• PG-13, 1 hr. 35 min.

Wayne's World Reviews

July 21, 2014
One of the Best Comedies ever
July 9, 2012
This is one of the funniest movies ever made it makes fun of the cliches that were going on at the time and it gets funnier every time I watch it
Patrick V.
October 15, 2013
One of the best movies ever made!
September 18, 2007
Filled with clever, wacky humor, this stands among the best of the SNL movies.
July 4, 2014
Classic 90's humor makes this one of the best SNL-skit movies.
June 28, 2014
Cringe-worthy but absolutely hilarious at the same time. I found the shameless product placement my absolute favourite part of the movie. Also, I found the musical-related inside-jokes great.
June 10, 2010
'Wayne's World' is filled with plenty of gags that work and makes the movie enjoyable, being one of the funniest comedies that ever existed.
June 26, 2014
The best movie to ever spawn from an SNL Comedy Sketch (unless you count the Blues Brothers).

As Wayne would say: "Excellent!"
June 19, 2014
This might not fly well, but as I watched this movie again (and loved it again) I couldn't help but think of Wayne and Garth as losers. Likeable losers, but losers nonetheless. it's all the more reason to see them well-liked and triumphing.
September 16, 2012
Weird and very entertaining. Must see for our generation? I think so-ish. Idk watch it
June 15, 2014
Wayne's World is a hilarious comedy about two friends, Wayne and Garth, played by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, who run a local show called "Wayne's World" from Wayne's basement. A network executive played by Rob Lowe wants to manipulate them and make a bigger budget version of it. This movie is hilarious, the actors all played their roles well. They poke fun at pop-culture and it's extremely clever how they do it. They throw in little commercial jokes and they pull them off. Garth is one of the funniest characters I've ever seen in a movie. He's not trying to be funny, he just is. Some stuff I had to look for an explanation though, as some of the jokes are a little out-dated. If you saw this movie when it first came out, you probably got everything, but that's just a minor flaw. Just go see this movie, you will have a blast.
June 14, 2014
Wayne's World never takes itself too seriously and makes for an entertaining 90 minutes with plenty of laughs due to it's clever direction and memorable characters.
Ben D.
March 17, 2014
Like movies such as Dumb and Dumber, Zoolander, and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Wayne's World succeeds thanks lots of silliness and goofiness. These movies are intelligently stupid if you will.
June 8, 2014
Too many quotes.

Wayne's World is absolutely ridiculous. That's probably why it works so dang well.
June 5, 2014
There are moments of hilarity, but the sketch is not built to be 90 minutes
June 3, 2014
It's party time! Excellent! This little comedy gem based on an SNL sketch during the 90s stars Dana Carvey as Wayne and Mike Myers as his best friend, Garth. These two Rock n' Roll and Metal fans have been making a public access show called Wayne's World for years to the point of gaining a cult following. When a TV producer is introduced to the show by his wife, he sees money to be made in the show and proposes to make a hit based on it. The boys agree and get into all kinds of shenanigans as they are introduced to the TV world. Little do they know that the TV producer wants to milk their franchise as much as he can, even if it means that lines could be drawn between the two friends. For years, I've heard people quote this film endlessly. Apparently it was a huge staple in the 90s, but I never picked up on it. Now that I've finally seen it, I can understand the appeal. Wayne's World is a simple yet very funny comedy that put a smile on my face through its entire runtime. Dana Carvey and Mike Myers have excellent chemistry with each other, making a believable, albeit goofy, friendship between the two. Everytime the duo was on screen, they always had a way of making me laugh. However, the real star of the film is the sense of humor that is used. There is A LOT of 4th Wall Breaking (in which the characters are aware that they're in a movie) and it makes the film much funnier than it could have been. It makes for some clever insight on the world of television and its corruption (most notably a hilarious scene, and probably the funniest part in the whole film, involving Wayne and Garth stating that they'll never give in to selling out). It puts a unique spin on their type of comedy, even if it's not entirely original (Ferris Bueller anyone?). Still, it works and that's all that matters. If you haven't seen Wayne's World yet, definitely give it a shot! It's funny from start to finish and will probably stick around in America's culture for a long time due to its clever humor and memorable moments.
June 3, 2014
Excellent! I honestly thought this movie was hilarious. It is what it is, and that's two dimwitted rockers running their own t.v. show. Wayne's World is wacky and the humor and jokes and references make it hard to not watch. Quite a few quotable lines and scenes. I thought the Terminator line was hilarious, and the shitty Beatles.
June 2, 2014
Perfectly captures the audience in it's silliness and it's good intentions. This film is purely made for you to laugh. And it does it quite well.
June 1, 2014
Il film che avremmo potuto fare anche noi a casa nostra: č la sua bellezza ma anche il suo limite. Alcune scene non-sense e delle battute perņ sono geniali.
March 31, 2012
Although I prefer the sequel, Wayne's World is still a great comedy. It seemed to come out at the perfect time for rock and rollers and kids from the 90's. While everybody was jamming to Nirvana, these guys were still listening to hair metal and hard rock. It's, of course, based on the SNL skit, but it does so much with the premise, thanks in no small part to the writing of Mike Myers and the direction of Penelope Spheeris. It's ahead of its time when it comes to shows like Family Guy, who aped its style of comedy ten fold, but it was fun and refreshing at the time. It may not hold up as well as it should these days, but it's still fun. I wish they had played down Rob Lowe's villain a bit instead of making these so bleak in the second act, which they fixed in the sequel, but oh well. Nothing's perfect. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are both fantastic with their characters and the music is excellent. It's just a fun and funny movie.