• Comedy
  • Directed By:
    Jonathan Levine
    In Theaters:
    Feb 1, 2013 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jun 4, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Has anyone seen Cole Smithey's joke of a review?

I can understand not liking a movie, but saying it's SO poorly done it should be shown to show students what NOT to do seems silly, considering it's relatively universal praise. Cole Smithey has a tendency to be over-dramatic in his reviews, but this one in particular is an atrocity.
Connor Nordstrom
02-1-2013 05:55 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Ken Jorgensen

Ken Jorgensen

How did it end? I fell asleep 3/4 way through. Then again, who cares?

Jun 14 - 06:03 AM

Cindy Lewis

Cindy Lewis

I think "joke" is the operative word here. Any review that just flat out dismisses something as completely worthless, no matter what it is, can't be taken seriously. Everything has some qualities worth considering, even if it's horrible, (the cult classic Eraserhead comes to mind). Anyone calling themselves a "reviewer" should know that. A review like the one you described is essentially the author saying that they're opinion is moot, ignore them and go read a real review from someone who actually knows how to critique.

May 31 - 12:37 AM

Antonio Zestio

Antonio Zestio

Maybe not that bad but pretty awful. Talk about two genres that don't mix. Its like combining peanut butter and rocksalt. Listen to the robots, they will show you the way:
http://blip.tv/sarchons-invade-the-movies/warm-bodies-2013-movie-review-by-sarchons-invade-the-movies-6523500

Feb 6 - 01:46 PM

Mike Harden

Mike Harden

I just read it and i've never commented on a thing on here before. But his review inspired me. I doubt he even watched the movie or else he's just in a perpetually, not just bad, but horrid mood. I question whether someone should be allowed to voice opinions when their wife cheats on him and divorces him, his son getting convicted for murder, and his favorite sports team losing whatever game... should be allowed to write a review.

It's no Oscar winner but it's also not armageddon, as he makes it sound. Still definitely worth watching. His gripes just seem nit picky and kid-like.

Feb 2 - 01:02 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

at least he's not running around making up terms like Zom-com to be some trendy asshole.

Review is over the top but at least has complete words.

Feb 2 - 12:03 AM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

at least he's not running around making up terms like Zom-com to be some trendy asshole.

Review is over the top but at least has complete words not.

Feb 2 - 12:02 AM

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

Heaven Forbid a man has his own opinion.
This movie was never going to be anything close to a classic, that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it and he cant like it...

Feb 1 - 07:57 PM

Rossy John

Rossy John

He doesn;t have a problem with the fact it was a negative review, he just said it was a "silly" thing to say. And it was.

Feb 1 - 08:06 PM

Rossy John

Rossy John

he just wants attention

Feb 1 - 07:09 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile