Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ May 29, 2012
Wishmaster 2 is a cheaply made sequel to the good first film. This one feels rushed, without taking the time to get things right. In doing so, the filmmakers fail at delivering genuine scares, and instead give us a film that is more silly than frightening. This film is painful to watch, and the cast here are bad and they deliver wooden performances that are just forgettable. The film is basically designed to fill the needs of a sequel, where there isn't one. The film lacks anything to really please horror fans, and you're left wanting a lot more. This film is tiresome, dull and boring, not to mention very stupid. It was clear that the filmmakers didn't care how this one turned out. The first film was a good, entertaining although not perfect film, but it was watchable. This on the other hand is a wreck from start to finish. This is standard low-budget horror film fare and it shows. The film tends to use the same formula of the first, but dumbing down the interesting aspects that made the first good. With this film, it's just another run of the mill sequel with no objective. This film is just poorly constructed entertainment that just doesn't cut it. There's nothing remarkable about the film, and everything is forgettable. Wishmaster 2 is a film that really doesn't stand out, and there was lots of potential in making a good sequel, unfortunately all that was wasted with a poor script, and lazy filmmaking. Definitely stick with the first film, but avoid this one along with all the sequels.
½ March 17, 2012
Titillation fills in for fewer makeup effects as the first and so we've a couple of writhing-in-terror-in-bed-in-my-underwear scenes with Holly Fields and that's about it for this installment of the series. Many scenes of the bad guy standing around saying "fulfill the prophecy!" w/o doing a damn thing about it. Nearly frustrating.
October 18, 2011
Well it's not as good as the first I'm afraid, good to see Andrew Divoff back again as I think it was a new actor for the 3rd and 4th films. He hams up the Djin rather well, but the deaths are not as inventive as the first. I didn't think it was quite as gory as the first and it didn't have the dark humour of the first either. If you liked the first you might enjoy this, it just doesn't reach the heights of the first.
Marc L.
June 28, 2011
"Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies" Well I guess bad movies don't die either. With the lack of shock, the funny scenes, the bad acting, the lame special affects and overall anti scariness, it seems this particular bad movie seems to live forever, but for all the wrong reasons.

First of all, the special affects are downright awful. I could buy a better demon mask from a preschooler working on an art project. The deaths were unrealistic too, particularly the "bee" death at the casino.

Maybe this movie would be better if it was a comedy, because I found myself and my siblings unintentionally laughing the whole time. In fact there was one scene where the evil Djinn picks up a rock, makes it disappear and says "Magic!". For no reason at all! Did the director just think "Do you wanna know what this movie needs? A evil demon making a rock disappear and say magic for no particular reason at all!"

The deaths are unintentionally funny to. Like the scene where the inmate wants to get "wasted" so the demon makes his fellow inmated kick him to death? Lame, lame, lame, lame LAME!!!

Bottom line, this is a pretty bad horror film. Pretty, pretty bad.
April 26, 2010
Andrew Divoff continues to own, in this samey/samey sequel. It's ridiculous, going for laughs and gore, but never a scare. The moment someone says "I wish my lawyer would go fuck himself!" You know you're in for a treat. It may not make any sense, but at least it was entertaining in a weird way. The film shouldn't be taken seriously, but it should at least create some rules for its mythology. It seems that the Djinn can now pick and choose which wishes he grants, and manipulates them in ways that don't make sense. There's also too much God talk, from a terible Paul Johansson. To top it off, our heroine is a murderer. In a film like this, you're not going to be able to connect the audience with a complex character, so why bother?
ScoopOnline
December 12, 2009
Wishmaster sequel with Andrew Divoff were not bad but I ll forever stuck on the prequel.
puffchunk
October 25, 2007
Pretty shameful compared to the first one. The plot holes multiplied 10 fold from the first one...there seemed to be a bunch of rules that all the sudden were different in this one. Way less neat special effects, not as funny or fun. And the two main 'good guys' were really lame.
½ September 15, 2007
Ugh. As good as the original was, this one is awful. It seemed like an excuse to find more ways to pervert wishes, but that's about the extent of this movie's merit. I didn't like the heroine and I especially didn't like the way she had to fall back on religion, rather than relying on smarts and internal fortitude like Alex in the first movie. This was just so disappointing. I was glad they got the same actor to plat the Djinn though.
½ July 15, 2007
Only half as good as the first Wishmaster movie, because the Djinn spends too much time in human form, and we have that awful prison setting. There's a good casino mass-slaughter scene which is as great as the original's cocktail party massacre.
March 13, 2006
I watched a man make love to his butt in this movie.
June 1, 2015
This series went down fast. The Wishmaster, in Djinn form, is mostly seen in just snippets, visions in our heroine's mind. The story is dull and the absolute failure of God's warrior seems a bit much. The movie is poorly acted, and the prison scenes were laughably unrealistic.
April 7, 2014
The main character, the wishmaster is played very nicely and it's still a good movie to watch but it's not better than the first part. The Djinn is still the main attraction in this film.
½ February 24, 2014
The good news is that Divoff is back as the Wishmaster. Unfortunately that can't make up for a lack of everything that made the original fun. A disappointing sequel.
July 6, 2013
Decent, yet not enough to be fully enjoyable. It gets slow and tires out. The make-up is nice but the effects do start to get cheap looking. The characters aren't so great, and it's easy to know how the film will end. Slow pacing, though there are plenty of evil wish-twists to sit through.
½ January 22, 2013
Well, this is just awful. Why do I subject myself to these kinds of things, time and again, you wonder? Because, my friend, I have no desire to live a life of taste or quality.
½ March 2, 2011
Not as good as its guilty pleasure predecessor, Wishmaster 2 is still a thoroughly enjoyable piece of horror cinema with tons of cool, funny deaths. Highlights include the djinn hanging out in prison and the djinn visiting Las Vegas. Great times even if it isn't a great film.
½ December 27, 2009
This was not even close to the first in quality or content. The djinn once again escapes from his gem, and goes to jail this time. He grants more wishes and runs out of people to steal the souls of. So he breaks out and goes to Vegas, where people trade their souls anyway. Once again, he is outsmarted by a mortal woman, facing further imprisonment.
½ August 24, 2009
i really enjoyed this one it was better than i thought it would be and i would love to see the third!!!
July 15, 2009
Creepy like the first. I must say, that if it weren't for the man who plays the evil Djinn, it'd be somewhat boring and not as creepy.
September 23, 2008
It was alright, but sometimes they just need to make one film, and then stop. There are way too many sequels, especially in the horror genre.