White Lion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Lion Reviews

½ October 16, 2010
"White Lion" whilst a beautiful looking movie with some extraordinary footage of wildlife struggles when it comes to telling an interesting story.
June 28, 2013
Like the quasi-docs Duma, The Bear and Two Brothers, this adventure story about an albino lion both entertains and informs, albeit in modest measure.
December 23, 2011
If you are overly sensitive or have small children, I do not recommend this film. There are times at which it is thoroughly depressing. Realistic, I suppose, but depressing nonetheless. This actually plays more like a nature show than a movie, and is a bit too preachy, but the footage is beautiful. That alone makes this worth seeing.
May 8, 2011
This was one of the best animal movies I have seen in a while. This gives you an education on lions and the behavior of the pride. I seen a lot of people say they tried to watch it but got bored. I am not sure what they are talking about. This held my attention and was entertaining at the same time. A Must See.
March 18, 2011
Loved This Movie - first white lion movie besides the classic cartoon Kimba The White Lion......Filmed in South Africa on Location......Grrrreat movie, sorry not telling anymore, You`ll have to all watch it ;-)
½ March 8, 2011
as a children's film probably 3.5 stars
as an adult film 3 stars.

the cats in the film are not trained animals nor have they been kept in captivity. they are used to humans however and for various scenes were manipulated into playing out certain aspects needed for the story. interesting i thought.

i would pick this over lion king. if you're familiar with tezuka's 'kimba the white lion', you will enjoy this.
½ October 16, 2010
February 8, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
June 28, 2013
March 21, 2013
Sweet , Nice story ! Only the storytelling at the Campfire is a little childisch ....
December 1, 2012
This was a cute movie I really enjoyed it! The narration was awesome.
October 3, 2012
A heartfelt moving story.
½ April 21, 2012
I really enjoyed it. It teaches it a good theme about nature and its children.
February 27, 2012
?...?, 1/2?
½ February 26, 2012
Very interesting story of a rare white lion cub that wanders away from his pride and is left to fend for himself! I love animal stories like this!
January 13, 2012
A great and wonderful movie with great emotion. loved every bit.
December 23, 2011
July 4, 2011
I never thought this movie would be thus fun to watch. Certainly a must watch.
July 3, 2011
Too good when watched in HD.