Release Date: Oct 26, 1970 Wide
Average Rating: 3.9/5
User Ratings: 1,816
This lavishly costumed historical epic had an estimated $100 million price tag. Spectacularly photographed battle action contrasts with often plodding individual scenes that bog down the plot. Fearing his growing power, European monarchs force Napoleon Bonaparte (Rod Steiger) to abdicate as Emperor and retire to Elba, and the French are concerned they will be outnumbered by a force of combined armies from many countries in Europe. Napoleon no sooner says goodbye to his loyalist troops than he
Oct 26, 1970 Wide
Oct 11, 2005
Gen. Thomas Picton
Duchess of Richmond
Marshal Michel Ney
Marshal Gebhard Blucher
Duke of Richmond
Sir John Colborne
Lord Richard Hay
Vicomte Pierre Cambronn...
Audience Reviews for Waterloo
- Napoleon: I have come back to make France happy! I am France and France is me!
- Napoleon: Well, they've done it. All the great powers have declared war against me. Not against France -- against me!
- Marshal Michel Ney: They honor you by making you a country.
- Napoleon: Honor? They deny me the decency of law. They make it legal for any clown to kill me!
- Lord Richard Hay: If you would take the men into your confidence....
- Wellington: If I thought my hair knew what my brain was thinking, I'd shave it off and wear a wig.
- Louis XVIII: Ney, you will be the first to confront the werewolf. I know you love this man...
- Marshal Michel Ney: I did -- once. But I promise Your Majesty I will bring him back to Paris in an iron cage!
- Napoleon: Never interrupt your enemy while he is in the process of making a mistake.
- Wellington: I don't need a white horse to puff ME up, by God!
There are no discussion threads for Waterloo yet.