• PG, 1 hr. 39 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

What About Bob? Reviews

KJ P

October 1, 2010
Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfus play off each other so well that I really believed they were those characters. When a man with issues get's assigned a new shrink just as that shrink is about to go on vacation with his family, he follows him all around to make himself better and overcome his phobia's. Due to this, unintentional hilarity ensues for them and I found myself busting a gut every minute. No, "What About Bob?" is not a masterpiece in an regard, but if you look at it as a straight up comedy then you can have a blast with it. Well-written, well-acted, and well-directed, this film is very solid all around, but there was just something about Richard Dreyfus's character that pissed me off. He never really has a full character arch and he becomes more and more of an annoying dick as the film comes to a close, almost to the point of me not caring about his character anymore. Overall, this a very very funny movie that I would highly recommend.
Graham J

November 20, 2011
Murray and Dreyfuss are great.
Lucas M

February 1, 2012
A little rare jewel. A terrific, unique and obligatory comedy. Fresh.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 25, 2007
What About Bob? is one of those little comic gems that sort of came and went, and you don't really hear people talking very much about it these days. It was a staple for me when it first came out and I saw it often. There are some hilarious performances from both Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss housed inside a very funny story. It's marvelous that they got these two to do a movie together and it turn out so well. The only thing that seems off to me is the supporting cast. I always felt the family was a little off and the angry neighbors should have been given larger comic roles. Regardless, this is one of the funniest films to come from my childhood and I treasure it dearly.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This movie is so funny! Murray is a comic genius of course, and then Dreyfuss is a great straight man to him in this movie. The story is great, and it's very entertaining. I highly recommend it.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 27, 2011
One of Bill Murrays best films
3niR
3niR

October 20, 2010
OMG! Bob was such an annoying character. So is that doctor's family. Even I got frustrated while watching this. No wonder that doctor tried to kill him. I would have slapped him to death if I could.
movieguru12
movieguru12

April 27, 2008
Another one of Richard Dreyfuss's classic movies. Who could forget how Bill Murray drove him crazy as psychotic Bob Wiley in this comedy classic from the 90s :)
Conner R

April 19, 2010
I always forget how funny and effective this movie is. Maybe it's the fact that it is so good at getting under your skin, much like Bob is to Dr. Marvin, that you just want to be done with it afterward. While that might be a turn off in a lot of ways, you can't deny that this does exactly what it set out to do. You'll laugh a lot and love/hate the characters. Bill Murray delivers nothing short of comic genius and Richard Dreyfuss really knows how to play someone on their last straw. I'd definitely say it's a necessary comedy to watch in the Murray-Canon.
Anthony L

September 28, 2009
It?s a really annoying film, not one of Murray?s best!
TomBowler
TomBowler

July 31, 2009
this is actually a pretty funny film. baby steps.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 23, 2007
charismatic and a lot of fun, murray has a way of picking comedy roles that seem typical and are anything but. more depth than expected, the chemistry between murray and dreyfuss works almost too well.
Jon L

March 7, 2009
This is a great comedy. Good for family and friends. One of Bill Murray's best.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 4, 2008
One of Bill Murray's most lovable roles.
Passenger1986
Passenger1986

February 3, 2007
An underrated comedy gem, seemingly forgotten about by many people.

The first thing you may notice about the film is that Bill Murray goes against type here and plays a reclusive man who seemingly can't exist without his psychiatrist. Although Murray is great with his usual "charming, wisecracking, smarmy everyman", it's refreshing to see him do something different this early in his career.

What really makes the film work, though, is the relationship between Richard's character and Bil's character. What starts off as simple annoyance on Richard's part in relation to Bill becomes a homicidal rage. It's like taking a comedy plot from the 50's from a comedy duo and re-using it in the 90's but making it darker.

With a great supporting cast to boot, this movie is one of the better films back when Bill Murray focused on comedic films.
Dan S

October 24, 2007
Just a flat out funny, clean slice of comedy. Murray and Dreyfuss are an awesome odd couple.
Red L

August 25, 2007
Pretty funny
Cindy I

May 16, 2007
I like Bill Murray, but he was just too annoying and pathetic in this.
garyX
garyX

May 1, 2007
Another great comedy turn by Bill Murray as a chronic neurotic ingratiating himself into his increasingly exasperated psychiatrists life. Murray and Dreyfuss are great together and it skillfully sidesteps the kind of saccharine soaked schmaltz you'd expect from this kind of family comedy.
Tim B