• PG-13, 1 hr. 30 min.

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

The Waterboy Reviews

Apeneck F

July 7, 2007
Often the funniest aspect of Adam Sandler movies, the biggest joke, is the most irritating as well: that he and his crew are laughing at the audience and the film industry simultaneously. Waterboy is one example of this conceit in spades, and like many of his efforts in this vein is notable for just how not funny it achieves.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
One of Sandler's best loved movies of the 90s, this comedy is fun, humourous, and full of life. Of course there are a good number of stupid jokes in it too, but overall it's very funny.
Alexander D

June 29, 2011
THE WATERBOY is a dumb football farce and just another predictable Adam Sandler comedy. It was possible to laugh in some scenes, but this, overall, was not very funny. It stars Adam Sandler as the title role, a 31-year-old named Bobby Boucher with the obnoxious voice of a 10-year-old, who has been bringing water to football teams for a lot of his life. He becomes angry when he is insulted early on, and he tackles the man who insulted him quite hard, leading the football team's coach to believe he is fit for the team. The problem is he is true to his "mama", who says he cannot play football and that it is "the devil" (like almost everything else, in her opinion). I would not recommend this is you can stand 90 minutes of asinine, juvenile humor. Otherwise, go ahead--you'll laugh a lot.
theunknownhobo
theunknownhobo

August 25, 2011
I don't know what to think about Adam Sandler half the time and although I would say I am most certainly a fan, I found this movie more irritating than amusing. Saying that though, talking like his character in this movie is definitely a must when completely drunk.
Eric A

August 9, 2011
I used to think it was funny, but that's because I was younger when this came out.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 16, 2011
Adam Sandler is a very stupid guy, because he is funny and chooses to do bad films. After being fired from his job as a waterboy, Bobby Boucher tries getting another job as a waterboy, but learns his anger gives him talents in football. Its a very stupid film, and the plot is basically stupidity for almost 2 hours. Adam Sandler tries doing a lisp in the film, and its pretty damn annoying. This was stupid beyond all belief, but id be lying if I said I never laughed at all while watching.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 26, 2011
By 1998, Adam Sandler became fairly irrelevant. Sandler basically has one trick up his sleeve, and over the course of his career, has managed to turned out a few decent comedies, but nothing really special. The Waterboy is quite possibly one of his worst films. The comedy expressed on screen feels strained and forced. If you're looking for a good comedy, you won't find it here. Sandler has managed to make a few decent films that actually were pretty funny, but The Waterboy is simply a stupid exercise in comedy. I don't see the appeal of The Waterboy , as it is a total waste of film. This is a stupid film that has the potential to irritate the viewer. Sandler has made three funny films over the course of his career: Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy and The Wedding Singer. However this film is terrible. The Waterboy is an unfunny mess that has few funny parts. Like I said, the films brand of comedy feels forced upon the viewer and it feels like there wasn't too much thought put into the script to try and create a very funny and witty film. Adam Sandler is pointless in this film, and if this film is your type of thing, then give it a shot. But be warned, this is one of the worst comedies with Adam Sandler, and saying that, it says something. I'll stick with Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Another Adam Sandler classic!
TheGame90
TheGame90

January 4, 2011
Still fun after many viewings...And that's all there is to say
Spencer S

December 9, 2008
Another wildly funny, inappropiate, and perfectly plotted Sandler film. His collection of films from the 90's are all enjoyable, and highly guilty pleasure for any fan of the "cinema." (So pretentious) Love ya Sandler, forever and ever.
Richard C

July 21, 2010
C+
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
i really liked this movie, although im not entirely convinced by adam sandlers acting i still really enjoyed this movie becuase i found it silly, but amusing enough!!
Conner R

January 17, 2010
Dear god, I hate this movie like no other. It's just incredibly corny and highly annoying. Adam Sandler essentially plays a mentally challenged Southern white trash character for an hour and a half. It's just one very long SNL skit that never should've seen the light of day.
KJ P

January 14, 2010
Never get's old! But his voice does!
Anthony L

January 12, 2010
Silly but inoffensive, not as horrible as I'd thought but still not exactly a masterpiece.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

September 28, 2008
Adam Sandler really knows how to bring the funny and he definitely did that in water boy. It was a great comedy like all Sandler films. Loved Kathy Bates, thought she was really funny. I however could have went the rest of my live without seeing Henry Winklers ass. Yeah.. could have done without that..lol
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

September 23, 2009
Saw this movie on a boat in 1998, everybody thought this was the funniest movie ever at the time with all the catch phrases and stutters. Saw it again recently and its still funny but real dumb. It's the last classic in Sandler's 90's movie formula in my opinion. What came after? Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, Big Daddy, Eight Crazy Nights, Anger Management. Some of those are funny but not like Sandler's comedies from Billy Madison to the Waterboy.
Jason O

August 15, 2009
"The Waterboy" is definitely the best Adam Sandler movie so far in my opinion. He plays a waterboy that is babied by his mom until everybody finds out he's a good tackler and he gets on the football team. He becomes the heart and soul of the football team and everybody, even the ones who bullied him to begin with or made fun of him, start rooting for him the more he plays. For awhile, there is skepticism about whether he should get to play or not because he doesn't have a high school education, and his mom doesn't want him to do anything but stay home.
I recommend "The Waterboy" to anybody who likes good comedy movies so you can see how it turns out and how far the waterboy will be able to take his football team. "The Waterboy" does have a few parts in it that are kind of stupid, but most of the movie is hilarious. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Yes, this is one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies. I love the part where the players are trying to get hyped up and a black kid sees the football as a Ku Klux Klan head and it brings out his rage. LMAO!
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
My favorite modern comedy and my favorite Adam Sandler movie hands down.