Wayne's World Reviews

½ May 13, 2015
82% on my Tomatometer.
½ May 10, 2015
Estúpidos y sin insultar. Bravo!
½ May 9, 2015
Fun, silly and memorable.
September 17, 2012
Party on Garth! Waynes World is one of the most random classic comedies ive seen. It has great laugh out loud funny moments. Carvey and Myers are a perfect duo in one of my favorites.
April 20, 2015
Highlights for me are Bohemian Rhapsody, all the pop culture references, hilariously obvious product placements, and the way Wayne acts when he says something really smart. Wayne's World is the best movie Myers and Carvey have ever done, and it's possibly the best SNL movie. It definitely had an impact on 90's youth culture. Party on Wayne! Party on Garth!
April 9, 2015
back when mike myers was actually funny he was on Saturday Night Live and this before austin powers. and while it isn't perfect Wayne's world is still worth watching
April 6, 2015
Goofy, irrelevant, odd, funny, and lame are but a few adjectives that describe Wayne's World. Laugh-out-loud funny one moment, stale the next, and resulting in an uneven film that hedges its bets not on a strong plot or thematic importance but rather its nonsensical approach, Wayne's World plays out with a nontraditional flair despite being filled to the brim with clichés and typically vapid characters. Wayne's World earns an "A" for effort and a "C" for execution, high marks indeed for a film of modest origins and one featuring a meandering series of vignettes tied loosely together by a generic plot.
½ April 6, 2015
Like this parody but didn't love it.....catch phrases and all.
½ March 7, 2015
First 10 minutes were genuinely funny, rest of the film not so much. The small handful of scenes with Ed O'Neill merit a view though
July 9, 2012
If you're familiar with many of the clichés of the early 1990's, then you'll probably appreciate the film's sharp sense of humour, even if the writing tends to get a little bogged down by a few clichés that the film can't quite shake off. The story itself is very straightforward and quickly paced, and this pace seems to be quite comfortable. The characters are quite well-played, if mainly because their performance fits the kind of hard rock culture that the film unashamedly revels in. Of course, what should ultimately matter is the humour. The film's oddball style of humour - combination of memorable catch-phrases, pop culture references and sharp wit - frequently brings out laughs in a way few other films can. The film tends to come across as a bit moronic, but in the case of Wayne's World, that's the point. It's a bit dumb, but it works, and it's certainly a catchy film that has aged quite well.
November 2, 2014
Finally watched this, in all its quotable glory... It's pretty good. I laughed decently, but I guess both Wayne and Garth are so damn likeable that I don't feel like being negative about this movie at all.
January 28, 2015
I make no apologies for loving this movie.
½ December 30, 2014
Likable, funny characters and an overused storyline equal something strange and silly.
½ January 7, 2015
Hilarious. Myers and Carvey are a fantastic duo who are a lot of fun to watch. A fantastic film for fans of the music of the era too.
May 17, 2010
Nostalgia is a big factor in the enjoyment of this film, but so what? This is a time capsule of a movie that may not be a work of art, but is a fun piece of its time. The characters are likable, and it never takes itself seriously. It knows what it is, it know what to do, and it does the best damn job of it that it can. What else can I say? It's a fun movie.
December 30, 2014
Moronically hilarious and clever for this oddball comedy. Wayne's World is highlighted by the constant humor from Myers & Carvey, making it one of the most successful SNL-sketch-based-films to date. 4/5
½ September 10, 2012
One of the best comedies I have ever seen
½ September 6, 2014
66%
Wayne's World is only sporadically funny, but there's plenty of 80s cheese to enjoy.
September 29, 2014
I couldn't finish it it was so boring.
½ March 16, 2009
Bill Ted's Excellent Adventure minus the time travel.. Great movie!!!