Wild Tigers I Have Known Reviews

½ June 23, 2007
Wow I'm not really sure what to think.. To much 13 year old masturbation haha. But its was really artsy I liked that.. I Thought he looked really good. Esp with that wig. I loved it!
½ January 26, 2009
This movie is Americas answer to foreign films, this thing takes art to another level, this kind of movie is capable of redeeming your soul
½ November 10, 2008
Beautiuflly photographed scenery from somewhere. That's it. Hints and peeks at a 13 year old trying to deal with his sexuality.
May 22, 2015
Cam Archer's overtly stylized view of childhood sexuality is harmed by the intended approach which feels far too distant. That said, I suspect this artist has fully realized his vision. Unfortunately, this vision and the way in which Archer tells his story feels forced and feels too vague.
August 23, 2014
A very touching portrayal of what it is like to be 13 and different and gay. I know I was.
November 9, 2013
Slight gay coming-of-age film seems very self-important.
March 24, 2008
Shitty. It's attempt to be artistic failed.
February 24, 2008
An ambitious work that isn't always successful. Definitely an "ART FILM" with little dialog and lots of weird camera/composite work. The ended baffled me. I guess it was upbeat in one way.
½ August 24, 2007
Meet Logan (Malcolm Stumpf). He lives with what appears to be either a severely bipolar or severely bitchy mother (Fairuza Balk), and no dad. It's never explained exactly where his dad is. Anyway, the first shot we have of Logan is him with his hand down his pants. Endearing, no? And besides that startling first impression of Logan, he has emo hair! Gasp.

No, seriously, Logan's just lonely and depressed. He's thirteen years old and struggling with his newfound homosexuality. He has only one friend, Joey (Max Paradise), who is desperate to be 'cool', and writes a list on how to do so. They're your two basic middle school outcasts.

Until Logan meets Rodeo (pronounced Ro-day-O, played by Patrick White), after a visit to the school counselors office - who obviously has some idea about what Logan's going through. She asks him if he feels 'different' from the other students, and if it wasn't obvious before, it is when Logan meets Rodeo. Right from the start, Logan is obviously infatuated with the older, more popular boy. Rodeo eventually offers to take Logan to see the mountain lions that live in the woods behind the school, one of which was shot on campus recently.

As Logan becomes more and besotted by Rodeo, he creates an alter ego named Leah and talks to Rodeo on the phone with a disguised voice, hoping to get the older boy to like him by being someone else. When Rodeo finds out the girl he's had phone sex with isn't a girl, Logan looks more shocked than Rodeo himself. 'You really didn't know?' he asks, and the look on his face as Rodeo walks away is heartbreaking.

Wild Tigers I Have Known is a very visual movie, and it sometimes seems as if it's told more through the images and thoughts in Logan's mind than it is through the dialogue, and that's what makes it good to me, although it may not be for some people. Malcolm Stumpf is absolutely stunning, doing a better acting job than I would have ever expected from someone so young.

The movie ends, not happily, but more in resignation. Being a teenager is hard, and the added pressure of realizing that you're gay isn't easy - trust me, I'll vouch for that XD Near the end of the movie, there's one scene where Logan's mom is stroking his hair, and she says something incredibly wise, considering I wanted to hit her for the whole movie. 'It's up to you, you know, how long you want to hate it for'.

Wild Tigers definitely isn't a movie for everyone, but it's offbeat and quirky, and it doesn't follow the rules of modern movies.
July 25, 2007
After reading many reviews of this movie I was very excited to see it. Everything I read about the movie seemed to excite me and I really expected a great movie expierence.

However, After watching it I feel really let down. Albeit a melodic dreamy movie, it's just to slow, the characters fail to ingage and pull you into the movie. It's pretty saddening because I saw a lot of good acting talent that they could have used in much much better way if the effort was used.
½ July 10, 2007
There seems to be talent here but it doesn't full come out. The film feels empty and don't feel any sympathy for the main character. Maybe I am not suppossed to, but it failed to engage me.