Winnie the Pooh - A Very Merry Pooh Year Reviews

sanjurosamurai
January 25, 2007
this is a classic christmas story of pooh and his friends with the lost chirstmas letter. great holiday fun to watch with my kids.
½ January 1, 2013
Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year is a delightful and whimsical feature full of the festive adventures of the Hundred Acre Wood. The first half of the feature is a recut version of Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, and is followed by a second story about the New Year's resolutions made by the Hundred Acre Wood gang in order to prevent Rabbit from leaving them. The voice work is pretty good, and is fairly consistent with the established characters. Additionally, Carly Simon provides a charming soundtrack that's lighthearted and soothing. Yet there's nothing particularly inspired or original about Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year, making it a rather mediocre (but enjoyable) animated feature.
½ December 28, 2014
This is going to be the bestest Christmas ever!

Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year tells two Winnie the Pooh tales. The first tale is about the time Winnie the Pooh and friends got their Christmas wish list out to Santa at the last minute, Christmas Eve, which almost cost them getting their gifts for Christmas. The second story tells the tale of Winnie the Pooh and friends being afraid Rabbit will leave and they feel the need to change to get him to change his mind. Pooh and friends discover that it takes them being themselves to be a family.

"I'd like to raise a toast!"
"I love toast!"
"Have you tried it with honey?"

Three Disney directors collaborate to deliver Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Christmas. The storyline for these tales are interesting and have a classic Pooh feel to them. The storylines deliver the characters well and the animation style is cleaner than you may be used to for this series.

"If we were going to let him hibernate through Christmas, he'd hate us in the morning!"

We grabbed this off Netflix this holiday season and my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the tales. I thought the first Christmas story was better than the second one, but they were both entertaining. This may not be an all time great classic animated film, but it is worth a viewing and borderline worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Bells on Tigger ring!"

Grade: B-
January 18, 2014
Friends celebrate the holidays in this episode - kids will not be disappointed.
½ January 1, 2013
½ February 13, 2011
This is probably one of the more weaker Winnie the Pooh entries, but it's still very enjoyable. The plot is cute and funny, but the flashback to the episode from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh felt like padding and a cheat. Still, I can't complain too much, because it's still a sweet and nostalgic film that always puts a smile on my face.

7.2/10