• R, 1 hr. 30 min.

Weirdsville Reviews

366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

February 1, 2013
Two junkies, who are planning a safe heist to pay off the mobster they owe $8000, clash with Satanists when they interrupt a ritual while burying an overdosed friend. At times this stoned black comedy from the director of PUMP UP THE VOLUME flirts with BIG LEBOWSKI-esque greatness, but some questionable contrivances and forced quirkiness put it in the merely entertaining range.
January 26, 2008
Very stupid. Very funny. Some real laugh out loud moments. Pretty cool soundtrack too.
July 5, 2008
While the 'loveable crackheads' idea is nothing we haven't seen before, once the story gets moving it manages to hold our attention. And even if alot of what happens can be argued as childish humour masked 'indie quirkiness', it's still pretty amusing. Really it's the actors that sell it, because the execution is nothing special. An amusing little film, but nothing that need be thought about or discussed afterwards.
July 13, 2012
So over-directed almost all of the jokes fall flat
February 19, 2012
some funny moments while running from the dealer...!
February 1, 2012
Just like the title, go into this movie expecting something different. I was surprised how well it was done and from not hearing about it it was really funny. In my taste anyway.
Shannon B.
January 17, 2012
Extremely odd and has tons of different genre nods. It shouldn't work but incredibly it does it well.
November 9, 2011
Maybe I should have gotten stoned to watched this cause it was just boring. Weird huh?
September 16, 2011
A bit disjointed and really sluggish in the middle. Picks up at the end. Seriously weird.
Hamee
November 6, 2007
This movie was moderately funny. I had to watch until the end just to make sure that these idiots survived themselves.
May 29, 2011
A man stabbed in the head with an icicle, drug dealers, a satanic cult and midgets who dress up as medieval knights...how could you go wrong?
John Cockerton
September 22, 2008
[font=Courier New][b] Weirdsville is a prime example of a classic black comedy. a series of crazy and unfortunate events that occur all in one night, with a body count of coarse. [/b]Scott Speedman and Wes Bentley act as an amazing duo, which gives indie films like this a good name [/font]
HeroPK
October 25, 2010
It's been awhile since I have seen it. But I remmeber liking it.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

May 21, 2010
As the title implies this film is kind of weird, in the same line of comedy as usual suspects. 2 potheads are in debt to a drug dealer, so we have a intertwining story with cults, midgets, and a teenage wanna be. Enjoyable and funny at times. A Canadian Comedy but no more the 3 1/2 stars.
Paul Celano
May 7, 2010
There is a reason why this film is called Weirdsville. It is because it is very strange. The story is mostly about drugs and Satanic rituals. Oh yeah, and there are midgets that like to fantasy role play as knights. But what makes this film entertaining is all that I mentioned. It all starts with two buddies played by Scott Speedman and Wed Bentley. Speedman was decent in his role, but I really enjoyed Bently. When he was stoned it was very entertaining. But these two mistake their friend, played by Taryn Manning, has overdosed. That is how it all started and it just got weirder and weirder. Later on Greg Bryk comes in as a Satanic cult leader thinking that Manning has Satan in her because of a ritual gone wrong. It is really hard to explain this whole story. It is something to just watch. I wish it was less confusing, but at least it was pretty entertaining.
March 20, 2010
Crazy surreal comedy- makes a good late night film. Generally funny throughout, but with moments of pure genius.
March 10, 2010
All you need to know is this has midgets in armor kicking the shit out of some idiots who want to make a sacrifice to Satan. This is not to mention all the other crazy shit that happens to two drug addicts who just need some money and want to save their prostitute friend.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 18, 2009
Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Taryn Manning, Greg Bryk, Randy Butcher, Matt Frewer

DIRECTED BY: Allan Moyle

When stoners Dexter and Royce mistakenly assume their friend Matilda has overdosed, they can't call the cops because she's OD'd on stolen drugs. So, they decide to bury her body themselves. Good news is she's not dead. Bad news is she wakes up just in time to interrupt a Satanic cult performing a ritual sacrifice in the same place the guys were going to bury her. Our heroes end up on the run from the Satanists, the drug dealer they stole the stash from, and a gang of angry little people all while trying to pull off a heist of their own. It's one crazy night in one crazy town!

The title of this movie totally fits it. It is my kind of movie. I love these off beat movies and all there weird quirks. Loved Wes Bentley in this movie. He was very different from other roles I have seen him in and very funny. The heist to me is the funniest part in the film. I also loved Scott Speedman. Great seeing him do different roles. Just a fun movie with some laughs and some weird situations.
November 4, 2009
Totally hilarious heist gone wrong! Effete wannabe Satanists, bungling slacker junkies and testerone-fueled little people make this movie a scream :)