Wisdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wisdom Reviews

½ July 7, 2008
I saw this movie at the theatre when it first came out. It was memorable in the fact that it is probably the worst movie I've ever seen.
July 7, 2008
I was working in a video store in 1987 when this movie was released on VHS - otherwise I might have never even heard of it. I was intrigued to learn that Emilio had written and directed it himself.
Having recently seen Emilio, Demi, et al in "St. Elmo's Fire", I was anxious to view this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's interesting to note the scenes that Emilio *directly* borrowed from the film in which his father starred with Sissy Spacek - "Badlands". The premise of the movie is different, but the story does revolve around a young couple "on the lam". I say "Bravo!" to Emilio's first foray into movie-making. I was and still am very impressed!
½ July 3, 2008
Oh, if it wasn't for that crap ending...
June 19, 2008
After starring in the Alex Cox-directed cult hit REPO MAN (1984) and being one of the so-called "Brat-Pack," Estevez starred and directed in this waste of time with his then-girlfriend, Demi Moore. Estevez was briefly married to Paula Abdul in the early 1990s but is not the source of celebrity gossip that his brother, Charlie Sheen, is. He returned to directing last year; BOBBY (2007) was a more interesting failure than this film was. Moore, of course, went on to become the "it" gilr of the early 1990s until everyone got bored of her. She retreated but has recently re-emerged from isolation with boy-toy Ashton Kutchner.
This film tried to say something about the plight of farmers and banking policies in the Reagan era but Estevez was not a skilled-enough director to really make this lovers-on-the-lam stiry interesting.
½ May 5, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 17.01.1998
½ February 24, 2008
The ending alone is what takes this from a moderately OK movie to utter crap. You wonder if an ending can be so bad? Oh yes it can.
½ January 20, 2008
good 80s movie. When i first saw it, i loved it.
Emlio and Demi were so young and cute.
December 17, 2007
Estevez smashes it Directing and Starring in WISDOM a Bonnie & Clyde style thriller against the banking system
½ December 14, 2007
incredibly emotional.i loved it.
December 12, 2007
This movie was pretty good. Came out in 84. Alot was filmed around Sacramento.
½ October 11, 2007
I remember thinking it was cool too...but it is mediocre when it comes down to it.
½ October 11, 2007
A fine first directorial effort from Estevez. While it struggled to punch any weight with its subject, it was never the less a good 80s watch with some nice little acting bits from a young Moore.
October 9, 2007
Thought this was cool as heck back in 1986. Pretty mediocre, but better than critics said at the time.
September 23, 2007
esteves and moore go on the run after a crime he committes, directed by esteves
September 16, 2007
another movie I grew up on, moral of the movie: be careful what you do when your drunk!!
½ August 24, 2007
The lamest Bonnie and Clyde ripoff.
August 23, 2007
Think I saw this, too...
August 16, 2007
Another movie marked by a traumatic date experience. The movie sucked, but I wasn't paying attention at all because I was so nervous about putting my arm around this girl I was in love with - it was our first date. Things went bad because I was pretty scared. on the way home to cheer myself up I rented "Big Trouble In Little China". Check the review of that.
½ August 8, 2007
I kind of thought this movie was the shit when I was 13 because Emilio was all sticking it to the man, being Robin Hood-esque, and revolutionary, yadda, yadda. Now I realize that, well, it was kind of mediocre (like his acting), and Emilio was bitter because he couldn't get into college and get a real job so he had to rob banks.
½ June 20, 2007
An underrated variation of Bonnie and Clyde, it focusses on errors in the systems, driving too many people to the edge!