14% Transcendence Apr 18

Who's That Girl? Reviews

TheGame90
TheGame90

May 7, 2011
OK as a daytime family friendly movie. Nothing extraordinary about it. Madonna did a okay job. The story is about what you could expect out of it.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This movie is fun but much too silly at times too. Madonna is okay, but an actress could have done a better job with this movie, I think. Anyway, this movie is a joy for any fan of hers. If you're not a big fan, it's just okay.
Lafe F

June 7, 2007
Madonna is naughty and fun as Nikki Finn. She's loveable, but a homewrecker as well. Often, her squealy voice will annoy. She's good to have around if thugs are pointing their guns at you. Great late-80's Madonna film. I loved the opening cartoon music video and wedding disaster at the end.
Jani H

May 31, 2009
"Is it possible for you to be any dumber?
- I don't see how."

Wow. I just finished this movie for a couple of minutes ago and all I can say is wow. I remember this movie from way back and there was some things that I remembered well. A cougar and... Well, that's about it.

Madonna's star was on the rise in the beginning of the 80's. She had made some successful albums and it was obvious that she would also try to conquer the big screens. I remember that I had the "Like a Virgin" album, don't understand why but that's not the point here. Madonna had to be everywhere. 'Desperately Seeking Susan', 'Shanghai Surprise' and this one came fast to the cinemas for our pleasure or misfortune...

Before I started to watch this, I was kinda eager about it. I had no negative thoughts, just prepared myself for a light comedy from the 80's. Now after the painful 90 minutes all I can say is what the fuck! The opening credits were pretty nice, with a Betty Boop type of animation that gave some background to the story. But 5 minutes in to the movie I was bewildered. How is this all possible? Unbeliavable and unfunny storytelling, irritating acting...

Was this intended to be a screwball comedy or a light romcom? I don't know but my dog seemed to like it. I sometimes wonder what makes a dog focus on something that's on the TV. It has to be some kind of stimulus. Was it the cougar roar or the annoying voice of Madonna?

'Who's That Girl?' is a movie that can be enjoyed by; a) fans of Madonna and b) those who don't take films seriously. I think that this was an insult to filmmaking. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy good comedy just as much as the next guy but this was just so stupid and annoying. I'd give it half a star but my dog insist that I have to give it a better rating...
jjnxn
jjnxn

September 27, 2007
Can you give negative stars? This movie deserves it.
garyX
garyX

May 7, 2007
After the success of Desperately Seeking Susan (in which she basically played herself), Madonna decided she could act.This tacky and irritating screwball comedy was the first of the many cinematic debacles that resulted. In the words of another crap songstress turned "actor": "If I could turn back time..."
Leigh R

August 24, 2006
Come on... who can resist Madonna?
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
Hilarious!
Sarah P

December 8, 2007
Madonna did a great job in this movie - for the silly movie it was, I enjoyed it!
MovieQueen79
June 24, 2011
Love this movie with Madonna. I like the plot and everything. This has to be my favorite Madonna film. Great soundtrack too!
June 24, 2008
While it is not hailed as one of Madonna's better movies, there are enough laughs and inside jokes that will please any fan of hers. The film follows Madonna as she is paroled from prison for a crime she did not commit and the trouble she gets into as she tries to clear her name. A must have for die hard fans of Madonna and it's off brand type of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leviatha9
December 31, 2008
MADONNA!!! I adore her and have since 1984.They panned this movie but I still love it!

I loved this movie and Madonna is a Icon.Even though it was panned as awful,I liked it.

I loved this,even though it was panned.Madonna RULZ!!!
firstamb
July 10, 2008
In this strange comed of murder and adventure, Madonna plays a girl on the lam from the law. And "Que es es bonita" is not "who's that girl" it's "what's that girl", but just saying.
June 26, 2007
This was one of my favorite movies when I was little. I still love to watch it. Madonna did a wonderful job in this movie.
June 18, 2007
"Knock Knock?" ("Who's there?") "Olive." ("Olive who?") "Olive you."

"My mom thought that I was shopping!"

"This is where Wendy Worthington lives. Had her in me cab once."

"I said, was the school swiss?"

"Louden Clear"

"Citizens arrest!"
sugRscheib
June 10, 2007
cheesy but has some funny parts, although hearing maddona's terrible accent the whole time is naerly unbearable
MovieGuruDude72
June 8, 2007
Dumber than a box of rocks. Made Britney's "Crossroads" and Mariah's "Glitter" possible because it showed that any spoiled pop star with no acting ability can get her own movie.
hope84
June 7, 2007
I am biased, but this movie always makes me feel better when I am down, it is great for a laugh. I love that Cat!!!
tonynav
July 2, 2006
I loved this. Madonna is hilarious in it. Too bad the rest of ya'll don't get it. Suck to be you. Nikki Finn is the shit.
July 26, 2013
This movie is hilarious and Madonna proves she has the comedic chops to hold it all together. Madonna is brilliant comedic actress.