63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

John M

June 6, 2008
Wolverine, Deadpool, lots of action . .i enjoyed this from start to finish. Lots of more hard core comic people may have not liked it. I on the other hand not being one of them loved it.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

May 3, 2009
the entire film worked incredibly well for me until the final act, which fell so flat that it left me feeling that the film as a whole lacked the direction that seemed to build well in the first two thirds of the movie. it wasnt just one or two things, but rather the entirety of the final act that took a wrong turn from the art direction, to the motivation of the characters, to the script itself. Entertaining but overall pretty bad.
KJ P

January 11, 2010
Now they have taken it too far! I have always been a fan of the X-Men films, but this is no X-Men film. The filmmakers took the legendary wolverine character, took comic book events and characters, randomly threw it together and tried to make an entertaining summer blockbuster that was only mildly entertaining. It does not even nudge the franchise films, and barely packs a punch for the action and thrills. The back story to wolverine just is not that interesting, and they throw way too many characters hear and there, and if you have never read the comics, you are not really sure who they are, but it is saved by all the moral enjoyment of the film. The huge flaw that is carries is that is has to live up to the rest, which it sadly does not! I was deeply disappointed and I will never be excited to see another film based on Wolverine, but I am a sucker, so I'll probably end back up in the cinemas! Wow, what a disappointment!
Edward B

June 11, 2011
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a clutter of bad CGI and underdeveloped plots. Not to mention that Gambit, Deadpool, and pretty much every other supporting superhero are extremely underused. Even the action scenes are lame and predictable. There's nothing remotely entertaining about this movie.
Carlos M

June 19, 2010
Despite the generally good dialogue and exciting action scenes, the script is an irritating mess full of inconsistencies and plot holes, especially regarding Victor Creed's motivations and the stupid plan conceived by one of the most inept villains ever created, Col. Stryker.
Eugene B

September 24, 2012
Hugh Jackman gives an outstanding performance to shroud the fact X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a simplistic and safe film that doesn't really execute as much as the X-Men franchise. The script touches on familiar grounds and different landscapes but still doesn't surpass the impact the X-Men trilogy had. 3.5/5
Market Man
Market Man

August 4, 2012
Suffers from horrible pacing and a clustered plot. Too many twists for my taste. The action scenes are clunky and boring. Whoever wrote the script for this film must have rushed through it. It's disappointing because Wolverine is such a cool character and this film doesn't do him justice.
Nikhil N.
Nikhil N.

June 11, 2011
Fun action, great fast paced thrill ride with some story. Character development is at its optimum for the X-men films. Much more climactic than the X-3. Although it may seem a little sloppy and at times just poorly shot; the movie delivers a solid popcorn film that will be more fun than all its predecessors.
Sophie B

April 13, 2009
A really good cast and interesting story made it worth watching and I definitely feel like I know the characters more (coming from a non comic reader or X-men fan) so for me it was good and kept my attentions but I don't know how a hard core fan would feel. It did get a bit obvious and draining to watch towards then end but overall it was an ok movie.
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 15, 2008
Movie focuses on Logan and how he becomes Wolverine.
Scott G

October 25, 2011
I just didn't seem to click onto the film, all-be-it there is some darn good action and some good choices in the line of casting but, I didn't seem to warm to it. Although I didn't fully follow the film, there is some credit where it's due, just struggling to put the credit in most places.
Alexander D

August 12, 2011
The first prequel to the original three X-MEN movies isn't notably terrible, but it's just not all that great. THE LAST STAND was a considerable fall from X-MEN and X-MEN UNITED, but ORIGINS: WOLVERINE cannot even be truly called an X-MEN film. It can, though, be called an "X-Man" film, given the fact that it centers only on Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), as hinted in the title. The real thing that bothers me here, though, is that even though some of the other X-Men are here, we don't get to see all the original X-Men like Storm (Halle Berry) and Rogue (Anna Paquin) who we loved seeing in the first three films.
michael e.
michael e.

September 27, 2010
A Film about my favorite X-men members past and origin? How do you screw that up? Somehow they did it. I liked this film the first 2 times I saw it, but I decided to read some origins of the X-men characters in some recent comics online, and this film screwed up so many different chronological moments in the characters past. They kept with the story of how Wolverine had obtained the Adamantium inside his body, but the characters are flat the action is less than perfect, and the plot has quite a few holes in it. But the biggest thing that ticked me off about this movie is that in the comics Sabertooth was never Wolverine's brother, and Sabertooth was in the first X-men film but the two don't even acknowledge each other or the fact that they are brothers, and the character of Deadpool being in this movie was just to satisfy fans to see him in something recently since how he was introduced recently and has gotten a much bigger cult following now, but they screw up his chronology as well, because in this film they make Deadpool basically invincible and made him a mute, while in the comics he isn't, and he never appeared in any X-men comics, mainly Spiderman comics. I also didn't like the cameo with Gambit because there was really no purpose to him other than him telling Wolverine where the island base was. Surprisingly the only character I kind of liked was the character that Will. I. Am played, but as usual they kill off the only cool character in the film. If I could sum up this whole movie in one simple sentence it would be "dull action and Everyone screams every 5 seconds."
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Could've done better.
Jason C

June 13, 2011
This could be considered a disappointment, but it's probably not as bad as you may have heard it is. It's very uneven, and the number of mutants tossed in the mix makes it feel bloated. That said, the conflict between Wolverine and Sabretooth is very well done, with top notch performances turned in by both actors. Add Deadpool/Weapon XI, and you have a pretty decent movie.
Christopher H

June 11, 2011
X-men 3 may not have been a masterpiece but at least it had decent action and good visuals. The action in this film is boring, cliche, and poorly filmed. A lot of the CGI in the film looks like it was placed at the last minute, especially Wolverines claws. The story in this film makes one wonder whether the writers even watched the three previous X-men movies. There are many moments that are just plain insulting to Wolverines character, especially one scene were the film gives a really lame explanation as to how Wolverine got his name. The film is overstuffed with useless characters. Not even Hugh Jackmans flawless portrayal of Wolverine can save the film from horrendous dialogue and poorly thought out character development. This film feels like an attempt by Hollywood to use Wolverines popularity in order make a cheap cash-in.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 5, 2010
This film really did not need to be made. An X-Men prequel? Really? With that being said, when I saw this film in theaters in 2009, I left the theater very pleased. It's not the best superhero/action film I've seen, but it very enjoyable. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The action, fighting, and effects are great, and even the story is okay. This film barely fits into the stories of the other films, but overall it succeeds as a member of the X-Men saga.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 16, 2011
I didnt hate this movie, it was a million times better than The Last Stand. The action and effects were good, and fun to know Wolverines past. But I tell ya, the plot and characters are so boring I was almost a sleep. Its other characters are such bad actors it hurts. Go see it for the action and nothing else.