Woodstock '99 Reviews

June 5, 2010
Unfortunately, the 30th anniversary concert of Woodstock will forever be remembered not for the music but for the sexual assaults and cases of arson. The crowds were so tightly packed in around the stages that female concertgoers stuck in the sea of people were often raped with no one willing to help them. Then to add to the embarrassment and misery a bunch of drunken idiots start setting fire to everything. It was one hell of a show, where else are you going to see James Brown, Elvis Costello, Creed, Alanis Morisette, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kid Rock, Jewel, Rage Against the Machine and Metallica in one concert? Too bad a bunch of assholes ruined the whole Woodstock goodwill image and forever ended any more anniversary concerts.
½ July 23, 2011
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the original Woodstock, Woodstock 99 was slightly the same, but with several disappointments: heat, violence, rape, expensive prices, bonfires, destruction, & the negative effects it gave the audience (it's supposed to be a "peaceful" event, not "violent"!). After it ended, there was one particular concertgoer that shared the same thoughts & words I had: "[It's] sad, man. It puts a tear in my eye. I don't see how they're gonna throw anything like this ever again. It's just a lot of people ruined it."
However, I liked several of the performances (Metallica, James Brown, Creed, Dave Matthews Band, KoRn, Bush, Jamiroquai, etc.) & a few interviews; the stage was beautiful, too. By ignoring the god forbidden audience (except the aforementioned particular concertgoer), Long Live the Woodstock Generation!
July 12, 2011
This concert had some good performance and all but it will go down as one of the worst concerts in american history because of all the rapes and riots that occured there and because one of the most unlikeable bands of all time,limp bizkit,performed.