the book.....a fun, short read that if the film is true to its words - will be a great way to spend 90 minutes in the dark.....and to assure some of the doubters - it is NOTHING like "Twilight" in any sort of way - not to mention Levine's films appear to be a great melding of drama and comedy in the first place....not that a zombie film is going to be mistaken for a drama for that matter.....

Jan 25 - 09:11 PM

E'Monique Williams

E'Monique Williams

The book is SO GREAT!

Jan 30 - 06:38 PM

nmehranfar

Nima Mehranfar

got to check out an advanced screening of this, and it was actually really fucking good. nothing like twilight. i DID come in with low expectations, but don't write this one off.

Jan 24 - 01:20 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

It can't be as bad as Twilight considering it has John Malkovich but I'm sure it will be awful.

Jan 23 - 04:30 PM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

John M was the worse thing about the film. He had no role. He took this film for the paycheck (I'm guessing). All he does is play a war hungry/ over protective Dad - No weight or grit to it. The film is not about "Dad."

Jan 28 - 08:16 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Can't say I'm surprised that a great actor like John Malkovich isn't in the movie very much. Happens a lot. Battleship with Liam Neeson, for instance.

Jan 28 - 03:14 PM

Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones

I think they should have kept the original ending. In the book, Julie's father is not the lovey dovey, concerned father. He's a general, and he treats Julie like a solider. That's one part that the screenwriters and directors failed in.

Feb 3 - 11:03 AM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

John Malkovich was in Transformers: Dark of the Moon...

Feb 2 - 11:41 PM

Selena K.

Selena Kyle

I can appreciate a movie trying to put a new spin on things but I don't think this is gonna work. The tag line is stupid, "Cold Body, Warm Heart" The movie is called "Warm Bodies" why would you put "Cold Body" in the tag line? Is this the zombie version of Twilight?

Jan 23 - 01:56 PM

Lauren Sternhagen

Lauren Sternhagen

It seems intentionally cheeky. Like, "oh he eats people but he's a nice guy" sort of joke. It's not sincere. Twilight was often too sincere.

Jan 24 - 03:34 PM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

It's a romantic comedy, not a coming of age film. The book is satirical. The film is witty and fun. The zombies have cold bodies - at first.

Jan 28 - 08:17 AM

Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones

It's meant as a satire of all the paranormal romance stories that have been coming out. It's supposed to be ridiculous. That's the author's intent.

Feb 3 - 11:04 AM

Lauren Sternhagen

Lauren Sternhagen

If a movie is going to be compared to Twilight just because it has an element of romance or something, then I am going to start declaring all action movies "Like Transformers 100003934 but worse." And I'll make sure to do so before I see them.

Jan 23 - 01:17 PM

Orlando J.

Orlando Jameson

It might be better than Twilight but that's not saying much. I feel like it's trying be Zombieland, a zombie movie that's funny and violent but still has heart (no pun intended.) It won't be. Pass.

Jan 23 - 12:41 PM

Brandi Cameron

Brandi Cameron

I watched the movie and didn't get one Zombieland vibe off of it. Just saying.

Feb 3 - 09:55 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

the trailer alone is better than any of the twilight films.......looks good to me

Jan 22 - 09:26 PM

Trevor Green

Trevor Green

I saw an advanced screening last week, and I can tell you it's not at ALL like Twilight. It's mostly a dark comedy about zombies, with zombie violence and everything. It doubles as a romantic comedy too, true, but there is nothing sappy or "sexy vampire" about it. Not at all. The main character is not glamorized and held up like some model of male perfection, and the lead girl doesn't swoon for him. It's a zombie movie for real. Really good actually.

Jan 22 - 01:15 PM

Tanya Garrigues

Tanya Garrigues

How does this movie look awful?? I think it looks funny, not every movie has to be serious.

Jan 22 - 10:36 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Pardon me if I sound ridiculous, but what exactly is this movie?

Jan 22 - 07:52 AM

Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy

Evidently, it's a love story about an undead guy and a living girl that's actually GOOD. Also, it's based on a book.

So, it's like Twilight, but...better. While at the same time being absolutely nothing like Twilight.

