The Wobblies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wobblies Reviews

October 8, 2007
An excellent introduction to the IWW, both its history and its working philosophy. I would say this is fair and unbiased in its presentation, but I know that anti-IWW folks would probably disagree. Possibly the greatest point of disagreement would be that the IWW is presented as a group who did not participate in as many violent actions as they are often accused of. Now because I wasn't personally on hand for every single event in which the IWW participated, it would be hard to verify this as truth, but my stateside grandfather, who was an original Wobblie and a member of the IBEW, often talked about how claims of IWW violence were exaggerated by management and government for political purposes. Me? I believe my grandfather.
December 26, 2012
A entertaining and informative introduction to the IWW.
½ May 25, 2008
excellent archival documents woven into some wonderful interviews from a series of talking heads affiliated with the IWW.... be forewarned the sound is pretty muddled which is a shame with all those great Wobbly songs.
October 8, 2007