Movies Like We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story

100% Veep: Season 3

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
Another fun animated Dinosaur movie for kids that I liked when I was young. It's really good, it's based on a kids book if I remember correctly. And it's just a fun movie.
Conner R

January 13, 2010
I've always loved how bizarre this movie is. It looks extremely different from anything you usually see, mainly due to the fact that it's about Dinosaurs with thinking minds and living in New York. It's got a nice demented plot about a circus freak trying to turn kids into zombie slaves.
November 20, 2012
Released months after another dinosaur story that was directed and produced by Spielberg, his animation studio made a charming animated family film of a dinosaur story so everyone of all ages can see his creation. (B+)
PaulBunya
June 23, 2011
This the weirdest animated movie I have seen since Cool World. This movie gets nothing done, developed, or entertained. It's not boring if you drunk or high I imagine but if you have to do that to yourself to enjoy something chances are it's crap. Which that's what this movie simply is. It probably could scare children as well with some of it's weird visuals.
hansonpoet
May 18, 2009
I use to watch this movie all the time. It's coming out on DVD soon and i'm going to be buying this movie. If you like dinosaurs and enjoy circus and laughing. You would enjoy this too.
February 23, 2009
One of my favorite movies when I was little.
I remember waiting days for it to play on the TV again....
markrowen
January 3, 2009
Not to disagree with every one else here but I remember loathing this movie when I was a kid. It does have a sad ending a good range of emotions but nothing great. I found most of the characters (rather dinosaur or human) extremely trifle and annoying. You can look at the characters and tell exactly how they are going to act and talk. I think I'd rather watch Land Before Time I-LCXXVIII before I watch this again still.
Samamandastorm
November 16, 2008
This movie is one of my childhood favorites. It's actually kind of scary in parts, but altogether loveable!
cmryan5230
May 13, 2007
Oh, so horrible. I kept watching it when I was little, but I think that even then I realized it was bad.
sugnspi1777
May 9, 2007
i would go to my grandmothers house just so i could watch this and i looved it !~ i wish they redid it i would buy it in a heartbeat !~
kahrazypenguin
February 27, 2007
I love this movie!
Havent seen it in a long time!!!1
No movie stores have it!
;-;
So depressing!!!
Bellie8891
January 12, 2007
OMG I TOTALLY REMEMBER THIS MOVIE FROM WHEN I WAS LITTLE!! THIS MOVIE WAS THE BOMB!! AND WAS TOTALLY THE BEST EVER!!!
nerdygertie23
November 9, 2006
This is another great movie. I love how real the dinosaurs look at the beginning and then they turn cartoonish. Also the Thanksgiving parade is great and so is the circus clown.. I think some of us need that brain stuff ( aaah! I don't rememver what it was called!)... But it always seemed a lot longer when I was little.
June 14, 2006
I saw this as a kid and hated it. I just didn't think it was that funny or interesting or anyhting. Really poor animation with really bad characters. Just dumb.
February 16, 2014
Another animated film that I seen a million times as a child but sees nothing now as an adult, except John Goodman having a lot of fun voicing the main character
January 19, 2014
An unremarkable effort. The animation is fairly good, the voice acting strong, and the slapstick can be funny. However its 'plotline' is meandering and doesn't justify a view, along with horrible pacing and focus issues.
December 29, 2013
(Upcoming Review) Rating: 6.9/10 Overview: ... this was a really strange movie, as were many of the feature-length animated films of the early 90s. However, it still holds that nostalgic notion that things were kid friendly and innocent back then, reminding us now that we had it good back in the day. The animation is fluid and appealing (though the perspective of some of the characters appeared to be a little bit wonky at times), and the music wasn't too bad either, along with the terrific voice acting. Speaking of which, I still find it funny that the actor who played Walter, the gruff war vet from The Big Lebowski plays a bouncy, friendly and singing T-Rex in a kids cartoon. Good stuff aside, more work and feeling went into the animal characters than the human characters, and that's never a good thing. This makes the human characters (the two children specifically) unlikable and UNBEARABLY ANNOYING. It makes you wish that these kids would just leave the movie so we can enjoy the dinosaurs more. If they would disappear from the film unexpectedly, no one would notice or even care. Every single character needs the same amount of care, otherwise, you lose the connection with the audience. But, it's a kids movie, so the logic is not really something to bash too much. It's still enjoyable, and really brings the memories from your childhood back.
December 7, 2013
One of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. Bottom line.
People P.
June 27, 2013
i think it's a very harmless film for kids and even older people longing for some nostalgia. The message is sort of weak, but I think the animation is nice. The villain is pretty cool and Mr. Cronkite really stands out in familiarity. The dinosaurs are okay, but they're cute, and the song that they sing during the parade is kind of catchy. The parade is over the top weird as well as the Martin Short clown. However, I really like the romance between that tough New York kid and "Lisa Simpson", lol. It's adorable. The movie is pretty good and nostalgic. I think kids will like this film fine.
June 3, 2013
Just another childhood favorite. I'd say this appeals to children more than adults.