• PG-13, 1 hr. 37 min.
    Jun 1, 2001 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jan 1, 2002
  • MGM

Movies Like What's the Worst That Could Happen?

19% Transcendence Apr 18

What's the Worst That Could Happen? Reviews

xxdebxx
xxdebxx

May 10, 2011
The story focuses on a cat and mouse game between a clever thief Kevin (Martin Lawrence), and a crooked business tycoon Max Fairbanks (Danny DeVito), who turn each other's lives upside down after the former is caught burglarizing the Max's house and instead he gets robbed of his most prized possession: his girlfriend's ring. Now, he will stop at nothing to get the ring that was stolen from him. To help him is the hilarious John Leguizamo and joining them is Bernie Mac as Kevin's uncle. William Fichtner is also unforgettable as the police detective who suspects De Vito of committing insurance fraud.
Joseph E

September 23, 2009
I actually enjoyed it, although there was too many chacthers, the plot was loose, and it wasn't as funny as you'd expect, but I still liked it, Sort of.
RockabillySaint
RockabillySaint

August 12, 2007
This movie was an absolute waste of time to watch. None of it was even slightly humorous, except for William Fichtner's character, which was a unique and very amusing performance. Otherwise the rest is garbage, and shouldn't be watched unless you are extremely bored or morbidly curious.
February 4, 2014
I suppose the worst that could happen is good actors are wasted on an uninspired movie like this. Danny Devito and Martin Lawrence can be very funny, but these characters and this script limit them. John Leguizamo and Bernie Mac should round a strong cast, but mostly they go to waste as well. The plot of a homeowner of a burgled house robbing the burglar is one note; nothing of any consequence builds off it. One mildly ironic plot device stretches out over 90 minutes rather than building a more complex situation. Devito's character is not an ideal setup man for Martin Lawrence and his shtick. It is harmless fun, but the sprinkling of cheap light laughs stretches too thin.
djpdmk
July 4, 2011
One of the many 'OK' movies Martin Lawrence put out after his run of hilarious movies. Not too bad but nothing to get crazy about.
Heartgonemissing
July 6, 2007
Martin Lawrence (Bad Boys!!) and Danny DeVito (Twins) are not the two people one think will make a movie together, but here they are together and in a funnny movie about a thief who gets robbed by the owner of the house he is trying to rob. It ends well, and fun!
mandabri
July 5, 2007
I don't really care for this movie. Danny Devito isn't one of my favorite actors & I'd just rather watch something else.
GroupTour73
June 23, 2007
ah this one. it was funny at first, then just got really really annoying. forget about the god damn ring
Jviews
June 17, 2007
stupid and danny devito ws horrible...stupid and unfunny comedy with a twisted and unlikely plot...especially unoriginal
May 11, 2007
Martin plays a thief (again) and he robs the wrong guy. The guy ends up stealing a ring from the theif. They fight over a ring. They go back and forth until the end. Pretty simple plot but it is suprisingly very entertaining.
January 3, 2007
This is one of those movies that I watched all of, hoping that it would become good, and it never did - like Envy with Ben Stiller and Jack Black. "What's the Worst that Could Happen?" ... I saw this movie instead of doing something more productive with my time.
Matthew J.
February 17, 2013
"What's the Worst That Could Happen" is a stupid comedy, but an entertaining one.
September 28, 2012
Me biased towards Martin Lawrence!
July 4, 2011
Since when was Martin Lawrence "talented?"
moviebuff18cab
February 7, 2005
WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN? (2001)
joseph e.
August 31, 2010
Review #310 Comedy

Seriously What's the worse that could happen? That your movie sucked? No it is not Lawrence's fault! he is still stuck in this movie like all of the rest of the cast. They were bad in a bad screenplay too.

I actually enjoyed it, well not a real lot. There was too many, way too many chacthers. The plot was loose, and very stupid, and clich'd. It wasn't as funny as you'd expect.

So I ask you again. What's the worse that could happen? That you could suck worse than your title suggest? i don't know, and I really don't care. Atleast the ending was good.
Kirbert
July 27, 2010
A fairly good movie despite starring Martin Lawrence who sucks just as much as usual. It's all Lawrence for the first few minutes, which almost convinced me to bag this one and move on to something worth watching. But with the appearance of Danny Devito, it improved immensely.

Really, other than Lawrence, the cast was superb and the plot was nice 'n twisty. If someone with some talent had filled in for Lawrence, say, Ice Cube, this movie could have approached the greatness of Ruthless People -- which is clearly the vibe it was shooting for.
Matt J.
April 24, 2010
A funny good movie. A good hit for Mr. Lawrence.
jazza923
July 2, 2007
A silly comedy, boosted by the energy of the cast who made the most of an uninspiring script. Too obvious with too many jokes that just aren't very funny. But, there are a few laughs along the way.