• Comedy
  • Directed By:
    Jonathan Levine
    In Theaters:
    Feb 1, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jun 4, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

First wide-release certified fresh movie for 2013?

So far Mama has been the only 2013 movie released that has been fresh (that actually is showing in theaters people can go to) not counting ZDK or SLP because those are 2012 movies
All-Knowing Panda
01-26-2013 12:26 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

There is no justice...

Feb 5 - 03:55 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Oh shit you were right, did not see this coming! Especially since it dropped really fast at one point to 70%.

Feb 1 - 12:47 PM

Omar Kooliyat

Omar Kooliyat

It IS the first Wide-Release Certified Fresh movie of 2013.
WHAT A SHOCKER!

Feb 1 - 12:21 PM

Rossy John

Rossy John

yea, doesn't look like it

Jan 31 - 11:08 AM

Francesco Fortuna

Francesco Fortuna

Nope it's not gonna be certified fresh lol, this movie is starting to drop. Darn.

Jan 31 - 09:56 AM

Salis Knight

Salis Knight

It is possible given the current rating's it's getting. From what I gather it's very funny but a bit to optimistic.

Jan 31 - 09:23 AM

Alex Delgado

Alex Delgado

Certified fresh is 75% or over with at least 40 reviews and at least 5 top critics fresh rating. Once it becomes certified fresh, it stays fresh unless it falls below 70

Jan 31 - 05:23 AM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

What is cerified fresh? I've always been confused about that!

Jan 29 - 09:22 AM

Johnny Ross

Johnny Ross

I've always assumed it was when the score is high enough for the site to be confident that it will never drop below 60%.

Jan 29 - 11:00 AM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

Thanks, I understand it better now :)

Jan 29 - 02:39 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Go to Silver Linings Playbook page. Look at the symbol next to it, now go to Mama's page and look at the tomato, see the difference? Certified Fresh is achieved when a movie has at least 50 reviews and at least 5 top critic reviews. It has to start with a high percentage and can't drop below 60. That's certified fresh, that pretty much everyone knows it will never reach rotten territory. I've noticed that there are some exceptions however. Captain America started out with like a 30% then shot up to 79%, it didn't become certified fresh till it hit 75%. It's kind of confusing, hope this helps a bit.

Jan 29 - 11:42 AM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

Thanks, I understand it better now :)

Jan 29 - 02:39 PM

Kurtiss Keefner

Kurtiss Keefner

To be determined "Certified Fresh" a film must have at least 50 reviews and most likely never go below 60% on the tomatometer(as stated above). My addition to this is the fact that the tomatometer has two "sides". If you look above the tomatormeter bar on a given film's page, then you will notice a link called "Top Critics". This switches the meter to show it based solely on Top Critic reviews (I don't know how someone becomes a so-called Top Critic). Anyway, both the films "All Critics" and "Top Critics" tomatometers should be likely to NOT go below 60%. Sorry about the long-winded explanation. Hope this helps!

Jan 29 - 09:13 PM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

We'll see how true to the book this will be...... Probably won't live up to it.

Jan 29 - 04:17 AM

Gene Bodyl

Gene Bodyl

I think this film will probably be fresh but I don't think critics will be kind enough to make this a certified fresh film though. I would like it to be though since we had a month without them....

Jan 27 - 09:24 PM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

So... Second wide-release certified fresh? Yeah, I think it will be. A solid director and cast, solid adaption material, it'll probably be good!

Jan 27 - 06:56 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

No Mama is just fresh, not certified fresh. I agree with everything else you just said though.

Jan 28 - 08:20 AM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

Oh, I didn't know what that meant. Now I do. Sorry! Yeah, it probably will be judging by talk from friends and various critics.

Jan 28 - 08:57 AM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

It probably won't be certified fresh, but fresh for sure based on the handful of reviews I read.

Jan 26 - 06:02 PM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

What is certified fresh!!??

Jan 29 - 09:39 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile