Check Out the Delicious New "Charlie" One-Sheet!

Various outlets are sharing the new "Willy Wonka" poster with us, but I found it over at Movie City News, so that's who gets the linkage! Based on the beloved book by Roald Dahl, directed by the lovably insane Tim Burton ("Sleepy Hollow"), and starring everyone's main man Johnny Depp, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is among the most anticipated releases of 2005.

Go have a quick peek at the new poster to see what you think, and be sure to check out the trailer for more chocolate-covered weirdness.

Comments

craygyrulez

crayg nelmes

im wel lookn 4wd 2 dis movie

Apr 5 - 01:30 PM

a limited run film

Stephen Hoang

johnny depp has been making good films lately, but the trailer for this one looks horrible.

Apr 5 - 05:29 PM

Ophiuchus

KJ T

I was interested in this movie, but I just saw the trailer, and frankly the high-pitched singing freaked me out something terrible. Not to mention the very scary-looking giant children statues and things... is this a horror movie?

Apr 5 - 11:51 PM

SpideysGirl_89

Karlie Mae

I cant wait to see this! That poster is really intersting...makes me want to see it even more.

Apr 6 - 01:19 AM

jeanfc

Jean Francois Cormier

I am thinking that this movie will probably do ok - but a lot of people will be totally freaked out by Johnny Depp - quite honestly, he looks like a druged-up Michael Jackson.

I found the trailer quite disturbing, and I can imagine a 9 year old having nightmares about this

Apr 6 - 06:03 AM

renodc

Ryan Meals

I was thinking the exact same thing. This looks like something you would see if you visited the Neverland Ranch.

Apr 6 - 06:25 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Well 9 year olds did have nightmares about the last one. Just ask my boyfriend. It scared the crap out of him and he refuses to see the sequel.

Apr 6 - 06:11 AM

renodc

Ryan Meals

Apr 6 - 06:25 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]THIS ISNT A SEQUEL[/b]
This is supposed to be a retelling from the book since the first one went too campy supposedly, the book is much darker. Honestly, even Depp, who is among the best actors around, will not make me interested in it. This poster has been around for a while, so I am curious why its all of a sudden news.

This might be the flop of the summer if it doesnt get better than that trailer.

Apr 6 - 07:49 AM

Prosper761

Brian Bara

[b]Can't Wait[/b]
As a child, this was one of my favorite books, and while the Gene Wilder version is a classic in its own right, I really wantto see what Tim Burton does with it. The trailer is hilarious and the visuals are classic Burton. I'll be first in line.

Apr 6 - 09:05 AM

jeanfc

Jean Francois Cormier

I don't recall Burton making to many children's film - most of his films are freaky, dark and usually filled with odities - I am not sure if this is the type of film that will appeal to too many kids and families.

It certainly looks freaker than Lemony Snicket's - which received a so-so reception from the family crowd. We'll see.

Apr 6 - 11:42 AM

nova6868

Revned Buchanan

Burton did direct Pewee's Big Adventure (a children's movie), and I thought that movie kicked ass. Seriously.

I agree, the trailer is weird. And thank God it is. I love Burton and Depp when they're being weird and zany.

Apr 8 - 11:01 PM

ESotSM

Ryan McEachern

[b]Hoping...[/b]
I'm just hoping it's less like "Planet of the Apes" (another Burton "re-telling" piece of crap) and more like "Guess Who", a wonderful retelling of a classic.

Wait, no I don't.

Regardless. Depp, Burton and Elfman alone will always put my butt in the seat. Yes the trailer is kind of annoying, but for some strange reason I really can't stop watching it.....and neither can you!!

Apr 8 - 01:56 AM