What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? (1999)
want to see
User Ratings: 4,249
The 1994 drama Once Were Warriors told a sad but compelling tale of violence and alcoholism in New Zealand's Maori community, and What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? picks up the story several years later, though the focus is less on an individual family than the spread of gang warfare among the modern-day Maori. Jake and Beth Heke (Temuera Morrison and Rena Owen), the combative couple in the first film, have now split up, Beth having lost her patience with Jake's alcoholism and violent temper.
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?
- Apeman: What about you? What do you want?
- Mookie: Where's the beers?
- Apeman: Where's the beers?
- Mookie: Shit, man, I hope we know what we're doing. These fuckers look worse than the other fuckers.
- Sonny Heke: It's who dares, bro.
Discuss What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? on our Movie forum!