The Wedding Date Reviews

July 10, 2014
Chick flick that is the definition of chick flick with enough testosterone for the guys to keep invested
½ August 10, 2015
A wedding to walk out on.
½ August 10, 2015
I fall for these rom-coms all the time!
½ March 8, 2015
Suddenly i remembered this movie and want to watch it again so i download it. Still remember scene by scene though, but i forgot the detail and the fact that Amy Adams also starring in this movie! It's a fun romcom ;)
½ February 24, 2015
Its a cute chick flick. How to get over and love again, with a messed up family all around you and part of your problem.
October 27, 2014
Absolutely love this movie!!!
September 20, 2014
I think it was very sweet. In fact I wish there would be Wedding Date 2. The story of a young woman with a broken heart isn't new but it still held my interest until the very end. Mulroney should be on Peoples most beautiful list every year along with Messing. Six grand is a lot of money for a date but if I had it and Dermot Mulroney was available, we'll lets just say that I would be at the bank ten minutes before it opens. All in all, the acting was fair for what it was,a sweet little romantic comedy. There were some of the sweetest lines ever to be written such as "I would rather fight with you than make love with anyone else" and "I think I would miss you even if we hadn't met." A very sweet movie with just enough sexual overtones to make you wish for more.
½ August 27, 2014
An Unfunny , unromantic pretentious film
December 4, 2011
absolutely mediocre in every way - and completely unrealistic in terms of depicting human relationships. I mean I know romantic comedies aren't really supposed to depict reality, but this movie didn't even try and as a result just seemed absurd and ridiculous.
½ June 16, 2014
i like debra messing but this is really boring. most romantic movies i've seen have at least a couple funny moments. this is just a mix of all the cheesy themes. wedding, 2 strangers getting to know and love each other, secrets, heartbreak, dancing, rain. has nice soundtrack songs though
½ May 7, 2014
My husband watched this movie on a business trip and recommended it to me. This is a great chick flick movie and I love it
February 4, 2008
I love it! This is my ultimate can watch anytime movie! It is especially good for nights when I am by myself.
April 7, 2014
Dermot Mulroney is a capable actor - but it's movies like this that have held him back for so many years. 'The Wedding Date' is one of the worst films of 2005, and Debra Messing is one of the worst actresses on the planet.
March 9, 2014
Love this movie! Debra and Dermot have the best chemistry!
November 16, 2013
This is rather flat, but it''s not as bad as many make out. The last ten minutes are actually quite good.
I did like the wedding scenes, but yes, I have to concede it is a little underwhelming. I have seen better-rated films and been more bored, though. At least this held my attention for the full 90 minutes.
½ November 10, 2013
2 of my SMASH people: Debra Messing and Jack Davenport
lots of similar parts to Pretty Woman (except, ya know, about the guy)
Debra's eyes remind me of Angie/Reese
awesome line: I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met
½ October 12, 2013
Sappy script, dull, pedestrian. Goofy newlyweds might like it. Probably not.
March 22, 2008
There was nothing of note on TV and Debra Messing's really cute.
August 9, 2009
One of the few romance/comedy movies that I like.
June 26, 2013
Really liked Debra in this movie and Dermot made a comeback from My best friends wedding for me since I hated that movie. I thought they were so cute together and the movie had some great moments with ups and downs. When there was drama it ticked me off but they knew how to switch it back around.