Jan 22 - 02:42 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Oh, ok. Neat lol

Jan 24 - 07:23 AM

Dave Glass

Dave Glass

It's along the lines of Romeo and Juliet where Romeo is a zombie. If you look at the character names in this and R&J, you will notice similarities.

Jan 29 - 12:35 PM

Will T.

Will Tate

They are just starving for money, jesus christ...

Jan 21 - 08:07 PM

Richard Hartman

Richard Hartman

Oh my god! Do you mean to tell me that they're putting out a movie and hoping to turn a profit! How awful!

Jan 23 - 10:42 AM

Will T.

Will Tate

"Hey guys, I got an idea! Instead of coming up with something with something original, lets just make a love story and put zombies in it!"

Jan 26 - 07:11 PM

Will T.

Will Tate

"Hey guys, I got an idea! Instead of putting time and effort and something original into a movie, lets just make a love story with zombies!"

Jan 26 - 07:13 PM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

When you see it, like I have twice, you'll see that it's actually quite clever and original.

Jan 28 - 08:19 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

There is no such thing as a new idea

Jan 28 - 11:55 PM

Will T.

Will Tate

Yeah there are, there are alot of them just most of everyone would rather take an idea from a book or make a remake of something instead of coming up with something new

Jan 29 - 03:31 PM

Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy

Looking at the posters alone, I probably would think this was worse than Twilight. But I was first introduced to it via trailer, and it looks like what I very much would have preferred Twilight to be.

Jan 21 - 07:25 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I'd agree Diago, I'm usually one to spare profanity, but I think that it merit's it to say that this movie looks fucking awful, I felt physically sick watching the trailer. It made me wish that someone would put a flame-thrower to all those shitty young adult books so we would be spared another one coming to theatres.

Jan 21 - 05:35 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

this wasnt based on a book, if all its probably making fun of those shitty Twilight cash grabs

Jan 21 - 07:14 PM

Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy

Ohoho! Is funny because it IS based on a book and is barely anything like Twilight other than the fact that it has sexy undead people in it! Ohhh...

Jan 21 - 07:27 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

fag, how long did it rake you to research that

Jan 26 - 08:47 AM

Allie Hanley

Allie Hanley

The book is fantastic... the writer lives in Seattle. The youg adult book section is going to save this country's teenagers. It gets them to read, dream, imagine, feel for others, learn about situations, etc. Young people haven't got a clue except how to cheat their way through school. If some "silly" young adult books can get them interested in reading (it's a proven fact that readers are more intelligent) then there's hope for the future. I know enough teenagers who are self centered, have no gratitude for their family, and no empathy for those around them. Reading young adult books helps instill these very important qualitites. Seeing a movie is a good half way mark - if they are not going to read, at least they can see other points of view. A little film like this captures someone imagination. One of the main themes of this film is to NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER, or NOT ALL ZOMBIES ARE KILLERS (even though they are, what they are - flesh eating, brain sucking, post humans. There is hope in this film, like our country, for a better future. AND at Hollis, to bad you have to resort to calling someone a "FAG" because they called you out on a misstake. Why not say, "Oh yeah, your right. I missed that. Thanks, I will check it out." Instead you make a disparaging remark. You can do better next time.

Jan 28 - 08:28 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

um how bout you totally screw off, k?

Feb 2 - 03:13 PM

Caitlyn Prine

Caitlyn Prine

Ironic you say that because this book was written to MOCK all those so called "books" you want to take a flame-thrower too. If you are a reader, I def suggest you take a look at it. The writer is genius and isn't a complete idiot like Stephanie Meyers .

Feb 6 - 08:13 PM

Caitlyn Prine

Caitlyn Prine

but as a fair warning, the movie isn't as good as the book. As usual.

Feb 6 - 08:15 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

it actually looks funny, this is the type of movie you take your girlfriend to watch. nothing is worse than twilight anyway.

Jan 21 - 04:05 PM

Caitlyn Prine

Caitlyn Prine

It is hilarious. I went to it and def worth the money. It wasn't made to be taken seriously, in fact the author of the book made it in mockery of Twilight but it turned into more. Very witty, a little dark and def worth the money dude C:

Feb 6 - 08:11 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

exactly ! thank you. you should post that at the top so people can finally realize it !

Feb 8 - 04:19 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile