Were the World Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Were the World Mine Reviews

October 28, 2009
A relevant, magical and magnificently entertaining fantasy, this independent musical took me completely by surprise.
September 21, 2015
Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic! A must watch. Phenomenal!
½ January 26, 2012
Wonderful Film. Deals with gay issues without going over the top or being too light or comedic. The school production at the end looks amazing, though a bit bland acting-wise. Funny, heart-warming, a nice story with cute gay kids and cool songs.
½ December 18, 2014
Whimsically Gay and better than Glee!!
½ November 9, 2014
This original musical comedy tries hard to be whimsical, but never quite succeeds.
½ July 25, 2014
interesting take on the bard
March 14, 2014
Not much of a fan of musicals myself, but this really is a very beautiful movie with a great storyline !
March 2, 2014
Terrific gay themed entertainment
January 11, 2014
campy, fun, and a movie I watched on LOGO, now I want to buy to add to my collection, Great movie. Tanner Cohen has an amzing voice and wonderful range. Bravo! Gay is mainstream, about time a movie breaks sterotypes in a positive manner.
August 21, 2013
An interesting story that corresponds with the lgbt community and how homophobes really create a hurtful mark on gay people because of their remarks.

Timothy is an openly gay high school senior with low self esteem who gets the lead role in his all male academy's production of Midsummer's Night's Dream.

He manages to concoct the purple flower mentioned in the play, this flower having the power to turn anyone gay and makes them attracted to the first person they see of the same sex.

This musical fantasy film is fantastic but the acting could've used some work.

Were the World Mine, I give you a 60%.
½ August 11, 2013
Painfully bad fantasy, like a teenage wet dream...
May 23, 2013
The Music was delightful, the story whimsical and even though some of the deliveries were out of touch with the scene/audience, it was well worth it. You can tell it's the first feature for many of the young actors, but easily forgiven when things unfold.
April 23, 2013
loved it... was a really great comeing out/gay love story with a happy ending finnally a movie like the regular ones except gay people... and for the lady at the end... whos next.... where were you when I was in high school?
November 23, 2012
A little slow but well done. If you're a Midsummer night's fan, you'll like it.
November 4, 2012
I absolutely loved this movie!
½ November 2, 2012
This wasn't a perfect film by any means but I did enjoy it. I wish there were more musical numbers but what we had was great. The acting was decent throughout, well besides the stage acting, but maybe that was the point? Anyways, I liked it and it did what it was made to do.
March 20, 2010
I had pretty low expectations for this from the description so I was pleasantly surprised. I get the title song in my head sometimes.