Wayne's World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wayne's World Reviews

½ March 16, 2011
Classic. Really funny and well done.
May 23, 2016
Got some good entertainment. This is not my favorite movie, but I had fun, and some of the gags are cute and funny.
½ May 20, 2016
Good film. Great music and references
½ February 24, 2011
Wayne's World is a wacky and fun movie, nothing more nothing less.
May 10, 2016
one of the best films of all time yet I believe the sequel was as good or even better
½ June 10, 2012
Completely ridiculous, hilarious and enjoyable. Everything Garth says makes me laugh and this is Mike Myers at his best, as opposed to Austin Powers.
½ October 28, 2015
It isn't laugh out loud hilarious but it is pretty entertaining.
March 20, 2016
an old school fave of mine. still watchable today.
March 9, 2016
Quite a funny movie. Really reflect on that 90s era of rock and dumb. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are 2 best pals who love rock and roll, also host a free cable show. Rob Lowe is from the big network and want to sign them. Mike fall in love with a lead singer/guitarist Tia Carrere. When they sign the contract, Rob change alot of things and it affect the usual style of their show. Rob also want to sign Tia and make her famous but is also at the same time wooing her. Mike quit the show one day when he make fun of the arcade sponsor of his show. Dana feel sad he just walk out on him. Tia and Mike quarrel over the career. Mike pick up his slack and get Tia back when she is also uncomfortable doing the weird MTVs for Rob. With the help of the friends and community, Mike decide to get back to his own home and to showcase Tia. Dana manage to make Rob's assistant Kurt Fuller to join them. They hook up Tia performance to the record mogul limo TV. Rob was stall by the police friend and the plan works. Tia get notice by the mogul and it is a happy ending.
½ January 12, 2012
A classic and must watch.
March 1, 2016
Wayne's World is one of the funnier films I've seen, with a stupid plot, stupid characters and a couple of geniuses behind it all to make it stupid in the best way possible. Mike Myers should have won an Oscar for his performance here.

If you haven't watched this, watch it now.
February 26, 2016
Wayne's World, directed by Penelope Spheeris is a romantic comedy produced in 1992 and set in Aroura, Illinois. The main characters are Mike Myers playing Wayne, Dana Carvey as Garth, Tia Carrera as Cassandra, and Rob Lowe as Benjamin. The movie won 3 awards including the MTV Movie Award, Brit Awards, and the ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. I love this movie because it's a great family comedy.

Wayne's World is a tale of two men trying to make it big, and in some terms, I guess that it worked out. Wayne and Garth have a small T.V. show in Wayne's basement called "Wayne's World". It's just like the local news, but with a hilarious attitude. The duo get what they wanted but there was a couple speedbumps in the process.

One of the funniest parts of Wayne's World is when Wayne and Garth start to argue while laying under that plane flies over them. The reason that I find this scene funny is because I can relate to it. Sometimes you get into a really bad fight with your friends. What also made this funny is because they timed it perfectly because they started swearing.

It also is a great movie because it brings joy to the whole family. There are multiple scenes that a family with any age children can enjoy together. Films like this can bring people closer to each other like teens who sit on their phones all day. If it's good enough to get a 14 year old girl off her phone for the whole film, it deserves gratitude and some awards.

Overall Wayne's World is an amazing movie. How else would it bring in an income of $183,097,323? I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes semi cheesy movies. Honestly this is my all time favorite movie, and I hope it can be yours too!
½ February 24, 2016
24 years on, this is still a classic, but not as funny as when I first saw it.
February 19, 2016
"In some countries marriage is a punishment" Wayne. Love it love it love it love it .watched it way too many times though love it.
February 19, 2016
One of the few well adapted SNL to film skits, Waynes World was Mike Myers at his best. Creative, well developed, lovable characters that related to the audience and still made us laugh with their quirky reactions to awkward situations. Party on!
½ January 9, 2016
really funny as hell.
½ September 17, 2007
Hilarious and cool

Wayne (played by Mike Myers) and his friend Garth (Dana Carvey) have their own program on public access television, broadcast from the basement of Wayne's parents' house. It is pretty low-key and has a limited audience. However, they are spotted by an unscrupulous, superficial and manipulative TV producer, Benjamin (Rob Lowe), who aims to turn them more mainstream and exploit the advertising and sponsorship potential of the show...

Based on the characters Mike Myers and Dana Carvey played on Saturday Night Live, Wayne's World is very funny and original. Some great dialogue and one-liners and contemporary (for the early/mid-90s) humour. Some fairly clever send-ups of popular culture too. Captures well the zeitgeist of the early/mid-90s, including the music - the soundtrack is excellent.

Only downside is that it hasn't aged too well, and the in-humour of the mid-90s doesn't transfer very well to 20+ years later. It did feel a bit less fresh in 2016 as opposed to 1992. Still a great movie though.
June 10, 2015
A true comedy classic.......NOT!!!!!!!
October 4, 2013
One of my favorite comedies of all time-- Myers and Carvey in their prime.
½ January 2, 2016
To me I kinda liked it. It was a little bit funny and a little dumb.